TEST RACE - DONINGTON PARK

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, many many lags for me and my team mates, some car in front of me were not visible but the their shadows was on the trak! Sometimes some cars were only with the chassis! I went 3 times on the grass due to lags :( After having damaged a front tyre I go to pit for repair but the mechanics went on strike and they have not replaced the flat tire (for two times).
7 COR driver on track and other 2 waiting to join the server if there were free slots.

Grazie mille Flavio for bringing all the possible drivers, we really appreciate it from all the teams.

Xosé have been doing some server testing while we raced, cheking everything with The Game Hoster guys. Now we know the multi slot patch will never work with these Simbin series and being really sorry I have to anounce we will only have 13 teams racing next seasson and MULTI SLOT PATCH will be only used up to 30 slots. I want to thank the Lucas Degen from Degen Racing and Robin Johansson from GubbKlubben.se for all his help and cooperation, now I hope youunderstand we can´t risk series safeness because of the patch.

Anyway, in the near future when new generation sims are available we will switch to grant some more teams can join (there is a wating list to join the series already), and even if we will not grow that much, maybe 2 or 3 more teams will be able to enter.

So next race will be the official test with the new tire & engine files we are already working in, safety car, and only 30 slots. Announcements will be done, stay tunned.

Thanks all for joining tonight´s test.

yep, sounds good. The grid of 35 looked great though :)

quali: not a single lap of practice, so just trying to stay on the gray stuff, 29th of 34

race: Michael was lagging quite a bit so I eased off him a little in lap1, then got knocked off (maybe also due to lag) and down to 34, climbed back up but noticed that not all of the lapping was really done very sensibly, with these cars and a slightly tighter track, players should be a little more careful (again, it might be due to the lag, though). First stint on hards and full tank tires gave up within two laps, pitted with 38mins still to go, changed to soft and a little refuel, did some nice quick laps after that and then, with 24 mins to go running last in 24th, my gear shifter gave up on me so I had to drop out. too bad.

Overall fun race.

Joined the server 30 before official. Took by surprise P6 in Q
Raced went oke. Got tapped in the first lap and dropped back to 23th...
Rest of the race was moving up the grid back to 7th was happy

Couple of things about the car

Engine health: I didnt lose anything and i was quite hard on it
Tyre temp: Never above 70 with Hards think i needs to be looked at. But it didnt felt horrible
Tyre wear: Hard didnt wear that much i think. 82 on the front 87 on the back after 30 laps. I even didn my fastest lap arround 55.
Understeer: The cars has sometime great grip on the front and then suddenly its gone without a warning

But i really liked the car. Quite a suprise for me because i dont really like these kind of car.
Some little fine tuning and we have a great car.

Is it possibe to have some mod info about the optimum temps of the cars?

Grazie mille Flavio for bringing all the possible drivers, we really appreciate it from all the teams.

Xosé have been doing some server testing while we raced, cheking everything with The Game Hoster guys. Now we know the multi slot patch will never work with these Simbin series and being really sorry I have to anounce we will only have 13 teams racing next seasson and MULTI SLOT PATCH will be only used up to 30 slots. I want to thank the Lucas Degen from Degen Racing and Robin Johansson from GubbKlubben.se for all his help and cooperation, now I hope youunderstand we can´t risk series safeness because of the patch.

Anyway, in the near future when new generation sims are available we will switch to grant some more teams can join (there is a wating list to join the series already), and even if we will not grow that much, maybe 2 or 3 more teams will be able to enter.

So next race will be the official test with the new tire & engine files we are already working in, safety car, and only 30 slots. Announcements will be done, stay tunned.

Thanks all for joining tonight´s test.

Why not to make two divisions if there are a lot of teams waiting out there, and at the end of the season the top 2 teams go to D1 and the last two from D1 to be down to D2.

Just an idea!

Race was not so bad on soft, though they were only on for 15 laps. They probably would have lasted alot longer too.

I will appologise though for the incident between Kevin and myself. I was a little to wide after joining the track and took a bit of a tap from from you, though my rear wing did send me a post card saying "Wish you were here" :tongue:. Hope it wasn't so bad for you.

Why not to make two divisions if there are a lot of teams waiting out there, and at the end of the season the top 2 teams go to D1 and the last two from D1 to be down to D2.

It is a good idea indeed, but as we have said many times before we don´t have the time, will and capaity to manage another division. Also, this makes STC more exclusive as we don´t want a 20 teams series. But maybe 2 or 3 teams more would be fine.

Congrats to the winners and all that finished.
I had a bit of a mixed race, but qualified well and finished the distance, so a good test.

I like these cars they feel good, there fast and fun to drive.
I raced with hard tyres, noticed the heat stayed low around 65 deg. but grip was fine, the drop off of grip towards the pit window was noticeable but not a problem.
The engine was strong throughout with no heat or wear problems.
The engine sound is awesome and the tyre screech is easy to pick out.
A great mod to race with, should be a close hard fought series !

The biggest downside was the lag, it affected my race a few times with one contact and spin.
Apart from that all went well.
Cheers all !

Yes, for me almost the same as Adam. I ran softs and noticed a gradual loss of grip coming to pit time and no problems with the car at all. Great cockpit view and great bonnet view etc.

Biggest problem as with all people was the lag. Although I never had contact, I regularly ghosted with other cars. Once people dropped out, it improved. I expect it would have been worse with skins on all the cars as I believe this demands more resources and possibly bandwidth too. Could be wrong on that though!!

Congrats Rami for the win, really nice pace!

Quali was poor for me,was hitting low 26`s in practice but made a little mistake in quali so started 12th.

I went for 1 stop, using softs and must admit was surprised how well they lasted....pitted just over half distance so i knew softs would last till the end no probs :) The race itself went ok, managed to get up the grid quickly was battling for 5th for a good 25mins before i pitted....once out the pits, i think i kept my position so just started to chase down the guys in front knowing some would still have to pit.... made a couple of poitions by the end and finished 4th.

This was my first time driving this mod and i really enjoyed it, it will defo get close, competitive racing next series....the only issues i had was the lag......it was terrible at times, at 1 point the car infront dissapeared for 30secs or more and when he re-appeared i was right on top of him....i was amazed we never made contact :eek: Also the timing and positions were jumping all over the place but think it got better as the race went on.

Overall was very happy with the race and mod, good work guys, looking forward to the new series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back