1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks for the hospitality...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Savage1969, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Good morning,

Hello all. Thank you for the hospitality.

Introductions are a bit awkward for me but I’ll give it a shot.

I’m rather old school (as you can tell by the user name). I’ve been a gamer and auto enthusiast my whole life starting from, what I recall, a brand new Atari 2600 and riding in my father’s ’63 split window Vette. I’m just recently getting back into sims after my last hardcore venture in the mid-90s with the (at the time) brand new titles of Papyrus’ IndyCar Racing II and MicroProse’s Grand Prix II (much respect to designer Geoff Crammond). Later in the mid-2000s I acquired SCi’s Richard Burns Racing.

To the present, I recently purchased rFactor, rFactor 2, Game Stock Car Extreme, and Assetto Corsa. Hardware wise I updated to the new TX458 in front of a single 1080p since my old Thrustmaster Grand Prix 1 and MS Wireless FFB wheels were no longer up to speed to say the least.

I’m active on Steam, PSN, XBL, currently run multiple modded MC servers alongside their own associated website, and support a longstanding professional career living on about five hours of sleep per night.

I have already found RaceDepartment to be extremely helpful and have benefited greatly from the assistance of others here, so I respectfully upgraded to Premium as a small token of my appreciation.

Best regards and keep the rubber side down.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Thanks for the intro Savage! Glad to have you and all your experience come aboard.