Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Application 2.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi everybody,
I have a problem I would like to comment here. I play Codemasters F1 2013 and own a SLI-Pro display from Leo Bodnar, which I control using SLIMaxMngr (the EKSimracing software by Zappadoc). I have configured the hardware_settings_config.xml in the /MyGames/FormulaOne2013/hardwaresettings folder like this:

<motion enabled="true" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" delay="1" extradata="3" />

as it should be (also tried with extradata=”2”, with the same result). Both SLIMaxMngr and the telemetry software work fine for me when used SEPARATELY, but I am having problems when trying to use them together.

I have configured the telemetry software with an in_port=2077 and an out_1 port=40555 (set to “true” and with IP: 127.0.0.1) in the settings.xml file. Then I configured the F1 2013 plugin in the SLIMaxMngr software with an in_port = 40555 and an IP of 127.0.0.1 to match the out_port from the telemetry software. The result is that the telemetry works perfect and the SLI-Pro unit does indeed receive data, but the problem is that the data fed to the SLI-Pro is incomplete: revlights, lap number and gear work fine, but KERS, position, DRS, laptimes and other parameters are not correctly fed to SLIMaxMngr and are not displayed at all.

If I try a different strategy and use the CMPS (CodeMastersProxyServer, also from EKSimRacing, which receives the data from F1 2013 and splits it to different devices), it does not work at all. With the CMPS open, the telemetry tool does not even start (I click on the telemetry.jar icon to open the program… and nothing happens!).

Hi everybody,

In regard to the problem I mentioned before (telemetry tool and SLIMaxMng - to control Leo Bodnar's SLIPro display - being incompatible), version 2.1 of the telemetry solved the problem. Now it works!! :). If I open CMPS I still cannot open the telemetry software, but it does not matter now: if I configure the telemetry software to send the data (through the out port) to SLIMaxMng, the display now shows the data wonderfully. Now SLIMaxMng receives the correct data from the telemetry software.

Problem solved ;-). Iko, thanks for the update and for your software. It really adds a new dimension to F1 2013. Thanks for your work!

I am just wondering, if anyone is using the embedded http server in the Telemetry Application? If yes, do you find it useful and have you done your own html/ajax pages, which you use?

Hello. I am using it as an information screen on my tablet, with information from my current lap compared to the best and latest lap and get an overview of my last laps. All this information is displayed by sector.

I would also like save the lap times in a online database and use it in my league to record the times of all cars and even to access a complete classification in real time (obviously, every player should install the application).

I would also like to control from steering wheel the information displayed on the tablet (time panel or classification panel), but I have not found a way to do it.

Thanks Iko by the application, is great.

Last edited:
I would also like to control from steering wheel the information displayed on the tablet (time panel or classification panel), but I have not found a way to do it.

I have been playing bit more with the new data and I think I have managed to make the system to automatically detect the event (i.e. race, quali/practice or timetrial/racenet/time attack). I could make the app use following system
  • if you are in an online race, and the event changes to quali, if changes to online quali and from online quali then back to online race. Same for offline race, i.e. cycle between quali and race.
  • If the system detects, you are not in race/quali, it selects time_trial as the event.
Would this solution help you?

I have been playing bit more with the new data and I think I have managed to make the system to automatically detect the event (i.e. race, quali/practice or timetrial/racenet/time attack). I could make the app use following system
  • if you are in an online race, and the event changes to quali, if changes to online quali and from online quali then back to online race. Same for offline race, i.e. cycle between quali and race.
  • If the system detects, you are not in race/quali, it selects time_trial as the event.
Would this solution help you?

It would help to JSON/laptimes take into account only the current event and returned only their laps. For example, race should not generate qualifying times.

It would be interesting /JSON/speeddiff also compare with the best lap time in the current event. For example race or qualification you can see your progress in real time without waiting for the next sector.

Finally, do you know if there are any telemetry parameters which have no impact on driving and that could be used from the steering wheel to control the information displayed in the application? I mean, if i press a button on the steering wheel (look at a hand, clutch?, newField parameters,...) changes the value of a parameter of the telemetry and then the application to change your status.

Thank you.

It would help to JSON/laptimes take into account only the current event and returned only their laps. For example, race should not generate qualifying times.

It would be interesting /JSON/speeddiff also compare with the best lap time in the current event. For example race or qualification you can see your progress in real time without waiting for the next sector.

