1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TH8RS sequential shifter direction

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Darius Hayati, Jan 15, 2014.

1. This is an extremely newb question I know but which way round is the shifter position for up and down shifts. I have it currently setup to upshift when I pull back and downshift when I push forward.

I don't want to get used to doing it the wrong way and then struggle to change later one.

Thanks in advance guys!

2. You are doing it right, don't worry. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cheers bud!

4. Dietmar

Dietmar
    Premium Member

Do I actually understand it right that you need a screw driver when you want to change it between SQ and H pattern mode?

5. In real life, in street cars, there are a plethora of different sequential shifter, forward to downshift, forward to UPSHIFT (insanity and horrible, wtf are you doing VW?) or even worse, right/left to up and downshift.

The proper way is to pull to shift up and push to shift down.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. You just need an Allen key and you remove 4 screws, then rotate the shifter 90 degrees. Swap the face plate, tighten the screws and then your done. Takes a few minutes max.

7. Mark Reynolds

Mark Reynolds
    Physics & AI Programmer

Even BMW screwed that one up, thankfully you can switch the wires around on the Steptronic to get it working the right way round tho :)