1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Test Race @Germany [June 16; 20:00 GMT]

Discussion in 'Formula SimRacing' started by Kris Cobb, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Kris Cobb

Kris Cobb
    Avid Chronic Racing | Team Principal

Test Race
    The purpose of this race is to test the track for our Technical Department (and maybe have a bit of fun as well).

Date: Tuesday June 16
    Circuit: Germany, Hockenheimring
    Download: Under Test Tracks

Event Info
    Server: FSR Test Race
    Password: testday
    20:00 GMT - Practice 30 Minutes
    20:30 GMT - Race 60% (41 Laps)

Regulations
    Tires: Supersoft / Medium
    DRS: Governed by simulation

If people would like to test different compounds that is fine. Ideally we would like a consistent driver to be on each compound.

You do NOT have to allocate. First come first serve as long as people fit on the track.

2. I should be there

3. You best hope nothing exciting is being streamed from E3 tomorrow.

4. is it more important the well being of our league or watch something you can always watch later?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I haven't done much racing on this track(about 6-8 complete laps) or even on rfactor really:D. But I would like to take part.
    May be off the pace but as part of 'development' I think this test race will help me.
    Just worried about maybe getting a bit of lag though.

6. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly
    A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.

Its early days in your RF2 story. Its all experience, no points on offer and you will get a feel for procedure. Just watch those blue flags.

• Like Like x 2
  7. First corner you can do a legal line 2 wheels on kerb and it invalidates the lap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I ended up getting several penalties for this :p

9. problem is that you can cut 3 times, the 4th one gives pen, the 5th one gives pen again.

Dunno if this can be disabled...

10. Mine were still fully legal though, game should not give an automatic penalty for that.

11. That pretty much sums up the event.
    [​IMG]

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I would like to use the automatic cut detection, actually it's pretty advanced in rF2. Problem is as you say, you can only set the thershold for warnings and immediate stop&go, you cannot set how many warnings give a penalty. Second problem is that the corridors are wrong in turn one exit, but that's just track modding issue.

13. So whats the solution to this? We ask the director to delete our penalty or we just deal with it?

14. I thought JES removed "track cut penalties" from one of the earlier tracks we used this season because of this same problem? I've just had a very quick look, can't find which track it was. Maybe I remembered wrong.

15. It's already fixed, if you read here:

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/germany-feedback.107245/page-2#post-2031548

PS: Enjoy the grass. :sneaky: