The Crazy Russians did it...997 GT3 RSR and COTA

Hi slightly new to the forums as I just recently got AC. Used to play GTR2 and Race07 alot back in the day...more recently GT5 and GT6.

Did anyone see this!!! Released yesterday!!!

I'm in the process of checking it out...

Porsche 997 GT3 RSR

<Mod Edit: Link removed for breach of terms of service>
  • Do not hotlink, post, attach, or upload other peoples content unless you have permission to do so. See our Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy for more information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Use the Forza interior models as reference! It's pretty correct if you look back in the images. The only thing different is the Forza model has paddle shifters which depending on ACO and series spec, they have them.

If yo wanted to get extra credit you can have 2 models, one for GTLeMans Class and one for GT Daytona Class. One class I believe doesn't allow paddle shifters, one does if I got it right. So interior would depend on having an actual shift knob and usage compared to paddles.

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, still haven't found the ACO rules for those classes...and at work at moment.)

Please share it, considering your friends have made the physics, instead of Turn 10!
They have the copyright over the car model, but not over your physics.
I think uploading the whole car here should not happen though. I will keep using this one until something scratch made shows up.
He doesn't have permission to share those either ;)

I happen to "know" the "people" who did those physics and they strictly said to keep them private.

The porsche doesn't even sound like a porsche, what crap is this.

Sounds are over 7years old, give it a break, you were 14 then...lol If you see credits came from GTR2. Also there's a strong difference from a street version and race Porsche and hearing it on the outside then inside. Watch some videos of a Type R or RSR and they are pretty decent and close.

Sounds are over 7years old, give it a break, you were 14 then...lol If you see credits came from GTR2. Also there's a strong difference from a street version and race Porsche and hearing it on the outside then inside. Watch some videos of a Type R or RSR and they are pretty decent and close.
Well I've heard plenty of Porsche GT3's on the outside to know how one sounds like lol :p (and a few on the inside but no RSR of course)

But ok, didn't know the sounds were that old already!

OK, just one of the modders' opinion,
I don't agree a lot on Ripping content (especially) but there are still gray areas on this.

Actually I was using the EA model as a blueprint reference in my GT3R model(13' bodykit not pre-'12 bodykit, i.e. exterior can only be make from scratch) as there was no GT3R 2013 blueprint and has to make it on my own. I use that model just to make sure the dimension of parts are right.

The same applied to interior, I might consider that EA model in until someone can finish the interior suitable for the AC.

I agree on this, if you use existing model as a reference mesh but do not directly copy it, it's yours. The line on that is very grey as there is no way in hell to anyone to claim it wasn't modeled by you, since it was. But in any case, even then you can't use direct snapping to vertices as those can be interpreted as unique. And there is a lot of open material what to use, no one actually have to rip from existing licensed content. If the situation was different and even shaping with reference wouldn't be possible, i might think different. But since it is possible and it's not even that hard, lots of hours of repetitive shaping, direct ripping is a no no. Sometimes models we want don't have accurate blueprints available but you can find something really close already shaped, just model a new one basing that model as a reference.

If lower poly model was used as a reference, even better, IMHO. Increases the amount of decision when it comes to shaping, you need to use totally your own curves anyway. Direct vertice to vertice copy, even if done manually, one by one, is not good enough transformation, it's still a copy, a conversion. Then is texturing, using your own textures instead of ripping them too etc.. After all that, there is no arguments whose model it is.

Getting around identical data on 3D meshes is easy, some finely calculated scaling back and forth may create enough noise that the coordinates change locations but that is also cheating. And simple humanbrain will judge it as copy also when directly compared so.. Low poly to high poly manually and we are so far in the artistic freedom and methods minefield that it doesn't matter anymore..

I think it can be compared to a painting, if you use existing one as a reference, at which point it becomes yours and what technics would you allow. Photocopying? Draw-thru? If person has honor, respect and enough balls, that comparison is pretty easy to figure out.. And in the final case, you can always buy models very very cheaply that you can use where-ever, how ever you want.. That's something i only recently have learned, to make something (modding, game creation..) you can buy pretty much any parts for it and use your compiling skills to stitch them together.. You can go so far that you don't do actual modelling at all but modifying existing meshes is still pretty much required.. So if you really want to help the community as a whole, you can..

Last edited:
Can someone close this thread, please? I don't want to know or see anything about shitty pirated crap conversions.

No, this has turned out to be very good discussion abut modding and those limits we have to set to our selves. Like you have, you don't want to even see illegal content. neither do we but if it was purely black&white issue it would be so. But it isn't, it's very grey indeed with no definitive line. Personally, i would think that mods that are unsupported, author can not be contacted, they are open for upgrades and conversions. But this is not accepted line (i have about 35 track fixes in my storage waiting for such a chance but i don't want to upload them as i don't want credit for it, at all, i just want working tracks for everybody...

