Test Race Hungaroring 24th July

Steeve Fournier

I had this as well.
You just have the wrong track. Both the old and new 2011 Hungary have the same name in the locations folder, thats why race07 is loading the track. Then your computer finds out that you don't have the right track and you get booted.
Just make sure you have the right track and delete the other one. Worked for me.

Thanks Duco,

I tried the link that richard post but still its not working. Can anyone post the good track link please?

edit: Forget it, Richard has the good link, i had to erase my old version for this one to work :)

We need to fine tune the details for this practice race. The experience we have so far, from Bahrain (2x wear, 67 minutes and no pit speed limit), is that 2 stops is faster than 1 stop, enough that it would make sense to make small adjustment to bring it a bit closer.

The obvious alternatives are reducing race length (that will free time for qualify) or re-introducing flag rules/pit speed limit.

Obviously depending on pit length, turning flag rules on/pit speed limit, would usually (not at Spa) and very roughly cost the 2-stoppers around 5-8 seconds. (the difference of 1 pit in full speed and 1 pit with pit limiter).

Do we wish to reduce the race length from 67 minutes to 57-65 minutes? Or do we turn pit speed limit on, including the risk of penalties given by the game for cutting and speeding in pit lane? Or do we wish to keep the settings the same as it was at bahrain?

1. David Turnbull
2. Nicolai Nicholson
3. Valerio Vinassa
4. Kennett Ylitalo
5. Sean Greenlaw
6. Reik Major
7. Duco Jansen
8. Richard Hill

Do we wish to reduce the race length from 67 minutes to 57-65 minutes? Or do we turn pit speed limit on, including the risk of penalties given by the game for cutting and speeding in pit lane? Or do we wish to keep the settings the same as it was at bahrain?

I'm more for slightly reducing race-length, simply because Monza and Imola are in the calendar, which both have redicolous ingame cut-rules; the rest of the tracks woudn't be a problem.

1. David Turnbull
2. Nicolai Nicholson
3. Valerio Vinassa
4. Kennett Ylitalo
5. Sean Greenlaw
6. Reik Major
7. Duco Jansen
8. Richard Hill
9. Dino Paolini (maybe, not sure)

I'm also for the new Hungaroring version; I argued for that 2 seasons ago already :D

Free strategy, for this one??

I would propose same as at Bahrain, or possibly with the adjustment suggested by someone, that:
p1= 1 stop
p2 = 2 stops
p3 = 1 stop
etc.

Hopefully it will be more fun/competitive 1-stopping with the better balance we are aiming for through reduced length/pit speed limit.

1. David Turnbull
2. Nicolai Nicholson
3. Valerio Vinassa
4. Kennett Ylitalo
5. Sean Greenlaw
6. Reik Major
7. Duco Jansen
8. Richard Hill
9. Dino Paolini (maybe, not sure)
10. Helder Filipe

Should we just do same as Bahrain as for time and tire wear etc, for a direct comparison track to track ?
I think Bahrain 1 v 2 stop was probably closer than it looked initially going by some further tests from myself . It was as close as 1 sec over line last lap 1 time with edited race tires for 1 stopper for me.

I think same as Nico with people dividing up strategy to get good idea and also people that go 1 might want to use less cambers and adjust pressures to make them last longer.

Nicolai could you please open a "Practice 2"-server for Hungaroring? thank you :)
And enjoy your concert :thumbsup:

Also guys, the track has a 10lap limit for qualy-session, incase you wonder why you can't drive more. Just vote for a new session and you can drive again :)

What are laptimes so far? I had a full reset last week, cleared a lot of crap from computer including 20gig archive of race related stuff (last dates used.. never...time to take out the trash.) Along went my dear controller settings but that was the goal, start fresh. ATM i can do low 1:34s (edit:133.9) with full push.Setup just softer than default, the car behaves a bit like 70s F1, turns with throttle.

Wheel is a bit heavier to operate but with default settings it seems to do it's job better. My old config was tweaked to death. Also i got rid of "turn to apex", it doesn't work when using real mirrors, which are actually better in F3000 than virtual ones..

EDIT: As far as tests go, Valerio and i should drive on opposite tactics, we were so close to same pace last race and i think tire wear were about the same for both. I have no preference which one to use, i like the car in both heavy and light loads.

What laptimes are you doing on high fuel, Reik and Sean?
I'm suprised you guys seem to do only quali laps, or at least that's the laptime you always talk about.
With the race being more than 1 hour, I find it pointless to practice quali.
Also the grip level in quali is very different.

I usually fill my car up with plenty of fuel and then improve the car. Anybody can do 1 fast lap. Doing fast laps for more than 1 hour is something else.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back