TH8A shifter not recognized

race_fanatic_

If you want to win, hire a...
Hello!
Got my th8a shifter home yesterday. I started with just pluging it in and then start a game. It was not possible to map the shifter. I then started looking in the included user manual and have followed all steps. I also downloaded driver/firmware from their website. The main problem seems to be that the pc doesn't recognize the shifter at all. (worth noting I've plugged in the shifter via usb as you should and then also tried via my t300). For starters the pc doesn't make a noise when I plug the shifter in. The pc doesn't recognize the shifter in its control panel either. After downloading the shifter's control panel I see that the shifter isn't noticed there either.

Just to make sure I've tried connecting the shifter to another pc and also into my ps3.

For me it feels like it's pretty obvious the shifter is not working and I need a replacement. I contacted Tm support yesterday so will hopefully get an answer soon.

Anyone else got any tip?

No tips here... Assuming you plugged the USB cable into the shifter properly then it should work fine if you install the driver and plug in the shifter during installation as stated in the instructions.

Also on the PS3 (for example GT6) it should work straight away, no special steps needed.

Upvote 0
No tips here... Assuming you plugged the USB cable into the shifter properly then it should work fine if you install the driver and plug in the shifter during installation as stated in the instructions.

Also on the PS3 (for example GT6) it should work straight away, no special steps needed.
Yeah, done everything properly. I knew that it would be easy plug and play in gt6 so that's exactly what I tried.

Upvote 0
Did you get this sorted? I had the same problem with my new TH8A some weeks ago. The PC didn't recognize it until i unplugged/replugged the usb-cable at the shifter end (din-plug or whatever it's called).

Upvote 0
Did you also calibrate it?
831111th8rs.jpg

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=2&pid=319&cid=15

that may help :)

or uninstall the driver, and un plug the shifter from pc. Then reinstall the driver, make sure that the shifter is not connected!!!

Upvote -1
@Maronic did you try and unplug/replug the cable? I usually do it at the shifter end since that's easier to reach in my rig. It's not very frequent, but my shifter disappears sometimes and this always does the trick. Good thing though that it has never disconnected whilst driving so far :)

Upvote 0

useless

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%