Test/Practise Race Bahrain 10th July

I had some free time today to do some practice at Bahrain but when I turned the computer on I got a blue screen and it did not start at all , not sure if I can fix it on time but most probably the hard drive is gone :( .
Ouch, doesn't sound good. good news is that hard drives are relatively cheep, so provided you have your windows cd and product key... :) Good luck mate.

I had some free time today to do some practice at Bahrain but when I turned the computer on I got a blue screen and it did not start at all , not sure if I can fix it on time but most probably the hard drive is gone :( .

:(
I read only now a bit late but happened me too, have you look for some cable, power supplier or video card? hard drive gone mmmm I dont think. Sorry mate from here Italia is a bit hard try to help you.:D

Guys

I'm up to my nuts in work, gonna be here drawing for a good while yet, I'm not going to be able to make it:(

honestly... it's not cus I can't be arsed, I've just got too much work on

Sorry Guys

Jim

Edit: ruddy hell! it's still only Tuesday! the race is tomorrow!, there's a slim chance I may still be able to take part if tomorrow (Weds) goes well on the work front

#dontknowwhatdayitis

Jim

ok guys, so now that we have confirmation from anthony, what would we like to do?

we could keep it 1 hour later as a few of us agreed to the change and its a bit short notice to go back on it now, or we could stick to the original plan of a normal start time, only problem here is the people who havent seen the thread in the last day.

i'll be around from 7pm (uk) normal start time just in case, but right now id say the best thing is to keep the 1 hour later as its a bit late for conformation from everyone.

@ duco jansen

id be fine with you joining us, but you must read back this thread and understand what we are trying to do here, this isnt just a practise or fun race, its to determine what tyre wear we will use in our new season, if you are willing to stick to a predetermined strategy (allocated by grid position) then your joining should be ok with everyone :)

myself, sean and helder done a few stints last night and between us have come to the conclusion that 3 stop should never work, its just far too slow, there might end up a good balance between 1 and 2 stops though so i think tonight we should concentrate our efforts on the diffrence between 1 and 2 stops, much like the allocation before except take out the 3 stop options.....

row 1 = 2 stops
row 2 = 1 stops
row 3 = 2 stops
row 4 = 1 stop

and so on......

does this make sense to all?

Car - F3000
Track - Bahrain
Duration - 67 minutes
Qualifying - 5-6 mins or superpole
Weather - Dry
Tyre wear - x 2
Fuel use - x 1

what would we like to do with qualifying? do we still want to test 5-6 mins or does more discussion need to take place before we add this? im fine with either way for the test race.

p.s i know there might be some who want to do a particular strategy to test before we start but im asking that whatever grid position you end up in that you stick to a predetermined strategy for your grid position, this way we get valuable info from everyone at diffrent places on the grid and at diffrent race pace, the more info the better for our final decision :)

I agree with both suggestions (1 hour delay and leaving out 3 stop strategy). :thumbsup:

Due to the long pit time I also was in doubt if a 3 stopper would have any chance to compensate that by quicker lap times...

PS:
Hy Duco! I have no problem if you join us. At least you should have a consistant performance for a 67 minutes race, no matter if you are quickest or slowest driver on the track. ;)

You should also know that:

- we don't use pit speed limit so you might disengage the limiter right after the game automatically engaged it when crossing the pit entry line
- therefore we don't use flag rules, so it's our own responsibility not to cut (always at least 2 wheels on or inside the white line
- all cars are ghosts in the pit zone
- we value safety higher than finishing positions

Have fun mate! ;)

Ye I think we come to conclusion that we would get better info if more were 2 and 1 stops, I think 2 maybe slight faster, well also with my setup atm with Bahrain atleast.

Its possible also with maybe some tire adjustments the 1 stopper could be faster pace bringing it even closer. ( Also steam update today they still must be timing them to coincide with presto races :thumbsup:)

I think same as Reik Duco, should be cool if you think yourself consistent enough to be safe no matter your pace, its only a test race to :thumbsup:

Feel so noob, remembered that we use GMT LIKE EVERY other league. but it's UK time, now i'm one hour late already. EDIT: no, i'm not.. I use GMT as it's the same all the time... Just got confused, didn't even know what time i'm living in.. Don't particularly like using a national clock as reference, with UK time there one more calculation and i'm pretty poor still calculating timezones.. makes me brain hurt... :O_o:

yes, no pit speed limit to make stops a bit faster and as a consequence no penalties ingame at all. So please don't drive the wrong direction ;) Just test pit stops it in practice ;)

In this thread you can find good setups, mostly for qualy. Please change radiator to at least 2 or higher for other sessions than qualy. Otherwise your engine would smoke like crazy which we defined to be unfair ;)

What's the start-time now? I'm a bit confused.
Sounds like it will be normal time as Anthony cannot make it, iow practice starts and qualify at 8pm uk time.

I'm ok with dropping the 3 stop strategy.

I think we might as well do the 6 min open qualify, if for no other reason, than for fun. We are still doing super pole next season until otherwise is decided.

EDIT: I see that others have though different than me considering when to start, so the wise thing is to do what they have agreed and start 1 hour later. I'll open the server now anyway, with 2 hour practice session.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%