Discussion in 'F1 2011 Setups' started by Toby Davis, Aug 30, 2011.

1. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Happiness is a full grid for Lap 2. Premium

Agreed its all on feel and lap time.
    I try to sense turn in to review front camber (also front ARB) . I find it quite easy to sense in game.
    For rear camber I monitor a) mid corner grip (any increase in oversteer when testing a change to rear camber indicating lack of rear grip) and b) Traction / accelleration out of corners. Lack thereof indicating too much rear camber. There is of course a tradeoff in these second two values (a and b). More rear camber will give you better mid corner grip but less accelleration. Its only your lap time that will tell you which trade off is netting you more time than the other is losing. But as an example at Spa with a higher number of fast corners a little more rear camber works well, at Monaco with constant need to accellerate from slow corners a little less rear camber seems to work.

2. Steve Greenwood

Steve Greenwood Licensed

Thanks David once again you've answered a question thats been puzzling me and in an easy to understand way, cheers

3. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld Passionate Volvo C30 driver Premium

4. Magrioteli

Magrioteli

Excellent work, Toby!
    Thanks for taking your time and sharing with all us!

Kudos man!

5. mouta21

mouta21

Mod-edit: please use english only

I am very dececionado with miebros forum menbers especially with graduates, there is hardly conparado with f12010 configurations, there are only four people inclullendome to me that since configurations in an almost all circuits, qe are lon3wolf, Jose Aranda and kyle.solo WITH THESE kyle is a miebro people graduate, kyle is the only one of the graduates miebros it has worked, the other member liceciados leave much to be desired. of these three and named the confuiguraciones including myself are not perfect, so those who use these settings should put the finishing touches that make or parts of these settings are good and that alterations made ​​to this setup is better.

6. punto gt turbo

punto gt turbo

hallow mouta 21....i have problem....i play online.....in the Q SESSION iam fast..but in the RACE iam slow....:( i dont have fast pace....what i must change in the SETUP????shorter gear ratio?????

7. Mark Greenall

Mark Greenall Licensed

Ah come the driver! Well drop the rear wing. lower last gear by 2 clicks and remember that your fully fueled so you will be slower until fuel burns off.

• Like Like x 1
  8. punto gt turbo

punto gt turbo

thanks you for the advice!!!!i understand for the fuel simulation,,,the top players in the first laps is 2 sec fastest of me!!!!.i cant even fight for my position!!!!in the last laps iam competitive..but its too late.. in the Q session i have good fight with the top players....i will change the gear ratio 2 clicks...i dont understand what you mean about the rear wing..can you explain???:) (i dont know good english):(...thank you for your time:thumbsup:

9. Mark Greenall

Mark Greenall Licensed

Well the drs system only works when you over take in f1. So in qualifying you can open it everywhere and go fast. But in race you can't open it unless you are within 1 second of the car ahead. So if you are using maximum wing you will need to drop it maybe 2 clicks also.

• Like Like x 1
  10. mouta21

mouta21

would have to know if driving with automatic or manual TRANSMISSION note such as managing the conbustlible, I for example in online races 20% use the mixture 3 except at the first round that voi with the mixture 2 and the first back after exiting the pits, I would drop you no gearbox, what you can do is play on the 2nd of 5 down a step, and use the kers in the march 7

• Like Like x 1
  11. punto gt turbo

punto gt turbo

thanks MOUTA 21 for the help!!!!!!manual gearbox.....i cant understand how the top players,are so fast in the first laps!!!!example..in MONTREAL in the Q session i can do 1:08:100,,,but in the race i begin with 1:12...i see drivers in the second lap they do 1:10!!!!!

12. mouta21

mouta21

at the end and decided to put the last race setups. these circuits will, valencia, belguica, canada, china.son setup to run without drs with degaste of conbustible and tire.