Test/Practise Race Bahrain 10th July

qualifying - 6th

made a couple of mistakes and no time to go again and had no traffic on the lap so felt alot like superpole.

race - 6th (2 stop strategy)

had a good start and managed to overtake dino in turn 2 then got past sean quite quickly too, lap 3-4 while overtaking marko for 3rd place sean mistimed his braking and nudged me off track, we both lost alot of time here and positions, i tried to settle back into my race and managed to catch dino again, i pitted on lap 13 for tyres and 67litres fuel, my 2nd stint was quite bad with mistakes and just general slowness, i pit again on lap 26 for tyres and 67litres then goto the end, i finished 14.5 seconds behind dino, 18 seconds behind sean and 22 behind marko, unfortunate incident and couple of spins made it so that i cant really use my data to be exact but its looking like 2 stop is the way to go (bahrain at least) but it could be close elsewhere, hopefully nurburgring shows some diffrent characteristics.

good race all, cya at the next event :)

Well, that was challenging. I broke traction god knows how many times.

It was my first proper race with the f3000. Setup wise I went in the wrong direction unfortunately.
My quali lap was 1.4s off p1. It wasn't perfect but no way the mistakes were worth more than 1s.
Then in the race I was terribly slow and inconsistent. The car was bad and so was I.
I just had a look at one of your setups and found out that I had way too much downforce, also, your pressures were a lot lower and the exit diff was only 5%.
I pretty much went with default settings, but had a lot of corner exit oversteer.

I was fighting for p5 till the pitstops, but then I couldn't find the pit limiter button and lost about 8 seconds.
It was a very long race. The tyres were absolutely fine. I drove with the wrong setup, but the tyres didn't feel too bad at the end of each stint. My laptimes are not reliable, but 1 stop is the way to go if you ask me.

I had a lot of fun and looking forward to the next event.

Duco

I used Reik base, with these changes:
10 lock/20 coast, 2 clicks rear slow bumb&rebound softer, 1 click front slow bumb/rebound softer, less camber on both ends, less toe-in at the rear. Worked really really great, the increased body transfer was what i needed. Only downside is that when you allow the rear to travel deeper to get more grip, you can't really let go of the throttle as it rises the rear and you loose grip. Aerobalance was good, maybe one click less front wing as the car really bites in at the slow corners anyway. Dropped 1 second from laptime with those changes.

Okay thanks, I might give that a try later

I just tried Sean's setup with some minor tweaks to suit my braking style. I did a 1.44.5 in practice, which is a very low 1.43 in quali when there's more grip. That should be right on the pace.
Is there any way to practice a quali lap (the same grip levels as quali)?
Practice has lower grip.
Maybe time attack?

Duco

All our servers has a qualify session
No, not time attack. Just practice in P2, never P1. ;)
Actually, it is my impression that the grip level in time attack is close to equal to the grip in qualify

But as Chris sais, qualify session is the best way to test qualify grip :) All our servers has a qualify session, most notably our 5 lap server which has a 45 min qualify session.

q: 4th I just superpoled it and left pits at 4 mins, I think that's prob best way to go and fastest to, il superpole either if timed or not.
r.4th

Was good over all race with 1 mistake for me sos Davie, I think I lost around 10 secs maybe there and few small 1s through race if i guestimate i could have been 15 secs ahead say where i finished makes it a little closer to Reiks n Helders times.

I think we learned 2x is easy to make a 1 stop I never had any warnings etc or wear just slight less grip end of stint, so would think 2x wear is no brainer for next season.
If its 2 stop or 1 stop it maybe track dependent n race tire setup also might help and it could end up quite close some tracks but it looked like 2 stop was faster If at front of grid anyway.

Also have possibility of adding speed limit again like has been mentioned, this again would slow 2 stopper a bit and bring the 2 closer again overall or just at Bahrain or possible past it somewhere else.

The opposite strategies has atleast has a possible chance with these settings if right scenario came along come race day to have chance of being fastest strategy. We don't need to know exactly the ins n outs of what is without doubt the fastest strategy, we just need to know its nearly there give or take 20 secs and we will find out the rest and best way to go about it during season, practising what we thinks best and finding out race day will be interesting.

Time attack is alot faster mates

Without sounding arrogant I must insist that this is not my impression at all. Not all cars (like the Mak Corp f1 - mod) works correctly in time attack. but with the f3000 (in-game car) the grip is close to, or completely, equal to the qualifying session. i have used this many times, practicing on time attack until I do a very quick lap, then I go online to qualifying and replicate that "perfect" lap within a few tries.

So returning to the original question, can Duco get an idea of his qualify potential with f3000 at time attack, my answer would be a clear yes.

Chris Shepherd: We got a test circuit, haven't ever really tested time trial vs qualy methodically, maybe you could do it so we got final answer: http://www.wuala.com/SquidCap/public/PrestoTest_1.0_by_CreamK.zip/

There should be everything one needs, skidpan, different radius circles, uphill, downhill and flat 3km straights. All with default 1.0 grip, symmetric and absolutely flat surfaces to eliminate variables.. It's not pretty but it is functional. There's also bumb field and couple of other test circuits, if i remember correctly 7 types all together.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 388 39.9%