Tell me more about rFactor?

Okay guys, i joined here as I have an xbox and f1 2010/2011.

I recently bought a racing seat and steering wheel.Had great fun.

However, the rFactor seems to have more versatility and I'm tempted by the world of rFactor!

So here are some questions - maybe you guys can answer them for me?

Q1. Once you have purchased the game on cd/dvd, do you have to pay monthly amounts for additional games (e.g. f1, stock cars) or mods? If so, how much/what do you get?

Q2. Do all you pros have the rfactor linked to t'v/large screens? What monitor/gaming setup do you have?

Q3. Is there lag during online races or many disconnection problems?

Q4. For a newb like me, how much would it cost to get the rfactor and decent steering wheel in order to play online races?

Thanks again for any help!:D

Q1. Once you have purchased the game on cd/dvd, do you have to pay monthly amounts for additional games (e.g. f1, stock cars) or mods? If so, how much/what do you get?

You do not have to pay. All the mods are user & community creations, and are free to download. If you are paying, you are being scammed.

Q2. Do all you pros have the rfactor linked to t'v/large screens? What monitor/gaming setup do you have?

You will find a wide variety of equipment; those who can afford it may have motion simulators with three screens, and there are simple users like me who just have an old PC with a 19" monitor.

Q3. Is there lag during online races or many disconnection problems?

There can be, but online play is usually pretty solid. No online game can ever be perfect, and rFactor is no different...but it is fairly reliable.

Q4. For a newb like me, how much would it cost to get the rfactor and decent steering wheel in order to play online races?

Besides the cost of the game, you can get a wheel fairly inexpensively. I haven't looked at available wheels and pricing in quite a while, but I paid about $150 for my Logitech wheel when I bought it a few years ago. I know they have a wheel for around that price, and it's also possible to find good controllers for less.

Thanks again for any help!:D

Hope that helps out a bit :p

you are a star man. Thank you so much!

It may be a while but i will save up and buy a wheel .i could go out tomorrow and buy one but its not long since i had to splash out £500 on a new head gasket so i best be careful.lol cheers!

Yes mate. I bought it and prefer the gameplay to f1 2011 on xbox. i also downloaded the simsync thing with mods for fone2008. much better than demo.

however, i just want to join some kind of pro am club with f1 style cars and i can't see any events other than a league :-(

RFactor Racing Club here is running the GP2 2011 mod at this time. It is a very good mod! DL it and give it a try, i think you will like it. I'm pretty certain that a F1 Club Race will return so hang tough and enjoy the game. Oh i highly recommend the F1 1992 mod as well, Aryton Senna and McLaren man!:)

RFactor Racing Club here is running the GP2 2011 mod at this time. It is a very good mod! DL it and give it a try, i think you will like it. I'm pretty certain that a F1 Club Race will return so hang tough and enjoy the game. Oh i highly recommend the F1 1992 mod as well, Aryton Senna and McLaren man!:)

ty mate. much appreciated. don't suppose you have the link for the gp2 2011 racing club thread?

i must try a live connection first as i haven't even tried multiplayer.
the offline races seem rubbish tho.lol always a yellow flag and 5 laps.

yes, 1992 sounds great. senna and mansell eh?lol them were the days

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 110 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 83 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.5%
  • < 5 years