1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Crew

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Pär Öqvist, Sep 16, 2016.

1. A lot of people seem to just pass this over. That there is no section for it here is kind of symbolic it´s not a small budget title afterall.

It´s free this month on uplay. Bear in mind though you may want to get Wild run which is not included.

What I seen so far is a mixed bag. The driving model felt really sub par however my 370z does get better and better with the upgrades which is cool. Still I doubt it will ever be up with my top top 5 arcade physics titles but this is very subjective of course.

It supports at least 4 separate usb devices probably more! You can map every single button can´t complain about the controller support. This helps to overlook the driving physics as when using my gear as long as I don´t try to stay within the limits it does feel good to just cruise around and is certainly more rewarding then a stock TX. This game screams for an H-shifter.

The map is absolutely humongous entire US is simulated. Not 1:1 scale but you surely have to spend several hours going from coast to coast I recon. The competitions is not the most inspiring but it falls into the same category as Euro Truck Simulator 2 for me. You can just relax with it and you can really go places ;)

I just have three big gripes with it. The camera. They have some "look to apex" camera that is very aggressive and sometimes almost cause motion sickness. I read it does have TrackIR support hopefully this remove this feature! And TrackIR support by itself is huge.

Also due to all the streaming required it don´t run all that smooth. A bit like Euro Truck Simulator 2 but that title have slower cars so it is not quite as noticable as in the Crew. I was lowering setting after setting until I realized it didn´t matter.

Third epic rubber banding. Did a race performed very badly but I had a sold 3 second lead with only straights left. But the rubber band gave the AI some 80 km/h top speed advantage or something and I wasn´t behind long enough to reovertake. I could add stupid AI but AI is stupid by definition just more or less so it feels tiresome to bring that up. But AI in midnight club LA and FH 2 is genious in comparison :)

Surely recommend checking it out if you want something to relax with.