1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

The best damn MX game ever made,...

Discussion in 'MXGP 3' started by Metla, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Metla

Metla

Ratings:
    +70
    Reviews seem thin on the ground, No doubt because of the staggered release.

Here's mine, Keen to hear from others.

The best damn MX game ever made. If you have an interest in dirt bike games then buying this should be a no brainer.

Now, I'm sure plenty of people can find plenty to dislike about it,People are like that. But I can't think of a better game in this genre, stretching back to MCM1 .

Personally I think the audio is not great, The graphics could be better, But the game play is solid, The bike reacts in a reasonable,consistent and logical manner and this allows for banging bars all around the track.Sure you can float jumps a little but you get rewarded for keeping her low and getting the back wheel hooked up in the dirt as soon as possible so there is more technique involved then just jump as far as you can and find a sweet spot to land.

Personally I prefer the big natural terrain tracks so the content for me is right on the money, Glen Helen is epic. First-person view is stunning, and the feel of opening her up and screaming down a straight with bikes inches away on either side as we all race to steal a single line through a corner is exhilarating.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  2. Chobonator

Chobonator

Ratings:
    +32
    So it has a bunch of problems, looks blurry, has slow AI, but we shouldn't point that out because that's being negative? Sounds like a game not even worth trying.

3. Metla

Metla

Ratings:
    +70
    If that's what you take from it, By all means look elsewhere.

Every product to ever hit the market has flaws.This one is no exception, The point was (as I'm sure you're intelligent enough to identify) That even if you concentrate on the negatives, this is still the best MX game on the market.

Personally I've only run the game in sim mode and I cant beat the harder settings of Ai.

4. Chobonator

Chobonator

Ratings:
    +32
    It's downloading now, so I hope the 2 hour window will be enough to make a decision.

5. Ekrc51

Ekrc51

Ratings:
    +0
    Saying it's the best MX game ever made isn't really saying much lol. I look at it like this.... if you aren't looking for something deep and realistic and just want an MX game to pass the time with MXGP 3 is good fun and far better than the MX vs ATV games ( unless you want SX tracks and ATVs)

But if you have Milestones previous MXGP games or looking for something the quality level of say Project Cars or Gran Turismo keep looking. The game is really flawed if you are looking for a realistic sim, lacking content that Milestone will charge you for (despite the fact it was included in the previous version), it's a year behind roster. AI that isn't player aware and has its own set of physics. Spotty online. Even the much hyped weather is bad. Every race it's the same pattern, rains heavy on one part of the track, slight one another and dry on the rest. Did Monster sponsor the weather? Cause what's up with the green rain? Lol

On the PS4 the switch to the Unreal Engine is worse than their own in house engine. It's insanely choppy. Audio as bad as ever....
    So no I don't think it's great but if you accept it for what it is and don't expect too much it can be fun

6. Ekrc51

Ekrc51

Ratings:
    +0
    Also not sure if this is PS4 only issue but for some reason you can't map the R1 button which is assigned to flashback. Why? Would have been nice to assign the clutch to that one but nope. Having the brakes,throttle and clutch assigned to the shutter buttons would have made playing manual transmission awesome. But since you can't map that r1 button I couldn't find a layout that made sense so I didn't even bother