• "Bwoah." - Generic Kimi Quotes.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Texture problem (again) - Length cannot be less than zero....

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Alex Kyriak, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Alex Kyriak

Alex Kyriak

Ratings:
    +1
    I've made a dds texture, xpacked it, tried to load it in BTB, I get an error saying "unhandled exception..... length cannot be less than zero". Any ideas anyone? It's a 1024x1024 dds.

Much appreciated. :)

2. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Ratings:
    +93
    Strange. The dimensions are powers of two, so that's not the problem. I for one have absolutely no clue. :confused:

It might have something to do with how many metres the texture covers? If you look around the XPacker texture properties, I think the default value for this is usually 12.00.

3. Alex Kyriak

Alex Kyriak

Ratings:
    +1
    Whatever properties I set, it still errors.

I "fixed" the problem in another way by using Add From Texture button, instead of creating a material from scratch..... wierd!

4. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Ratings:
    +93
    Oh, yes, of course, a material would contain textures, sounds, and textures that spring off. For example, gravel would have little stone textures flying from the back of the car. A wet track would use RAINSPRAY.tga. But all you wanted was a texture.
    That makes sense.

5. Alex Kyriak

Alex Kyriak

Ratings:
    +1
    I actually wanted a new material. The add texture button just creates a new material, using a texture as the basis. (not sure why Piddy made it like this). I then gave it all the usaul properties - surface type, etc. So it's almost identical to create new texture, just with a different method. So not really sure why one way worked and the other didn't.

6. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Ratings:
    +93
    Just remember that BTB isn't exactly complete yet, and still slightly buggy, although a lot less than when it was being coded.

7. Alex Kyriak

Alex Kyriak

Ratings:
    +1
    Even if it's not complete, it's still fairly awesome!!!! :) Most addictive piece of software ever...!

8. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Ratings:
    +93
    I'm spending a lot of my summer holidays on a major update for Croydon Grand Prix.
    http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Croydon Grand Prix
    Google SketchUp and street view is helping a lot! And it is really addictive, I don't think I can go a single day without making changes of some sort to either CGP or my 600m figure 8!