1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Featured The 2016 WRC season will have a parallel eSports tournament

Discussion in 'WRC 5 The Game' started by Alex Franchini, Oct 1, 2015.

1. wrc5-screenshots-09-23-2015_10.jpg
    ESL has co-organised an eSports tournament to go alongside the real-world 2016 World Rally Championship.

The game of choice will, predictably, be WRC 5, which will launch worldwide on the 16th of October (9th if you're in France, Germany or Belgium). Players will have three months to train for the tournament, as the start date is January 2016.

In a way, this is similar to Raceroom Racing Experience's DTM online events, except that this is going to be a tournament and will not feature real WRC drivers. More details will be published by BigBen Interactive in the following weeks.

What do you think of the competition? Sound off in the comments!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2015
  2. R.J. O'Connell

R.J. O'Connell
    Premium Member

That's really awesome! And if it's anything like the real thing, I expect a whole lot of VW Steamroller.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

The idea is good, but the game... I heard that it sucks compared to Dirt Rally and RBR.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

More 1v1 madness, can't wait.

Actually I can, laughable.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Imagine Milestone coming up with an actual sim this month :) That would really turn the table... "Arcade is the new hardcore!" and all that.

6. St3fan

St3fan
    Stefan Zhang <- Just use this name for convenience Premium Member

I haven't followed any racing ESport for a very long time. I still remember in the old days there were hundreds of NFS:UG (or maybe UG2, can't remember clearly) ESport 1 on 1 tournaments/leagues/championships where collision was disabled and the car models overlapped with each other and blocked each other's view. So switching cameras in order to see what was ahead when overlapping happens was an essential skill.

Good old times.

7. This game has nothing to do with the Milestone WRC games. It is a 100% new game made vy french devs Kylotonn.

8. Judging by the videos, that didn't help much.

9. You cannot Judge a game from Videos. You have to play it. Anyway. we will all see how it is on Friday.

10. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

We will not, three chosen countries will!

And devs. and publishers still wonder why some people decide to pirate? heh.