Test/Practise Race Bahrain 10th July

We could post some ruff info in the thread to for strategy's if needed to as its just a test n just making it easier for everyone :thumbsup:
I'm happy with whatever strategy, I think 3 stop will prove to slow but will be good to be sure and as said already after the 3 rows everyone either 1 or 2 stops would be best option.
We can also not race until round t1 let any mistakes offline and give higher stop strategy best chance as its purely focus on testing these out.
I'm fine with Anthony's 1 hr:thumbsup:

Test Race Bahrain 10th July

Car - F3000
Track - Bahrain
Duration - 67 minutes
Weather - Dry
Tyre wear - x 2
Fuel use - x 1

just to refresh this, the session info is as above, date will stay unchanged but times can be altered slightly if need be, we need everyone to agree that a 1 hour later start is fine before we go ahead, so if everyone can let us know in plenty of time please :)

the strategies used on the day are still to be arranged.........

Like i said before, i have a golf league on wednesday so this is my priority. Only thing that can allow me to race would be very intense rain :rolleyes:. And 1 hour later would be better for me too. Now i am free to do any tyres/strategy test on tuesdays or thurdays, so if someone is able and desire to do it with me i'll be pleased. ;)

Steeve

How many have MoTec data collection enabled? Would be nice to have real numerical data and we have a good chance of getting a large sample group. It would eliminate the "feel" aspect and produce full graphs.. For ex 8 drivers give me their MoTec files after the race (confidential, i will NOT look at any other parameters, i'll make a new custom MoTec profile with only tire deg+temp + ambient temp) and combine them to one graph that show exactly how tirex2 works...

Vale: i'll be there ;)

1. David Turnbull
2. Jim Hawley
3. Reik Major
4. Helder Filipe
5. Sean Greenlaw
6. Dino Paolini
7. Valerio Vinassa
8. Nicolas Rougé
9. Nicolai Nicholson
10. Anthony Ishak
11. Vincenzo Cavaliere
12. Kennett Ylitalo

EDIT: Just read the rest of the posts. If we have to switch our strategy according to grid positions (good idea) we should have 10 minute warmup on the test race to avoid mistakes.

(confidential, i will NOT look at any other parameters, i'll make a new custom MoTec profile with only tire deg+temp + ambient temp) and combine them to one graph that show exactly how tirex2 works...

Considering our 100% transaprancy policy concerning setups there should be no problem looking at whatever data you want. I can provide you with my motec-file. Personally I am only interested in the laptimes and it's development :)

download and instal motec i2 pro latest version.....

http://www.motec.com/i2/i2downloads/

install it to the default locations, after install it should place the motec data folder on your c: drive.

change your plr/cfg file lines to the following.......

MoTeC LogFolder="C:\MoTeC\Logged Data"
MoTeC Minimum Time="10" // minimum MoTeC recording time (sec)
MoTeC Multiple Logs="1" // generate unique filename for each new log

each time you set a lap a file will be saved in the logged data folder, it will be dated and timed so you'll know what session and lap its from.

you'll need to make a new project to view the data, i use one sean made so he could probably help you there. then comes the trying to interpret the info :confused: thats a diffrent story altogether :roflmao:

You don't need to install MoTec iPro2 to get telemetry files collected.. Just enable it form plr file. Only drawback is the writing operation that takes place, even when i had sub 2gHz CPU and 1gig ram when this game came out, it never caused a single stutter...

For those interested in interpreting the data, i have my open wheeler scaled profile (originally for Formula Masters) and tons of new graphs, like analyzing differentials, body roll and suspension...

I think it works with most sim games I know rf, gtr do and rf2, hopefully with rf2 and future its more relevant to have close to real life ideal setup and therefore more relevant Motec data.

I've tried to upload log files before here, but don't think you can with file even if archive with WinRAR file types are not supported. Also if I try to upload project cant upload either for same reason's.
If anyone finds a way of getting these upped or just add me to Skype I can send (PM Me), anyone can have mine if they want and look at whatever they want, I don't use it myself to change thing's in setups or to setup to what things should be in real life as don't think any of this matters really in a sim, its all to do with how it feels to you when you driving :thumbsup: I only ever make setups through trial and error method basically and looking at Reik and he hasn't ever used motec kind of backs up my idea that its 99.9% pointless.

I've only really used it to look at my projected lap time, have a quite skim through tire temps etc and also a few times comparing with David, we noticed I tend to use slight more throttle and there fore slight more fuel over a lap with same time. So just showing we have slight different driving styles.
For example with the tire temps and cambers you could adjust getting them to what they should be in real life with best contact patch and temps across tire but if you go on and go a lot faster with a lot lower pressure's and higher cambers you get the idea, maybe the correct Motec setup would possibly be a way of getting the best wear rate on the tire but this I think is usually just down to temps and how aggressive you drive it.

The % of wear in realtime or xd overlay is same value as well, so after test info from that is good enough to draw conclusions. I think and these are good and xd is all anyone really needs if you aren't already using them Richard.

Thank you for the info Nicolas! From what it sounds like I think that should feel more real to me and that's how it also appeared with the MMG F1 mod. Hopefully we get it in sync with a 2-stopper now.

Btw:
I have no problem if the outcome of tyre wear 2x would mean, that the majority drives a 2-stopper then. So like in the old days of MMG and like in real life the 1-stopper would be the option for the potential heros (like Tim once did in Monaco).

And the 1-stopper would have the advantage of blocking some 2-stoppers in the beginning of the race and maybe have a free track after his stop.

I had some free time today to do some practice at Bahrain but when I turned the computer on I got a blue screen and it did not start at all , not sure if I can fix it on time but most probably the hard drive is gone :( .

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back