F1 2013 The Demolition Derby game - Grosjean vs Maldonado

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
Welcome to the Demolition Derby game. To celebrate the joining of the two drivers who've gained a reputation at Lotus for 2014, this tongue-in-cheek game will test your mettle, and the strength of your carbon fibre :roflmao:.

What you need
  • F1 2013 on any console or PC.
  • The 1980's classic content.
  • A way of taking and uploading screenshots (Imgur or Photobucket will do nicely).
  • A way of recording short videos (The free version Fraps will do on PC, or a video camera filming the screen if not).
How it works
There will be 7 different challenges set on the game. I will explain what you need to do for them all and the settings you need. Each challenge will have a certain aim to achieve at a certain track. You will score points depending on your results in each challenge.

What to do first
If you have all the stuff in the "What you need" section, you are almost there. Your control settings can be what ever you want. You can adjust the driving assists as much as you like, but penalties need to be on Corner Cutting Only, and damage simulation should be on Full.

Lastly, you need to choose a side: Romain Grosjean or Pastor Maldonado. You will use this driver for the whole time. It doesn't affect your performance if you choose a slower car, it's just for fun There will be an overall leaderboard, and a separate one for each driver.

Well, beginning the challenge with "classic F1 game crash" and having a classic car as a pictures and writing "any session you want" conflicts with the rest of the written requirements. So no: It was anything but clear. Too much space for misinterpretation and getting confused.
Now we know it:

No classic - 2013 driver (MAL / GRO)
Light Cloudy
Grand Prix
Full Damage
Nurburgring

alright then, back to work
In a chat I had with Jimlaad43, I said all the same things ;)

Well, I did submit a video now but I'd like to share two screens when I was listening to "Taio Cruz - Higher"
t9b6d6v2.jpg

enwtlp37.jpg

:D

Yeah, but this game is a bit bugged. When I stand at the same position backwards the track. Sometimes I can see the cars coming, mostly I can't. So crashing from the wrong side onto someone's car needs freakin' luck and I gave up trying that, so I did something else - more ordinary :D
P.S.: The 1st screen is a different jump but same car, same track, same wrong way :D

The Jumpurgring Results
ParkYongLee came into the game with a bang, scoring victory with a spectacular crash. Jimlaad43 took the lead of the championship, after his backflip followed by a long roof grind scored just enough to overturn Manolis Sigoulakis' rather tame roll. Milos Ancevski was a close second after flying and then bouncing off Adrian Sutil.
demoderb6.jpg

Me 2nd?? YEAH!!!
Btw how did he lose both wheels with that impact?
That's a question I asked myself, too. Looks like the other wheel crashed into the camera ... totally weird. I was just happy, the accident worked like I wanted.
Before I had submitted two scenarios as screenshots but the submitted version was a mix of both, while having Grosjean involved :D
I also tried to fly in the wrong way to him but I always landed just before or behind him.

Wets in the Dry
You thought dries in the wet was hard, wait until you try this. Load up a Long Weekend Grand Prix with your driver in Clear weather at Malaysia. Put the wet tyres on, and set the fastest time you can in practice. I only need a screenshot showing the time you just set and the tyres you're on. Reference round 4 for an example picture.
dd7.jpg

Last edited:
Wets in the Dry
You thought dries in the wet was hard, wait until you try this. Load up a Long Weekend Grand Prix with your driver in Clear weather. Put the wet tyres on, and set the fastest time you can in practice. I only need a screenshot showing the time you just set and the tyres you're on. Reference round 4 for an example picture.
View attachment 52169
Which circuit?
Modern cars? GP Mode, Long weekend, dry weather (just checking)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 349 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%