Just installed "TheBrakeMod" into my T3PA Pro pedals and removed Thrustmasters Conical Brake Mod.

Purchased here http://www.thebrakemod.com
Only $22.50 CAD incuding shipping!

Looking at the mod from the pictures on the site above, it looks like the same damn conical brake mod from Thrustmaster or you could even pick one up online for like $15-20 less.

But after trying it out, I confirm its a HUGE upgrade over the conical brake mod from Thrustmaster! The two mods look different in person.

Thustmaster conical brake mod is far to stiff! Screwing it in all the way and mounting the bracket directly right behind the brake pedal will result in "stepping on solid rock!" So I had to sacrifice, mounting the bracket further from the brake pedal, and using more "distance memory" rather than pure "muscle memory." This is not ideal, and I forced myself to get used to it.

With "TheBrakeMod" installed, it is like night and day compared to Thrustmasters' own.

I have the bracket mounted right behind the brake pedal and thebrakemod screwed tightly all the way in. With every depress of the brake pedal, I am hitting the rubber 100%! I am braking with much more control. My brake pedal finally has solid progression to it and doesn't feel like a rock. I can apply as little or as much brake pressure as I need to without thinking about it, and focus on making the turn. Feels much more natual.

I highly recommend this mod. I personally cannot justify spending almost the total value of my pedals on a load cell brake mod. I can only imagine that this is as close as I can get to a load cell.

Just installed "TheBrakeMod" into my T3PA Pro pedals and removed Thrustmasters Conical Brake Mod.

Purchased here http://www.thebrakemod.com
Only $22.50 CAD incuding shipping!

Looking at the mod from the pictures on the site above, it looks like the same damn conical brake mod from Thrustmaster or you could even pick one up online for like $15-20 less.

But after trying it out, I confirm its a HUGE upgrade over the conical brake mod from Thrustmaster! The two mods look different in person.

Thustmaster conical brake mod is far to stiff! Screwing it in all the way and mounting the bracket directly right behind the brake pedal will result in "stepping on solid rock!" So I had to sacrifice, mounting the bracket further from the brake pedal, and using more "distance memory" rather than pure "muscle memory." This is not ideal, and I forced myself to get used to it.

With "TheBrakeMod" installed, it is like night and day compared to Thrustmasters' own.

I have the bracket mounted right behind the brake pedal and thebrakemod screwed tightly all the way in. With every depress of the brake pedal, I am hitting the rubber 100%! I am braking with much more control. My brake pedal finally has solid progression to it and doesn't feel like a rock. I can apply as little or as much brake pressure as I need to without thinking about it, and focus on making the turn. Feels much more natual.

I highly recommend this mod. I personally cannot justify spending almost the total value of my pedals on a load cell brake mod. I can only imagine that this is as close as I can get to a load cell.
Thanks for the review. Can you post some pics maybe? How the mod itself looks installed, what's the gap and max travel like? Made me curious, might jump on the train as well. :thumbsup:

P.S.: Crap, I just noticed it's for the Pro... Does anyone know if the rubber part fits the standard T3PA conical mod console?

Upvote 0
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36894-T3PA-pedals-for-TX/page6

@PicoBp see link above. If you scroll down a bit, you'll see a picture of the standard T3PA pedals with Thrustmasters conical brake mod installed. The person who posted that photo used some kind of metal bar modification to mount the brake mod onto it. Then mounted the metal bar onto the pedals inside the plastic pedal housing. They didn't explain how they did it though. But that metal bar looks identical to the Bodin Load Cell Brake mod.
So I guess its possible.

I'm glad you liked the mini review. I will post some pics hopefully today of it installed. But heres a pic i took when I first got it a few days ago. Sorry for the lack of light. I was busy that day but wanted to take a quick pic, however Icouldn't find the remote control for my bedroom lights

Thrustmaster brake mod on the left. TheBrakeMod on the right
20170418_163120-1.jpg

Upvote 0
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36894-T3PA-pedals-for-TX/page6

@PicoBp see link above. If you scroll down a bit, you'll see a picture of the standard T3PA pedals with Thrustmasters conical brake mod installed. The person who posted that photo used some kind of metal bar modification to mount the brake mod onto it. Then mounted the metal bar onto the pedals inside the plastic pedal housing. They didn't explain how they did it though. But that metal bar looks identical to the Bodin Load Cell Brake mod.
So I guess its possible.

I'm glad you liked the mini review. I will post some pics hopefully today of it installed. But heres a pic i took when I first got it a few days ago. Sorry for the lack of light. I was busy that day but wanted to take a quick pic, however Icouldn't find the remote control for my bedroom lights

Thrustmaster brake mod on the left. TheBrakeMod on the right
View attachment 187140
Unfortunately in the link is the one that comes stock with the T3PA. Thanks though.

Upvote 0
Yep, the factory TM one. It's probably the same as what comes with the Pro, just with a different mounting solution. Stiff and short, the description and that snapshot fits. So in theory thebrakemod might work, but I'm not in the mood of risking it without any positive feedback. :/

Upvote 0
Are your pedals still under warranty??? If so, then its a tuff call...

Hopefully someone here can shed some light into how to use the conical brake mod with the stsndard t3pa pedals. The guy did it in the limk above, but like you said, feedback would be greatly appreciated and very useful info

Upvote 0
The guy used the sto
Are your pedals still under warranty??? If so, then its a tuff call...

Hopefully someone here can shed some light into how to use the conical brake mod with the stsndard t3pa pedals. The guy did it in the limk above, but like you said, feedback would be greatly appreciated and very useful info
As I wrote, the guy in the link used the stock one, it comes with the T3PA in the package (bracket and conical rubber). I'm looking at thebrakemod as a possible alternative, but there's not enough info to know if the metrics and setup angle work with the standard T3PA at all.

Here's a photo of my pedals with the TM stock conical mod:

CejyKFl.jpg

Upvote 0
Ok... Got ya.... My suggestion is to email the guy that sells TheBrakeMod. He's been selling them for at least a couple years, so I'm sure he ran into a customer with your situation.

Upvote 0
I emailed them and got this reply:

Hi,
This mod will not work well with the standard T3PA pedals as they are larger than the standard mod and there is no adjustment available on the standard pedals to compensate for this. We are working on a version for the standard pedals that will come with an additional bracket. I have been using a prototype version on one of my own rigs for a while now and they work very well however we have not yet pull tested all the possible grades of rubber. Once we have done that we will be able to finalise the production versions and get some produced, hopefully in late January/early February.

Regards,

John

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back