Finally, do you know if there are any telemetry parameters which have no impact on driving and that could be used from the steering wheel to control the information displayed in the application? I mean, if i press a button on the steering wheel (look at a hand, clutch?, newField parameters,...) changes the value of a parameter of the telemetry and then the application to change your status.

Thank you.

Adding new feed for the current event/session time/speed difference data for JSON is easy to do. So adding that with the automatic detection of the event, would limit the data to the current event and would remove the need to change events in the application. I will be traveling next few days and might look into this, if I have some free time.

And I don't think you can use the steering wheel buttons to transfer data via the telemetry to the telemetry application, as only things changing the telemetry data directly are the KERS, DRS + controls. I have managed to map they keyboard keys to G27 shift stick to change fuel modes etc., but I think you would need some 3rd party software to do that, and I am not sure such thing exits.

And I don't think you can use the steering wheel buttons to transfer data via the telemetry to the telemetry application, as only things changing the telemetry data directly are the KERS, DRS + controls. I have managed to map they keyboard keys to G27 shift stick to change fuel modes etc., but I think you would need some 3rd party software to do that, and I am not sure such thing exits.

I think just like you. I will investigate.

Thank you.

Hi, I have the mod installed and everything but am having trouble editing the line in the hardware_settings_config.xml in browser. I edit it fine and save it but when I refresh it remains as before. Please help as this is getting very annoying, thanks.

Hi, I have the mod installed and everything but am having trouble editing the line in the hardware_settings_config.xml in browser. I edit it fine and save it but when I refresh it remains as before. Please help as this is getting very annoying, thanks.

Use notepad (or notepad++) for the editing.

Big fan of this app, I use it all the time but exclusively for time trial mode only.

Quick question, how do I know if a previous lap was an invalid lap in time trial mode?

When reviewing the laps displayed under the Race Info tab, the overall lap time is always displayed 'black' even though I've completed invalid laps and new fastest laps. Purple sectors are displayed. Compared to the screen capture in the overview of the app on these forums, when racing it shows green laps and a purple lap.

Is it possible for similar color coding in time trial mode?

Thanks.

Big fan of this app, I use it all the time but exclusively for time trial mode only.

Quick question, how do I know if a previous lap was an invalid lap in time trial mode?

Is it possible for similar color coding in time trial mode?

Thanks.

The telemetry feed doesn't provide the data if the last lap was invalid or not or if the current lap is valid/invalid, thus the application cannot detect that. So what I actually do, is that if for some reason during the lap the lap gets invalidated, I lift gas and let the ghost go by and only then start pushing again. This way I don't mess with the fastest sectors etc.

//Cheers.

If someone is willing to give a test for new 2.2, please ping me.

I have new version, which automatically detects events (e.g. changes between online quali and online race) + added new experimental "DriverDNA" panel. I have been testing the tool on online races etc., but it would not hurt to do some more testing. so the final version would be as solid as possible.

So as said, if you want to give the latest release candidate for 2.2 a test run, send me a pm.

//Cheers.

Yes, I will release it-

Over the weekend I had hard time on finding online races with one-shot quali, but I managed to find some and fixed the remaining small issues. I just want to test it bit longer mainly in online races to ensure, the automatic game mode detection works in those modes 100%.

//Cheers

Last edited:
Iko Rein updated Telemetry Application with a new update entry:

New version of the Telemetry application. Now with automatic event detection

New functionality
  • Automatic event detection as follows
    • Race -> Quali -> Race
    • Online Race -> Online Quali
    • If user has chosen an event, the system will default to that, e.g. Scenario mode is like race, but if you have chosen that, the system will use it
    • Default mode is Time Trial
  • New telemetry graphs
    • suspension movement and speed
    • KERS on
  • By default use the laptimes and sector times from the game
  • DriverDNA tab for checking your...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have one problem when for example I'm driving a race and going out of the game can see the lap times but when I restart telemetry application, and load time from lap times but nothing shows

I have one problem when for example I'm driving a race and going out of the game can see the lap times but when I restart telemetry application, and load time from lap times but nothing shows

If you restart the telemetry application e.g. during a race, the tool will not load the old laps, so you cannot see the telemetry data from the laps before the restart.

This is because the game sends out data in packets, (actually about 60 packets per second) and the telemetry application reads those packets an uses the packets to display the data. If you restart the telemetry application, it doesn't receive the packets created/sent prior the restart, thus those packets are "lost". This happens e.g. if you use the mid-session saves.

//cheers

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 198 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 196 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years