• Race hard. Race fair.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texture doesn't export

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Alex Kyriak, Jul 24, 2010.

  1. Alex Kyriak

    Alex Kyriak

    Messages:
    350
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all,

    I made a simple model with a texture applied - 'Bridgestone' in the attached pic. I exported it, it worked fine in RF. I then loaded an XPack made by someone else, and added one object from this. I exported the track. My original model will still export, and appear in RFactor, but the Bridgestone texture has changed to a blank blue colour. Anyone know what might cause this? The texture is a .jpg, not a .dds. Thanks alot.

    ak_texprob_btb.jpg
     
  2. Erwin Greven

    Erwin Greven
    Premium

    Messages:
    1,513
    Ratings:
    +256
    I had this problem also and i would like to know the answer too.
     
  3. martinez

    martinez

    Messages:
    743
    Ratings:
    +14
    Check size of the texture (powers of 2) again. I always use .dds and never had problems like that. But for e.g. trees or banners (something like flat faces) I discovered that checking "double sided" and "render normals up" for materials in xpacks works much better. Maybe try this too.
     
  4. Erwin Greven

    Erwin Greven
    Premium

    Messages:
    1,513
    Ratings:
    +256
    I had that problem when i wanted to build those shields with the village names on it. I saved the textures as a *.png-file.
    I will try it again with checking "double-sided" and "render normals up".
     
  5. Alex Kyriak

    Alex Kyriak

    Messages:
    350
    Ratings:
    +1
    My question was more to do with why would importing another xpack affect one that I made that was previoulsy working fine? (ie I already set textures sizes, double sided, etc). Can't work out what the problem is! Unless textures somehow are named the same?
     
  6. Kyle Puttifer

    Kyle Puttifer
    Banned

    Messages:
    1,487
    Ratings:
    +93
  7. Alex Kyriak

    Alex Kyriak

    Messages:
    350
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks alot Kyle - that's solved it - exactly what my problem was. The Bridgestone jpg was called bridge~1.jpg. I loaded a bridge model in from another xpack and it had the same name! I renamed my jpg, re exported my XPack, and it worked just fine. Cheers.
     
  8. Kyle Puttifer

    Kyle Puttifer
    Banned

    Messages:
    1,487
    Ratings:
    +93
    No problem! Glad to help.
    IMO, a thread with an important solution like this should be stickied. [hint hint]
     
  9. Erwin Greven

    Erwin Greven
    Premium

    Messages:
    1,513
    Ratings:
    +256
    We should make a FAQ out of this. Problem -> Solution. Not 20 stickies, like it is now.
     
  10. R Soul

    R Soul

    Messages:
    957
    Ratings:
    +190
    The info could be added to the wiki, whose link is in my signature
     
  11. Kyle Puttifer

    Kyle Puttifer
    Banned

    Messages:
    1,487
    Ratings:
    +93
  12. R Soul

    R Soul

    Messages:
    957
    Ratings:
    +190
    Thanks. I changed set page tags, a 'parent' page, and replaced the full-size images with thumbnails. Fortunately the thumbnails had been automatically created by racedepartment's attachment system and by tinypic.

    new link: http://simtrackipedia.wikidot.com/rfactor-swaps-textures
     
  13. Kyle Puttifer

    Kyle Puttifer
    Banned

    Messages:
    1,487
    Ratings:
    +93
    OK, thanks R Soul. I thought it looked a bit strange with the full size pics.