• "My mind is always racing." - Justin Bieber
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

The Crew 2 Coming March 2018, New Gameplay Trailer Released

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +11,940
    The Crew 2 Trailer 3.jpg
    Ubisoft have confirmed 'The Crew 2' will release Q1 2018, and have released a new trailer of this interesting new racing title.

Designed and built by big budget development studio Ubisoft, the imaginatively titled The Crew 2 looks set to be visually spectacular and diverse open world arcade racing title for both console and PC platforms. Making use of vehicles on both road, sea and air, The Crew 2 looks likely to be a considerable expansion over the initially troubled and latterly rather popular Crew game.

Released as part of the 2017 Gamescom video game event, The Crew 2 has been pretty much flown under the radar since its announcement back in May. With pre-orders now open for the standard (£44.99), Delux (£54.99) and Gold (£74.99) editions of the game and the hype train starting to begin over at Gamescom, more details have emerged about this curious arcade racer.

Set in American open world environment 'Motornation', and using a wide variety of land, sea and air vehicles alongside one or two real world racing locations thrown in to boot, The Crew 2 visually and content wise certainly looks up to the task of taking on both its predecessor and rival arcade racing games such as Need for Speed and the recently confirmed World Of Speed, throwing into the mix an interesting mash up of different driving / flying models and expansive storyline modes, this could well be one of the surprise hits of 2018 when it launches on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC March next year.

The developers claim the new title will offer "action-packed playground built within an entire open world America and designed for all motorsports. From coast to coast, four motorsports families gather: Street Racing, Off-Road, Pro Racing, and Freestyle. Join them in high-octane contests and put your skills to the test in each family’s set of disciplines, featuring all kinds of cars, bikes, boats, and planes" whilst allowing players to "seamlessly" switch between the different driving modes within the title.

You can pre-order The Crew 2 from the Ubisoft Store now.

The Crew 2 will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC on March 16th 2018.

The Crew 2 Trailer 2.jpg The Crew 2 Trailer.jpg The Crew 2 Trailer 4.jpg

For more news and discussions around the upcoming The Crew 2, head over to the 'Other Racing Games' sub forum here at RaceDepartment and join in with your fellow community members as we await more news of the game.

Like the look of The Crew 2? Would you consider purchasing the game once it releases next year? Enjoyed the trailer? Let us know your opinions below!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Chobonator

Chobonator

Ratings:
    +112
    I hoped they changed engines, because the first one was blurry AF.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pywackett-Barchetta

Pywackett-Barchetta

Ratings:
    +66
    I'm very much glad for the change in tone here to something brighter and exuberant, 90's arcade style, instead of unfittingly grimdark. That being said, I'm not sure the sea and air appeal to me and there's still zero chance of me roping my friends into any sort of racing MMO (I genuinely could not get a single person to try the first The Crew when it was completely free), so I'm not sure I can personally get any mileage from it, but I do hope it lives up to being something pure and joyful and fun.

4. Newproto

Newproto

Ratings:
    +143
    This is some kind of dream addict. :confused:

5. darkelf1

darkelf1

Ratings:
    +45
    Yeah, very cool game, love the massive map and all these kinds of races....:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    No other race games did this before.

6. @apocapollo

@apocapollo

Ratings:
    +72
    Yeah, this looks like a massive improvement over The Crew 1. God I hated that game, even though I played through all of it.

Everyone I've spoken to that had an appointment with Ubisoft at E3 said this is massively better than the first one.

I'll remind everyone that Watch_Dogs 1 was a mess but Watch_Dogs 2 was actually a very good game that unfortunately sold poorly because of the tainted franchise it was attached to.

7. Mr Latte

Mr Latte
    Premium

Ratings:
    +283
    A game that looks, well actually quite FUN

8. Abe Dekok

Abe Dekok

Ratings:
    +5
    With Forza out of the question for me, this or NFS:payback are quite tempting to mill about in