Test 2 @ Catalunya 21st - 24th February 2012

Maybe that is Vettel´s limit, who knows if someone else can squeeze out even more.

Maybe they can,but since the odds of finding out are slim it is save to conclude that noone can push as precise and as hard as him(atm)...his lines are the best and tidiest looking

i cetainly hope that the field comes closer together this year and McLaren are able to be evenly matched with RB,so we can get a better idea and not just McLaren clearly,but Ferrari look a bit slow right now and Merc's pace is still unknown

All these cars were in a class of their own,

1988 - Mclaren - Both titles
1989 - Mclaren - Both titles
1992 - Williams - Both titles
1993 - Williams - Both titles
2010 - Red Bull - Both titles
2011 - Red Bull - Both titles

Superior cars comes along every once in a while.
The fastest driver in that team that year will get the accolades for it.
When you have two greats it will be very close, sometimes even controversial.
When you have one great it will be utter domination.

I don't like speculating and guessing a lot, but there does seem to be a trend in this.
Although it's not a valid argument it would (hopefully) mean that a team will enjoy two consecutive seasons in which they are pretty much dominant followed by a period in which the competition finally catches up. Because of new technical advances a team like Red Bull gained a significant benefit over others whilst it takes them two years to catch up.
The diffuser of last year is gone which allows for teams like McLaren and Ferrari (hopefully Mercedes too) to sneak up and attack Red Bull. Could this then be a sign that this year we'll see lots more close racing and variation in qualification and race finish order?
I'm saying this because I hope that the 2012 season will be more exciting to watch than last year. I'm not saying the 2011 season was boring though, but it would be nice to bring the fight all the way until the last race :)
Let's hope for this trend to continue! For now we'll have to wait, see and speculate until Q1 in Melbourne ;)

Maybe they can,but since the odds of finding out are slim it is save to conclude that noone can push as precise and as hard as him(atm)...his lines are the best and tidiest looking
Umm no it´s not.
Yea between him and Webber.

The other guys in other cars have totally different cars. Corners that the RB takes flat some cars don´t.
Corners where the RB takes with DRS open other cars don´t.

The others are driving the living crap out of their machines to try and make up for the ridiculous speed deficit to the Red Bull.

I don't like speculating and guessing a lot, but there does seem to be a trend in this.
Although it's not a valid argument it would (hopefully) mean that a team will enjoy two consecutive seasons in which they are pretty much dominant followed by a period in which the competition finally catches up. Because of new technical advances a team like Red Bull gained a significant benefit over others whilst it takes them two years to catch up.
The diffuser of last year is gone which allows for teams like McLaren and Ferrari (hopefully Mercedes too) to sneak up and attack Red Bull. Could this then be a sign that this year we'll see lots more close racing and variation in qualification and race finish order?
I'm saying this because I hope that the 2012 season will be more exciting to watch than last year. I'm not saying the 2011 season was boring though, but it would be nice to bring the fight all the way until the last race :)
Let's hope for this trend to continue! For now we'll have to wait, see and speculate until Q1 in Melbourne ;)
All i can say is that i hope so.
But there is a chance that we will see RBR dominate the sport until 2014. Like Ferrari did.

If we just look at the cars you can almost see that the RBR is a few years ahead aero wise. It´s a package that has been refined over what 3 years now i think minus some sideways with EBD etc.

But the base package or philosophy Newey has created is just above everything else.
Nothing is more neat, tidy, clean, smart, efficient, it makes the Big Two look like they have no idea what they are doing.
Ferrari mostly which seems out of tune since 07-08. Mclaren always claws it´s way back up but it´s always too late.

While RBR evolves, teams like Mclaren and Ferrari (especially Ferrari) starts with a clean sheet almost.
And if you don´t get it just right it means you are screwed because you have to be in it right from Race 1.

Mclaren i think will be closest but i´m not so sure they have what it takes. I hope so, i have my money on Hamilton taking the title but he just needs a slightly quicker car in qualifying and race to have equal speed of the RBR.

My prediction is this,

RBR - Mclaren (edge to RBR)
Ferrari - Mercedes (even mostly but the hunger of Alonso keeps him ahead of both mercs.)

Umm no it´s not.
Yea between him and Webber.

The other guys in other cars have totally different cars. Corners that the RB takes flat some cars don´t.
Corners where the RB takes with DRS open other cars don´t.

The others are driving the living crap out of their machines to try and make up for the ridiculous speed deficit to the Red Bull.

i think we are switching off topic again...i didnt say other cars..just one, the RB7:)
so what im basically saying is: since we will not have two dominant drivers at RB(not in the near future) we can safely conclude that SV had the maximum measure of the RB7,but it is open to speculate that perhaps someonelse can just ever so slightly better those times in the same car,but Not Me

I like what you're saying Hampus. I think that Red Bull and McLaren will have some fierce fights for the win and occasionally a Ferrari or Mercedes will finish in the top 3. If it goes a little like that the 2012 season will at least be an improvement over 2011. Maybe no big steps, but the teams will be closing in on eachother eventually (which might indeed last until 2014 although I don't hope that) ;)

I'm confused... Were you saying that Vettel had better numbers or that he didn't because he had more races ? :confused:

Im saying that SV is the owner of the most poles in a season,but even though his percentage is only 4th best all time it could be argued as inconclusive, since the other 3drivers had only 16race seasons,meaning they could've WORSEN their percentage(as well as make it even better) in the extra 3races
Better?:)

Maybe, but how many pole did Vettel got in those 3 extra races ?

i think you should reverse the question: What would be the outcome(percentage-wise) had the other 3drivers been in a 19race seasons..better,perhaps worse,but it's inconclusive,so its hard to know what SV real pole percentage trully is compared to the other 3

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 309 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 156 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.6%