Textures & google street view

Yep there was in february I think some similair thread but quite dead atm so..
leave it to the mod to move :cool:

Was messing around with street view and I think it is a great source for whatever you wanna build.
Just found in Prague a nice wall.

You can also use complete streets, well, basicly the sides, transform a little and hopla :rolleyes:
For the moment I just discovered some little problems like all the parked cars and people walking around, but with 'some' photoshopping you can remove those issue's.

Found also that buildings are much sharper when the sun was shining during recordings.
Though Sapporo, Japan is terrible, even with sunshine.

O ja, o yeah, it's a good idea to clean so once at a while your Inet temp folder, was "driving" some hour and you won't believe what 'street view' is writing to it, I think that explains also the slowness.
Everytime you zoom in .... In 1 hour some 20.000 files :ups:

I've got some second thoughts about "the streets".
The sky is the limit and there's a lot you can use for whatever purpose but after playing with it for some 24 hrs, quite addictive it is, I've noticed that everytime you find something usefull, it's bad glued.
Every 30 meters or so you'll notice that the pics don't fit. You can fix this with some prg's but cost some time. Besides that, there is some fish-eye effect proberly due to the 360 degrees they use, wich you have to correct also.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back