1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Big Meet and Race Thread

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Dave Flower, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Posting to ask what has happened to this thread? Its still there, but is now locked so we can't post to say were racing. Shame because a lot of us would get together on the servers and on Teamspeak when that thread was active. I know its led to me getting to know some people from RD a lot better and even though we would often be racing on Non-RD servers the result has been that we meet in TS and race together on BOTH RD and non-RD servers far more often. I know RD want us on their servers and maybe thats why the Old thread has been locked, thats fine if RD was ONLY a server, but RD is a community and WHEREVER were racing its that sense of community belonging and getting together that keeps our loyalties with RD..

RACEdepartment - thats what were here for - the clue is in the name RACE - I love the RD servers but I use RACE07 because I want to RACE - unfortunately for many of us we often want to RACE outside of the scheduled RD event times and since we cant vote RD Servers through to RACE outside of scheduled times that means many of us RACE Elsewhere - RACEing elsewhere does not however mean in anyway that we are going to leave and go elsewhere, just that we want to RACE rather than join RACEdepartment servers and do endless Practice Laps until an event starts.

Maybe I've not worded this so well, but I am sure that those for whom RD is, and always will be number 1, will know what I mean...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Well worded, true and true.. We wan't to have more RACEs and since this community kicks ass, we want RACE with these people more!

3. well said that man...

4. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Will get back on that shortly. Have to check on some things first.

5. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Hello, I was looking for a place to list that im online with my D/server. Not to advertise any other club/site that i might be on

6. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Sorry guys, due to some unforseen circumstances, I am not able to help until next year with that.

7. Meet n Race tonight for Licenced Members Only :

Mini Friday Zandvort - This is a club Event that is full and so RD have set up a second server if you look at the thread you will see that the reserves list is now a SECOND SERVER LIST - the event in SERVER 2 starts 1 Hour after the first event thread here :

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/mini-friday-zandvoort-friday-december-30-2011.44776/

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU JOIN THE CORRECT SERVER.

Second Server Name :

RACEDEPARTMENTCOM.MIN1

8. Ok another one now :
    Server Name : Aware Simracing Team
    Track : Alpine Hills (version 1.21)
    Cars : BMW Mini

Server will be up for at least 1.5 hours - feel free to join but clen and fair are a must

• Like Like x 1
  9. I'll join, of course;)

EDIT: it was fun guys, once again..

10. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Limerock fun anybody, American muscle cup...
    password same as RD
    closed...

11. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Limerock fun.. Various cars. ..
    Password same as RD
    looking for car combos that you wouldnt normally race
    closed

12. Fun Event test server up, track is this: http://Cream.Galleria.fi/RD/Tracks/Arena_1.2_by_CreamK.zip
    server name: srs fun event test

EDIT: Thanks Dave and Martin for testing... The Heaven, Purgatory and Hell concept is crazy, cars popping all over.. This will be fun with a bigger crowd.

13. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

me and Lars are on our way...
    GReat track with the lighting effects and weather

thanks Kennett on a loverly tour round the track... i really like it ....

14. For afterparties, i think all should have TS open... Don't need to use mic, the chat room offers a chance to co-ordinate things..

15. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

DTM 2008-2010 are great round Cicada Kennett, Great fun testing the track.. with 9 differential settings to play with..
    wtccXtreme very good fun
    GTPro cars very good fun..

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ok - a Saturday Afternoon Server to have a play on.

Server Name : Aware Simracing Team
    Car Class : STCC2010 AND Formula Masters
    Track : Road America
    This one will not be passworded unless we have problems with wreckers in which case it will be restarted with the RD Club Password.

Will be up from 13.30GMT to at least 16.00 GMT and possibly later - with different car/track combos (look for Aware Simracing Team) feel free to post suggestions for combos later on.

Edit : SERVER DOWN - Problem with People unable to Join so I've taken it down... Sorry will try to sort this when I have a litttle more time..

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

After hearing that if a skidrow( the malisious ones, not the ones who just want a free game) comes into the server he can get all our steam deails ....
    i would feel safer if it was passworded:) paranoid ....no ... i ve stopped going on open servers.....

18. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Rupe,

They do not "get your steam details". They just use them :)

The hack uses the credentials of others. It does not display them, or publish them to the use who has the hack installed. It's just a dirty way to play online, and save the massive ammount of 3 euros :)

19. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

.. If they enter a server with me in it..Can they use my details in another server....