1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Test 3 @ Catalunya 1st - 4th March 2012

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by James Chant, Feb 29, 2012.

1. [​IMG] Test 3 - Spain - Catalunya

1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th March 2012

Discussion thread for the final week of pre-season testing.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Testing will cease after the 4th March, until the mid-season test at Mugello
    • Like Like x 1
  3. 14:51 In this 15-lap stint, Webber has dropped just one second on the hards. That would suggest Red Bull is looking very good.

Autosport Live Timing
  4. Poor Heikki
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I know it is one day to late but since I didn't find any results of the first practice day posted I hope it is ok if I do so. :)

Source (you can also read a bit more about the drivers and teams in the source)
  6. The results from the second testing day!
  7. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

I'm interested to see what changes Red Bull have made besides their exhaust layout.
  8. The results from the third testing day!
  9. I checked the Lotus lap times and undoubtly they were doing medium compound and heavier loads.
  10. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Xose went to Barca today to watch the Formula 1. Hopefully he has taken some pictures for us :)
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Final day of practice at Barcelona!
  12. So how do we think things are stacking up for the new season, RBR look as strong as ever but i like the idea that others are alot closer then thistime last year, i hope the mclaren boys can take the fight to seb and mark. What about farrari, are they sand bagging or are they genuinely off the pace AGAIN?
  13. I believe the teams will be around equal to last year, compared to each other, with Lotus moving to 4th, maybe even third above Ferrari, with Caterham moving in front of Williams and maybe Toro Rosso.

EDIT: Also, McLaren and RB to be much closer to each other
  14. RBR and Mclaren leading, RBR slight advantage i think.
    Ferrari abit of a dark horse atm, last year they looked strong in testing but failed in Oz.
    This year they look poot but there are some anomalies to that which makes them a bit of a wild card.
    Lotus and Mercedes fighting for 4th,
    STR, Sauber leading the mid-pack, Caterham leading the garageristas ;)
  15. I'm worried for Williams. :( I remember reading on Autosport that Senna was dropping off 4s on a 15-lap run on softs - looks like a non tyre-friendly car again. Although, thinking positively - maybe it has good aero this time (thus causing more tyre wear). :D I have a feeling Sauber could struggle, and that Lotus will be quicker than Ferrari at the first couple of races again, before dropping back to a close scrap with Mercedes & F.I.
    It's all just (educated) guessing though, to be honest, is it not? :p