The biggest joke ever in Formula 1.

http://force1usa.com/

56 year old guy, wants to build an F1 team. Sounds bit optimistic but not unrealistic.

Has plans to be the other driver....ok now things start to get weird. Yes he´s 56 and plans to take one of the seats.
Some quotes from his site, i laughed so hard at some of these...

As stated previously, I lead the list of people who know that my vision for an American-based F1 team (that is capable of winning), is an almost “impossible” assignment. Actually through my own efforts it is (financially) impossible, but with God all things are possible.
Great....this GOD thing again... when teams goes bad, let´s pray...

There are too many F1 fans in the UK who are violently opposed to any effort to start a United States Formula 1 team. Rather than being “threatened” by the idea, they should be encouraging the effort, and the additional competition.being added to F1.
Maybe in your head.

Top Fuel Drag Boats…NO….Won’t accept any offer to drive. I had a bad premonition about this motorsport.
Will driver anything except those. He will "turn down the offer"................................

...Everything from incredibly naive F1 fans that think that F1 drivers are hard working,
Thinks F1 drivers are lazy. Remember he´s 56 years old.

I think the thing that is drawing so many negative comments from the United Kingdom, (and positive feedback from from American F1 supporters), is the fact that if I start an F1 team, and especially if I end up racing Formula 1 (with my projected success), that it will crush the “mystique” surrounding Formula 1 racing. This, along with the fact that people are very jealous and envious…that’s the bottom line. No one wants to see anyone else succeed if it is not going to benefit them in some way. Sad, but true.
Some more lala-land stuff.

There is NO WAY any F1 driver is as overall physically, or mentally tough as I am. That is not bragging, it is just fact.
As i said, he´s 56 years old.

The so-called liabilities concerning racing an F1 car, and creating an American F1 team that is capable of winning, are actually all assets…if you have insight and know how to look at the situation with the right perspective…All 5 non-typical F1 driver characteristics will draw a tremendous amount of attention to the F1 team ( I am not looking to draw any attention to myself). Isn’t a sponsor most concerned with drawing attention to their brand ? My “non typical F1 driver assets are; My Age (currently 56), My lack of F1 driver “seat time“. …….My lack of money (which is the only factor that does not allow for seat time). I am definitely not a member of the elitist jet set. If you grew up the way that I did, (compared to F1 drivers), it’s called building character. There is NO WAY any F1 driver is as overall physically, or mentally tough as I am. That is not bragging, it is just fact. My Physical Size. I am definitely not the typical size of a jockey…oops, I mean F1 driver. I Completely “ripped” nothing but muscle and bone, I would still be 185-190 Lbs…and number 5 is the fact that I am an American, The problem isn’t the logistics of being in the United States, it is funding. Just like the movie, “if you build it they will come” , and building it takes immediate funding and long term financial commitment. The best way to build an American F1 fan base is to have a working-class F1 driver who has worked at real jobs their entire life (just like them), and is now in the big leagues. You don’t build a good fan base by having an F1 “cookie cutter” driver who was born with a silver spoon in their mouth, and has been given everything in life, never had to work just to live, and has no idea what a real job is. I can’t put them down for it, it’s just the fact about F1 drivers.
I don´t even know what to say....

I believe that it is possible that the USF1 team was allowed into Formula 1 because the Formula 1 organization knew that they would fail…and fail they did…who in their right mind would even entertain the thought of having either Danica Patrick or Scott Speed as their primary F1 driver ??? Both Scott Speed and Danica Patrick have had everything handed to them on a silver platter in the motorsports world, and they still can’t do crap.
Here i started to realize that the guy is dement.

He´s dissing Scott Speed, Danica Patrick and says things like "who in their right mind.."
But thinks signing himself as an F1 driver while hitting 60 years soon is a good idea.

There is NO WAY any F1 driver is as overall physically, or mentally tough as I am. That is not bragging, it is just fact.
Lol that joke isn't even possible physically, haha

But bring him on with his team. Always fun to have such people in Formula One. At least he is an outspoken character. Something Formula 1 really lacks.

Rumors say that a certain Bernie E. will be the second driver of the team.

bernie-f1-stars-final-566x620.jpg

Don't really understand knocking the guy because he believes in God, but that aside, I don't understand this fellow either. He wants to crush the mystique surrounding F1... says that F1 drivers don't work hard... okay. He just sounds like some dude that watched a race once on TV and thinks he can do it because it looks easy.

Shame.

Everyone can believe in what they want but you do not incorporate a fictional character as some form of backing if stuff goes wrong.

"With GOD everything is possible" will not work when applying for money.

Hampus, I get where you're coming from, but if that's how he wants to approach sponsors, then let him. Like I said, I just don't see the need to go jumping down his back for something like that.

I'm not going to get too far into this, as I know this is a sensitive subject, but there were dozans and dozans of claims this guy made on his website--many much more relavent to this topic than his mentioning of God--yet that's the very first one you quote. All I'm saying, for a fictional character, He seems to have quite an effect on you.

"With GOD everything is possible" will not work when applying for money.
In (certain parts of) the US, it just might :rolleyes:

I'd also like to point out that faith and a high technology sport like F1 do not not necessarily have to be mutually exclusive. Just think of Senna or Massa.

All I'm saying, for a fictional character, He seems to have quite an effect on you.
My fingers are itching to comment on that one, but I'm going to steer clear of it one since it won't lead to anything anyway :p

I'm not going to get too far into this, as I know this is a sensitive subject, but there were dozans and dozans of claims this guy made on his website--many much more relavent to this topic than his mentioning of God--yet that's the very first one you quote. All I'm saying, for a fictional character, He seems to have quite an effect on you.
Yes i know it might seem like it but that was more coincidence then a conscious move how hard that might be to believe from me a.k.a Judas :)

Interesting how you reacted as well. One quote was about God and you reacted on that.
Should i exclude it just because some might get offended?

In (certain parts of) the US, it just might :rolleyes:

I'd also like to point out that faith and a high technology sport like F1 do not not necessarily have to be mutually exclusive. Just think of Senna or Massa.
Yea i know, but America is slightly different then the rest of the world :)
We don´t have our prime minister saying god put him there nor do we have the words "in god we trust" printed on our money.

Yea sure i know Senna and some other were religious, but i have yet to this day seen anyone build a company with God as a form of backup when **** goes wrong.
Senna would be an example of that actually.

"It is very naive to think that F1 drivers are anything but the "privileged elite" born with a silver spoon in their mouth""

He cannot have heard about Hamilton for example. The only reason (apart from his talent) Hamilton is in F1 is thanks to his father and family.
Working something like three jobs to pay for everything.

I can´t even imagine how it was for guys like Alonso who really had to fight to get into F1.

I really really want to see that guy drive in F1. Typical American ignorance, and besides, the best part will be if he finishes behind Karthikeyan. (If he actually finishes a race)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%