1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Temp issues, or OS issues?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mark Birney, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Herro guys,

Had my computer for a few months now, running Win7RC and it been good. I get the occasional bluescreen when playing games like GTA4 (texture hungry games, so my first thought is GPU issue).

But yeah, I was thinking temperature issues, because, running it at 3.6ghz for a while now, the CPU temps can range from 35-45 on idle (they went to 45 today, have no idea why, like 5 degrees hotter than normal) and GPU between 45-50 on idle. When running a game, they can go at most 10 degrees higher. Are these normal? And should I be worries about the odd bluescreen?

Anyway, the real point of this thread is Win7 optimisation: could it be the cause of the system instability? I say this because my father's work laptop is running Win7 and he just got a random bluescreen the other day. Was only running IE and it just seized up on him.

Thanks for reading.

2. Your CPU temps sound ok, 55C load?

Whats your specs?

3. Oops, my bad.
    i7 920 D0 @ 3.6ghz (180x20)
    6GB RAM
    HD4890 2gb
    750w PSU

I made a mistake with the temps. The program I was using is innacurate. I used a different program and tested with Unreal Tournament 3. Idle the temps are actually averaging 55 degrees and load they were 60 degrees I think.

4. Use http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php

Monitor temps do gaming session check max temps.

Could be a driver issue though, but check temps with that to.

But those temps above are good.

5. temps are fine... Intel CPU will shut down the system if the processor overheats..

6. same for amd as well, its what I run and it shuts down at a certain temp.

guy above is right, hwmonitor is great, much better than coretemp.

7. Installed Win7 64 release version, so should be in tip-top shape now.