Temperature sensors - weird readings.

I'm a bit confused about two of the sensors in my new computer. It's actually showing that something is getting hotter really, really fast. However, i don't know what it is.

MpFKc.jpg

YIbKI.jpg

(Purple graph, first picture.)

After 3 benchmark sessions in F1 2011, it's looking like this.

UI2i2.jpg

(Khaki graph - purple graph is staying down.)

Any ideas?

Edit #1: the khaki graph is apparently the GTX680, confirmed by SpeedFan. Now for the purple one...

Your video card will heat up quickly when playing a game. Mine stays at around 55 C when on the internet, but when playing a more graphically demanding game like F1 2011, BF3, CoDMW3 etc. it will get up to 105 C (yes that's too hot I know, my card is old) or even more really fast. When you close the game it will cool down quickly because the fan can catch up. It's only getting up to 75 degrees by what I can see which is perfectly normal for a video card. 90+ is when you should start to look at it.

Indeed, I'm aware of that - thing is, why would a second sensor suddenly skyrocket? I start to think that WebTemp might've shown them under 2 different names when they are in fact the very same ones. That'd make perfect sense. :)

When you're on the internet the video card does almost nothing, but as soon as you open a game it's doing everything it can to run it smoothly therefore the temperature goes up rapidly. As I said, the video card will function properly and not be damaged at all if it's at 75 degrees.

Uhm, I didn't said it would. I said the sensors might be mixed up. Anyway, it's working and that's all that counts.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back