The Big RACE Freeze Thread

Regular freezing for me as well using a 8800GT. Have tried quite a few drivers and also did a clean re-install to 175.16 drivers last week and still have the problem.

I was using an ATI X1900 card before the 8800GT and I don't remember having any hard lock up's like I get now.

• Fran Gil

Hello, just have seen this thread now. Asus 8800 GT 512 Mb here and yes, several freezes since I own this card (December 2007), 3 or 4 freezes. In my old PC I had this problem too, with an old nVidia card (series 6). It's frustrating when you're in a race. Thanks for the poll Marcel, I hope this will be useful ;)

I've experienced the occasional freeze, it seams to be more frequent now than in the past. I haven't changed anything in my configuration except XP SP3 and change of nVidia drivers. I'm using a 8800GTX with the 175.16 drivers. Fortunately none of my freezes has been during a online race... crossing my fingers...

I've started to consider it to be a Steam issue as the freezes generally has happened during update periods. I think it might be that the Steam client hangs during the connection to the Valve servers.

Kind regards,
Karl

Freezes

Yesterday my game started to freeze in every 10 minutes, freeizng flickering pic, sound loop, usual stuff, later already i could not start up the game, same symptoms appeared at the opening movie, everytime hard reboot, after it already did the same at Windows start up, same flickering screen, already at boot the pic was full with small white dots.... Windows could not even start up after a while, during booting blue death.....

Reason seems was that one of my 8800 Ultra out of the 2 gave up, stg went total caput inside, i had to remove and use just the other one, no any problems so far after.... damn it was expensive excercise...

Still i am not sure everything is ok with the PC, with another words i am sure still not, since also now i continuously recieve a Windows error message at shutdown (well, 8 times out of 10 shutdown, rest 2 no messages), stg like unkown excpetion problem at 0*0000E...stg... any idea what can it be? If needed later i can record the exact text, it seems to be the same details every time. I recieved it already with the 2 graphic cards, and still with only one now i get the same.

Hey Atti,

Sorry to hear about your GFX card they aint cheap.

The stop code from the blue screen might be helpfull. It will probably after a search of google or the microsoft technet site reveal the source of the issue or at least give you some pointers as to what it could be.

Post the info and with a whole community looking im sure well find something.

The error message is coming just simply during shutdown, no blue screen nothing, and when i click on it OK, then it shuts down the PC as it should normally. I will write down the exact failure message then, maybe someone can help to sort it out why it is coming. thanks in advance! :)

Nvidia software there is already no possibility to select SLi mode, but in Bios, maybe SLi is still enabled, this i did not change.... i will check, thanks.

In this case why i had the same error message with the 2 cards inside the PC, and SLi enabled in Nvidia software and Bios? Can it be that 1 card already was not working?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 237 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 297 13.3%