Tempted!

Good evening!

Well somehow I heard there was a new release of BTB and that there might even be a discount going on, and I have been meaning to have a go it this for a long time. However, predictably, I have a couple of questions:

Firstly, I'm aware of the potential Windows issues (Win7 64-bit here), so I was hoping to try the demo first. That doesn't seem to be an option right now (I assume because of the new release, and there not currently being a demo of the latest version?). I don't suppose the previous version demo is mirrored anywhere? It might be discounted, but I'd still rather not shell out for a thing that isn't going to work on my machinery :)

Secondly, if all goes to plan I'd love to put my (likely poorly made and not for public consumption) creations into Assetto Corsa. Until Kunos release more information I'm assuming it's hard to know much just now, but would Pro be the best option? Until then, however, my 'main game' is Race07. How much potential is there for crossing over there? I've done a bit of reading here and it seems not too promising (undriveable textures etc) - I guess I should go for Pro and just get rFactor as well. Can anyone advise me there?

Thanks all.

Good evening!
Firstly, I'm aware of the potential Windows issues (Win7 64-bit here), so I was hoping to try the demo first. That doesn't seem to be an option right now (I assume because of the new release, and there not currently being a demo of the latest version?). I don't suppose the previous version demo is mirrored anywhere? It might be discounted, but I'd still rather not shell out for a thing that isn't going to work on my machinery :)

I have only ever used BTB on Windows Vista 32-bit and more recently Windows 7 64-bit, and I've never encountered any issues personally. A demo won't show you if the problem will affect you or not because it's a problem with the licensing system, which obviously doesn't play a role until a license is purchesed. However, very few people have ever encountered an issue specifically because they're using Vista or 7 as far as I know.

In saying all this, the new version of BTB is supposed to fix all of these issues (as it is now being developed on W7 rather than XP).

Good evening!
Secondly, if all goes to plan I'd love to put my (likely poorly made and not for public consumption) creations into Assetto Corsa. Until Kunos release more information I'm assuming it's hard to know much just now, but would Pro be the best option? Until then, however, my 'main game' is Race07. How much potential is there for crossing over there? I've done a bit of reading here and it seems not too promising (undriveable textures etc) - I guess I should go for Pro and just get rFactor as well. Can anyone advise me there?

I can't say too much on this because we don't know too much about adding tracks to AC at the moment. What we do know is that the modding tools which will be provided will accept tracks in the .fbx format, which a BTB track can later be converted to. I don't know whether using Pro or Evo will make much of a difference here, however Pro does export to a DirectX format which may or may not be useful. IMHO though if you don't have rFactor I would just go for Evo and do the conversions later via 3DSimEd and other programs.

Regarding BTB Pro problems, I don't know anything about them.

I've also had no problems with Win7 64bit. To be safe, you can set the setup exe and the BTB exe to "run as administrator" and then it's sure to install and run correctly. Aside from that, BTB is totally worth the price - endless fun to be had. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back