1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

TH8RS sequential shifter direction

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Darius Hayati, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Darius Hayati

Darius Hayati

Ratings:
    +3
    This is an extremely newb question I know but which way round is the shifter position for up and down shifts. I have it currently setup to upshift when I pull back and downshift when I push forward.

I don't want to get used to doing it the wrong way and then struggle to change later one.

Thanks in advance guys!

2. Lars Bargmann

Lars Bargmann

Ratings:
    +29
    You are doing it right, don't worry. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Darius Hayati

Darius Hayati

Ratings:
    +3
    Cheers bud!

4. Dietmar

Dietmar

Ratings:
    +43
    Do I actually understand it right that you need a screw driver when you want to change it between SQ and H pattern mode?

5. Holiace

Holiace

Ratings:
    +4
    In real life, in street cars, there are a plethora of different sequential shifter, forward to downshift, forward to UPSHIFT (insanity and horrible, wtf are you doing VW?) or even worse, right/left to up and downshift.

The proper way is to pull to shift up and push to shift down.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Darius Hayati

Darius Hayati

Ratings:
    +3
    You just need an Allen key and you remove 4 screws, then rotate the shifter 90 degrees. Swap the face plate, tighten the screws and then your done. Takes a few minutes max.

7. Mark Reynolds

Mark Reynolds
    Physics & AI Programmer

Ratings:
    +232
    Even BMW screwed that one up, thankfully you can switch the wires around on the Steptronic to get it working the right way round tho :)