ALL of them are conversion jobs.. all 35 of them, most are even the most popular versions. shoddy conversions, untested, example: hungaroring 2011: max vehicles set to 20, there is at least 45 gridslots defined. Estimated time to find it in test: as soon as your game is launched and track is put in race mode, in the race mode configuration screen before you even load the track itself. Or reading thru .GDB file once. Estimated time to fix: 10 seconds..... And yes, those 35 are only for Race07. Like monaco2007, nine flags are burid inside the grandstand, when 6m in X-axis move is applied: thy line up the road and provide a braking point reference that is sorely missing from that location.. cheesh... simple mistakes like that.)

as snoopy said: 'I cant copy it.. but no one says I cant look at it' referring to comparing his nords layout with a more accurate version from another game :). .. and using it as a reference

Perfect example. And it can (should) be mentioned in the credits, to honor the original modeller.

There is one community that is often forgotten: those who do models for rendering photorealistic scenes. They have models and a lot of them are really good, at par with top gaming companies quality. I know personally few that sell models as low as 25$, they are perfect for references and even directly in releases (i think release/full rights prices were around 40$). So it's not like it super pricey to just buy.. Few friends and fiver per head, that's not much and it benefits us all then.. And you get respect and admiration from everyone, that's gotta be good karma too?

Last edited:
Exactly Kennett, with all these fancy HD photo-mode meshes available there is no reason people can't just retopo over the top of it if they are so lazy they can't just do the prints/photo reference route, or harder still a spline cage/photo-matching etc.

Cripes, many content authors today will just retopo over a CAD meshed model from the manufacturer any way.

Or even still, I swear some of the F4 meshes for photo-mode I've looked at look straight out of a CAD mesher and not some artist created model.

Ie, M5 V8 biturbo, the steering wheel doesn't have mesh symmetry nor does it actually mirror with symmetry. There is no way that is from anywhere but direct from a mesher in my view at least.

Right in the end all that matters is the end product. As long as you don't just copy/paste the base mesh/textures you're good to go in my view.

All I ask is that if you DO copy/paste the base mesh, is that you put in some decent effort on the rest of the parts.

As per flocked dash tops, I thought it was fairly common to matte the dashboards, or at least make sure they are not glossy? That Porsche in the pit garage isn't like a mirror finish dash top, it's got a sheen but nothing like the one in the video which would dazzle any normal driver any time they were heading into the sun!

Yes race cars are rough and ready, but they have to be functional. If a dash board really was that shiny I'm sure a race engineer would just sand paper it rough so it wasn't so glaring :)

Dave

Personally, i would think that mods that are unsupported, author can not be contacted, they are open for upgrades and conversions. But this is not accepted line (i have about 35 track fixes in my storage waiting for such a chance but i don't want to upload them as i don't want credit for it, at all, i just want working tracks for everybody...

I just say as long as the original author is respected and all good efforts have been made to contact initially, then fair game.

I can't imagine one good modder who actually goes to the effort to make something original and all the hard work it entails, would actually try stop more people enjoying their content in their absence in the future.

The only issue is when r-tards use your content and give no kudos/credit.

Dave

• Deleted member 950

I agree on this, if you use existing model as a reference mesh but do not directly copy it, it's yours. The line on that is very grey as there is no way in hell to anyone to claim it wasn't modeled by you, since it was. But in any case, even then you can't use direct snapping to vertices as those can be interpreted as unique..
But my case even not involve vertices or model itself, only images.

What I have done is snapping JPG images for four sides of that ripped model, then using it as a guild line to redraw a Porsche 2013 GT3R blueprint on my own, and build a scratch model from that blueprint.(Actually I did tried just use photos but missing the top so I ended up creating on my own).

This is one of my recent WIPs (after I discharged from hospital), you will see basically is modeling something completely different on my own.

Example.jpg

Additional Notes:
For anyone don't know, this is a part of my blueprint. Based on EA but you can see many differences from the original EA model. If you see the actual (The Japanese did took many 2013 version's GT3R high-res photo mainly due to this car below, but not before I finished the blueprint.
Example.jpg

BrL_CyYCAAE47XZ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone close this thread, please? I don't want to know or see anything about shitty pirated crap conversions.

1) Won't happen, as said a page back.

2) True, this car is ripped from Forza. But is that something new?
I've seen those for years already. Better get used to the fact they will appear on the internet now and then.
Also this one is far from shitty and crap, only physics are a bit wonky at times. No graphical glitches, reasonable sounds and working lights. The guy who converted this posted an update with physics improvements as well.

To be clear: I prefer scratch content as well (Alan W. Shinka is doing a very nice job here). But for me this is a nice placeholder until something scratch appears.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 950

1) Won't happen, as said a page back.

2) True, this car is ripped from Forza. But is that something new?
I've seen those for years already. Better get used to the fact they will appear on the internet now and then.
Also this one is far from shitty and crap, only physics are a bit wonky at times. No graphical glitches, reasonable sounds and working lights. The guy who converted this posted an update with physics improvements as well.

To be clear: I prefer scratch content as well (Alan W. Shinka is doing a very nice job here). But for me this is a nice placeholder until something scratch appears.
Don't praise me yet, I will still use EA cockpit as alternative before someone can remake a AC style cockpit for this car (I won't release this until everything is ready). Just like the AE86 in rfactor, there was a stage that EA cockpit was used before a full scratch. I'm not strong at making interiors.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 347 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.4%