• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Test Race @Great Britain [June 30; 20:00 GMT]

Discussion in 'Formula SimRacing' started by Kris Cobb, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Victor Ivanov

Victor Ivanov

Ratings:
    +1,518
    Gentlemen organizers, could you please learn the clock?
    That's what the thread says:
    20:00 GMT - Practice 30 Minutes
    20:30 GMT - Race 60% (32 Laps)
    as far as I'm concerned, and based on my knowledge about summer and winter times, 8PM GMT in the summer means 9PM my current time thus the race should not have started before the next 10 minutes are past. I hope you will understand my unhappiness because even if it is a test race the schedule is something that needs to be respected by both sides.

Thank you.
    Sincerely yours disappointed Victor.
    (I hope you can replace the polite words with the actual ones that are on my mind)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Blair Disley

Blair Disley

Ratings:
    +40
    Server open for race 2 if anyonelse wants to join/rejoin.

3. ChazmR

ChazmR

Ratings:
    +10
    Wet was great fun, tyre wear was way too high on both wets and intermediates though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mike Partington

Mike Partington

Ratings:
    +488
    Haha yeah just a bit. The huge difference with the rain tyres is you cannot overheat them what so ever.

Was very fun, and thank you Ragusa for a great battle.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pashalis Gergis

Pashalis Gergis

Ratings:
    +146
    A small gallery of the test races. 20+ people this time. rFactor2 2015-07-01 03-47-22-82.jpg rFactor2 2015-07-01 03-50-50-67.jpg rFactor2 2015-07-01 03-51-45-29.jpg rFactor2 2015-07-01 03-53-18-87.jpg

Those tests are a good base for the future. Good stuff. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thomas Satherley

Thomas Satherley

Ratings:
    +18
    Was pretty good. I wasn't pushing very hard, but the wet tires wore out quickly. I think I was down to 35% by lap 7/8

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  7. Dmitry Zaharov

Dmitry Zaharov

Ratings:
    +396
    I think in it's current form wet racing is pretty much fine for all divisions, definitely not harder than certain Codemasters game and since this is FSR for sure all guys will be able to drive it. I never lost car under braking and never spun under throttle, i'd even say car is bit too stable in slow corners in wet even on dry tires. But in fast corner wet tires wer too quickly, I had 70% on front left only after 3 or 4 laps. Also, there is some bug with rain drops, I had them only in spectator mode. Not sure about wet racing line too, never saw one yesterday.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  8. Andrew Pienaar

Andrew Pienaar

Ratings:
    +1,354
    i had raindrops all the way , didnt have at first but i saw that setting was set to off in the settings menu , once i turned it on i saw the rain

9. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly
    A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race. Premium

Ratings:
    +6,168
    Really enjoyed it.
    Fantastic new string to the FSR bow and a great differentiator to other top level leagues.
    The car felt great-it felt like it was wet but driveable.
    Both tyres felt different.
    I got 12 laps from the wets in race 2 which seems about ok.

Cant wait for real world weather to become available in pro.
    Thanks

Oh and yes I arrived on the server 5 mins early and the first race was 5 laps in, so it seems the start times were not adhered to. Hence I only did Race 2.

10. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r

Ratings:
    +1,491
    This rain is gonna be so hilarious in Pro. :roflmao: Wonder what @Chris de Jong will be talking about the last 15 laps of the race, since all the cars will have taken each other out by this time.

• Haha Haha x 1
  11. Andrew Pienaar

Andrew Pienaar

Ratings:
    +1,354
    i also notice that there wasnt a significant FPS drop either , well on my side that is

12. James Early

James Early

Ratings:
    +42
    There must be something seriously wrong with the rain because I did not finish last.
    Other than that on the racing line the difference between dry and wet times were not that big.

13. John-Eric Saxén

John-Eric Saxén

Ratings:
    +736
    It worked great imo, much better than expected. Handling is perhaps on easy side, but none would finish in Pro if it was like it was before the updated tires. Realroad rate probably needs to be set a bit higher than 1x, because I never saw a dry line, even in the first race when it stopped raining at some point.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Ben Eastman

Ben Eastman

Ratings:
    +39
    I thought it was pretty good, at first I spun a lot due to trying medium tyres and my dry setup in the wet. With appropriate tyres and setup adjustments you can push pretty confidently. Still ended up with a broken rear wing and a DSQ because I spun into the national pits entrance :(

My only gripe is the tyre wear which needs to be adjusted, and its very hard to tell if it's raining until the rain tails start shooting up, as the raindrops don't appear in cockpit mode for some reason. My solution to this would be to simply have my laptop next to me with the live stream on to be able to watch the conditions(some of you with teams may have others on Skype to do this for you, you lucky pricks :)

15. Kris Cobb

Kris Cobb
    Avid Chronic Racing | Team Principal

Ratings:
    +473
    Ideally we would have engineers that can tell you if it is raining.

16. Blair Disley

Blair Disley

Ratings:
    +40
    Trackmap tells you the rain intensity as well :)

17. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly
    A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race. Premium

Ratings:
    +6,168
    I saw that, was going around Luffield and I thought "Ben it's not there anymore-remember the trucks, the engineers , the coffee machine, they are all at the new complex".

• Haha Haha x 4
  18. Mike Partington

Mike Partington

Ratings:
    +488
    By the time it stopped raining in the second race i dont think there were many drivers left to create a dry line. The water levels did drops from 97% to 94% though. With more drivers it would be better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Ben Eastman

Ben Eastman

Ratings:
    +39
    Does track map work with 64bit Rf2 or is it 32b only?

I remember installing it last year but for whatever reason putting it in my 64b folder without realising it was 32b made me DQ from any online servers every 10-15m

20. Blair Disley

Blair Disley

Ratings:
    +40
    Yeah there's a 64bit version that works with rf2 64bit.