1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Texture problem (again) - Length cannot be less than zero....

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Alex Kyriak, Jul 28, 2010.

1. I've made a dds texture, xpacked it, tried to load it in BTB, I get an error saying "unhandled exception..... length cannot be less than zero". Any ideas anyone? It's a 1024x1024 dds.

Much appreciated. :)

2. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Strange. The dimensions are powers of two, so that's not the problem. I for one have absolutely no clue. :confused:

It might have something to do with how many metres the texture covers? If you look around the XPacker texture properties, I think the default value for this is usually 12.00.

3. Whatever properties I set, it still errors.

I "fixed" the problem in another way by using Add From Texture button, instead of creating a material from scratch..... wierd!

4. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Oh, yes, of course, a material would contain textures, sounds, and textures that spring off. For example, gravel would have little stone textures flying from the back of the car. A wet track would use RAINSPRAY.tga. But all you wanted was a texture.
    That makes sense.

5. I actually wanted a new material. The add texture button just creates a new material, using a texture as the basis. (not sure why Piddy made it like this). I then gave it all the usaul properties - surface type, etc. So it's almost identical to create new texture, just with a different method. So not really sure why one way worked and the other didn't.

6. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Just remember that BTB isn't exactly complete yet, and still slightly buggy, although a lot less than when it was being coded.

7. Even if it's not complete, it's still fairly awesome!!!! :) Most addictive piece of software ever...!

8. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    @ Simberia @Simberia

I'm spending a lot of my summer holidays on a major update for Croydon Grand Prix.
    http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Croydon Grand Prix
    Google SketchUp and street view is helping a lot! And it is really addictive, I don't think I can go a single day without making changes of some sort to either CGP or my 600m figure 8!