AC Modding Questions Thread

Can someone point me to a guide for using the ksFlags shader? I've attempting to put a flag in but it is 'fixed' at the bottom of the object. I've attempting moving and rotating the pivot, but couldn't get the fixed edge to change. Can someone point me to a good example or if I'm doing anything wrong?

Attachments

• Flagerror.jpg
    Flagerror.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 155
Does anyone have a good 'recipe' for creating metal with the default Kunos shaders? The standard metal flake technique isn't strong enough, I want more specular falloff. I'm trying to replicate the kind of surface finish look in the attached, but I just can't seem to get it right.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    36.7 KB · Views: 199
Does anyone have a good 'recipe' for creating metal with the default Kunos shaders? The standard metal flake technique isn't strong enough, I want more specular falloff. I'm trying to replicate the kind of surface finish look in the attached, but I just can't seem to get it right.
that's remind me of something.

i was working on chrome finished for a car before, but couldn't get it right. even with same combined metal detail and maps as the car mod for example. when i compared the car that i skinned and the car mod that have proper chrome side by side with 3DsimED, both had different shaders that's why the same map color didn't work on Kunos car.

change the shader perhaps will work but i might be wrong.

2̶0̶ ̶D̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶d̶u̶m̶b̶ ̶q̶u̶e̶s̶t̶i̶o̶n̶
0 Days without dumb question

Is it possible to use map channel id with ksEditor ?
upload_2017-6-27_22-10-25.png

Say for example i have one texture unwrap for shadow (id=1) et and i have a tiny normal map for bump with a uvw map (id=2)
upload_2017-6-27_22-10-32.png

simple example could be solved with textures details on some materials ok...

But id's ?

2̶0̶ ̶D̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶d̶u̶m̶b̶ ̶q̶u̶e̶s̶t̶i̶o̶n̶
0 Days without dumb question

Is it possible to use map channel id with ksEditor ?
View attachment 198709
Say for example i have one texture unwrap for shadow (id=1) et and i have a tiny normal map for bump with a uvw map (id=2)
View attachment 198710
simple example could be solved with textures details on some materials ok...

But id's ?
I dont think so man ,
:)

thanks
shame...
So how do you do, for a situation where you have a large map needing AO baking (all interior leather/clothe) and also needing a tiny leather normal map ? (AO is 2048 but i don't want my normal map to also be 2048 with the map copy/paste/tilable...)

thanks
shame...
So how do you do, for a situation where you have a large map needing AO baking (all interior leather/clothe) and also needing a tiny leather normal map ? (AO is 2048 but i don't want my normal map to also be 2048 with the map copy/paste/tilable...)
ksperpixel_nm_uvmult or something like that lets you tile the normal and diffuse separately.

Last edited:
thanks
shame...

If I understand correctly, that's essentially how the Kunos cars are set up, aren't they? The detail map is a small tileable image while the diffuse (AO) is a larger one.

IIRC the detail texture uses the same UV coordinates as the other texture, but is scaled differently.

{edit out}
after 2 hours of searching.
it was answer a/ i'm stupid
There is a line in driver3D.ini which contains a magic line
INVERT_SHIFTING_HANDS=0 if LHD
INVERT_SHIFTING_HANDS=1 if RHD

good damn...

but yeah... **** this guy
upload_2017-7-12_20-52-26.png

Last edited:
This thread should be my home, but it is first time I'm giving you, a stupid question here :/ been too stupid before, and have been asking at other places.

My stupid question is about track modding:

Can I make a penalty to kick in as soon as one wheel touches the surface of non valid surface, all four wheels doesn't work for me very well (tire chicane).

Tire bariers which works like wall is not very immersive.

Hi, I usually work on extra cameras for A2B tracks, mountain pass, etc, and I always doubt from where to start and if I would need to do the pits AI lane as well, since most of the a2b tracks are not created for racing with the AI but it needs the fast_lane.ai to create the cameras.
So in this case should I start from the pits? or should I start from the starting point and then do a pitlane.ai because right know i'm having an issue with a track layout , the pits are on top and there's a hairpin and the the start line and I get this wrong way sign
4Px3oLL.png

This is the where I started the Ai lane and the arrow is where the pits are
4IOGd6f.jpg

thanks in advance for any comment

Last edited:
I just re did the fast_lane.ai file. It would be great to have a software/app that could work like the subtiltle editors, that feature that shifts the time x seconds backwards or forward, the same could be made with the cameras IN/OUT points.
I just did it manually, did the new ai file, the difference from the original starting point was 0.031 (on the spline) so I just added that to out points and it works fine. I think it's faster than re positining all the camera points, and if someone manages to code a program, it would much easier I guess.
Or is it just really dumb what I'm thinking? (not gonna be mad if you say it)

Edit: it seems it just doesn't work :(

Last edited:
IDK about A to B tracks, I would check Trento for refference.

I have rather stupid question about tracks modding - terrain map painting. Do I have to buy some kind of gear to do that properly ? Because it seems to be impossible to paint nicely with the mouse. And I'd like to paint with care. I use Blender.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back