6. Michael Schumacher, Mercedes*, 1:20.794, 41 Laps
7. Kamui Kobayashi, Sauber, 1:21.353, 106 Laps
8. Jenson Button, McLaren, 1:21.530, 60 Laps
9. Felipe Massa, Ferrari, 1:22.815, 69 Laps
10. Heikki Kovalainen, Caterham, 1:23.178, 28 Laps
11. Pastor Maldonado, Williams, 1:23.371, 25 Laps
12. Pedro de la Rosa, HRT*, 1:23.676, 44 Laps
* 2011 car

I can do a short translation for this one, i'll bet none of you understood anything ;)

Kimi was pleased and said that apart for few small issues they managed to complete the planned program almost all the way thru. It certainly wasn't the worst first day but the result is not important at all.

Salo walked along different parts of the track during the day and said that Kimi was driving at the limits all the time in every corner that he saw. Other teams were doing all kinds of checks and referred to them doing "sunday driving", which almost certainly was the case. He also said that yesterday Lotus did those 22 laps and they could see from there that the car worked and they could skip those early checks that most teams were still doing today.

Keke saw Kimi in hotel yesterday and said that he was as happy as we are for his comeback and seemed to be relaxed.

Kovalainen explained the issue with the starter shaft. It was the fitting in the end of the shaft where the starter usually links to. It started to slip and finally the starter motor cleaned the fitting completely flat. He said that it ain't that big a deal to fix but it delayed the rest of the program until tomorrow. He didn't said anything about how the car felt as there really wasn't good opportunity to evalued it yet.

My mom has a friend that is a BOSS at talking fake finnish :)
He made two finns doubt one time and they first wondered if he was from some remote part of Finland haha :)
It sounds exactly like finnish but really is mumbo jumbo.

Wish my mom taught me Finnish, think it would have done good to know another language.

Good to see atleast one other car having a normal nose.

Ef9N4.jpg

Just to give an idea of how much teams are from the actual potential of the car,​
Barrichello did a 1.19.8 last year as the fastest time at Jerez.​
2nd was Kamui +0.769, 3rd was Alonso +1.242.
These were the absolute fastest times in Jerez so it should give an idea of how little the testing means ;)

Also Shcumacher's time is nothing less than what you'd expect, after a year's worth of development time on that car. He should actually get up to 1.17's.

Also, last year it was raining in Jerez most of the testing, so yes, these times mean squat.

Its just a test. The teams don't want to give anything away at this stage so nobody is using their full potential. Still very nice that the season has now finally started :) Bring on 2012 F1

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back