Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Application 2.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
I realize it is an INCREDIBLY long shot but I just feel compelled to ask because for me is inconceivable how a company can create an F1 game without telemetry. Is there any way we can see such software for telemetry with the Xbox version of the game? Possibly with smartphone/tablet using Android or maybe the principle programs like TVErsity use - sharing data over Wi-fi.

I am pretty much aware that there is no chance of this happening (especially since it's Java-based) but I figured that you brilliant brain can come up with something.

And lastly, your software looks amazing. You did a fantastic job.

I realize it is an INCREDIBLY long shot but I just feel compelled to ask because for me is inconceivable how a company can create an F1 game without telemetry. Is there any way we can see such software for telemetry with the Xbox version of the game? Possibly with smartphone/tablet using Android or maybe the principle programs like TVErsity use - sharing data over Wi-fi.

And lastly, your software looks amazing. You did a fantastic job.

First, thank you for the nice words.

Regarding xbox. I don't have xbox and I don't know, if you can edit files in xbox (and especially the f1 2013 configuration files). I also don't know, if the files are the same between xbox & PC version, but my guess is that they are the same, thus there should be the hardware_settings_config.xml file somewhere. If there is that file and there is a way to edit that file to enable the telemetry feed via it, then you could direct the telemetry feed to e.g. a laptop within your home network and then run my application there.

So there are many unknowns. If someone knows the answers, that would be great.

//Cheers

Oh, I am a complete noob when it comes to editing anything other than cropping and resizing pictures:roflmao: I've patched my PES 2013 via a USB stick (basically editing the file on your PC and then import it to the EggBox so it replaces the original), so I think that's the obvious way. I have no idea how, or if it's even possible to feed the data through Wi-Fi but I think it is. The software I mentioned, TVErvesity, basically shares your video files on the network and since obviously my EggBox is connected to the same network it streams them from there. Also, there's the potential issue that the game might not work online if some of the files are edited.

Maybe some talented programmer can do it, hopefully.

And just to emphasized how utterly ridiculous CM's decision to not include telemetry in the game I'll say it again:roflmao:

And a question regarding your software - does it also generate telemetry for AI cars? I'm just curious because I'm almost 100% sure that the AI uses assists as I have never seen them lock up no matter what and in the street circuits like Monaco and Singapore you can hear their engines revving up like crazy out of slow corners with a complete disregard of traction yet they have no tyre troubles nor lack of traction out of the corners.

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Application with a new update entry:

New version with KERS/DRS/Fuel usage data

Hello,

I have learned that since the F1 2012 final version there has been an option to export KERS/DRS/Fuel data from the Codemasters F1 games.

I have now updated my Telemetry application to take advantage to this.

In order to fully use the new telemetry feed, you must edit the hardware_settings_config.xml (in <My Games>\FormulaOne2013) and change extradata="1" to extradata="2".

Due to the changes in the feed, here is list of some of the new functionality added to the 2.0 version....

Read the rest of this update entry...

plzz can you help me i dnt knw hw to install this mod

Please see the ReadMe.txt.

1. First, you must have Java installed.
  2. Then just unzip the Telemetry_2.0.zip where you want to.
  3. Then modify the hardware_settings_config.xml (as explained in the ReadMe.txt).
  4. Then double-click the Telemetry.jar in the directory, where you unzipped the package.
  5. And finally start F1 201x and enter e.g. Time Trial. If the previous steps were done correctly, you will see e.g. in the first panel the Telemetry graphs.
Cheers.

Congrats for the excellent job! A request if possible.
The program stores data for Best Lap and sectors from Best lap.
Can you do it to store data for best sectors from any Lap? Thx.

Congrats for the excellent job! A request if possible.
The program stores data for Best Lap and sectors from Best lap.
Can you do it to store data for best sectors from any Lap? Thx.

The application can already now save laptimes + sector times into a file in 'laptimes' directory, i.e. the same data you see in Race Info. You can do the save anytime by clicking 'S' in Race Info panel or it does the save also if you change track. This functionality is on by default.

If you mean keeping a database of all laptimes and sector times done, I have thought of this, but the issue is I cannot detect track or event type automatically. Thus if you forget to change the track or event the laptimes are stored under wrong track and event messing all data.

Cheers.

The application can already now save laptimes + sector times into a file in 'laptimes' directory, i.e. the same data.....
Cheers.
Maybe I was not so clear.Whenever I open the program in Race info tab
i see my Best Laptime and sector times S1 S2 S3.I'd like whenever i open the
program in Race info tab to see my best sector times not only the sector times
from best lap time.

Hi Iko, first of all great job! Your software is amazing...it helps me to improve my performance!

I have only one question: in the past I used v1.02 and in "Race Info" laptimes slid automatically when the rectangle in the lower left was full and I can check only the newest laps...now, if I understand correctly, I'm obliged to use arrow up/arrow down to scroll the laptimes from lap number 1. Is there any setting to get back the auto-scroll like in v1.02 or now the only possibility is the manual-scroll??

Sorry for my english, I'm from Italy and I'm trying my best ;)

Maybe I was not so clear.Whenever I open the program in Race info tab
i see my Best Laptime and sector times S1 S2 S3.I'd like whenever i open the
program in Race info tab to see my best sector times not only the sector times
from best lap time.

This could be a logical extension of the 'Theoretical best' time feature, that is now shown only for the times within same session in Race info tab. I think the problem here would be, if you don't remember to change the event type/track, you would lose the sector times or they would be for wrong event/track.

I will think of this a bit.

EDIT: I added this functionality to the new version 2.1.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi Iko, first of all great job! Your software is amazing...it helps me to improve my performance!

I have only one question: in the past I used v1.02 and in "Race Info" laptimes slid automatically when the rectangle in the lower left was full and I can check only the newest laps...now, if I understand correctly, I'm obliged to use arrow up/arrow down to scroll the laptimes from lap number 1. Is there any setting to get back the auto-scroll like in v1.02 or now the only possibility is the manual-scroll??

I guess this could be handy, thus I have added this feature to my test version, i.e. you can toggle the list to automatically scroll or to show the laps from the start and then use cursor keys to scroll the times. And if you have the automatic scroll on, when lap changes, the times would always scroll to bottom. And I made this to be on by default.

I have the new version under testing as I managed to find a way to automatically detect the tracks. This broke some things, so I need to test that the fixes work. I hope to make new release in the very near term. So the autoscroll will be in the version, when it gets released.

Cheers.

I guess this could be handy, thus I have added this feature to my test version, i.e. you can toggle the list to automatically scroll or to show the laps from the start and then use cursor keys to scroll the times. And if you have the automatic scroll on, when lap changes, the times would always scroll to bottom. And I made this to be on by default.

I have the new version under testing as I managed to find a way to automatically detect the tracks. This broke some things, so I need to test that the fixes work. I hope to make new release in the very near term. So the autoscroll will be in the version, when it gets released.

Cheers.

Ok, great news! Automatic scroll is so handy during the race...thanks and once again great job!

Hi everybody,

First of all, I want to say a big THANK YOU to Iko Rein for developing such a wonderful telemetry tool. It really adds a lot to games that do not include in-game telemetry.

I have a problem I would like to comment here. I play Codemasters F1 2013 and own a SLI-Pro display from Leo Bodnar, which I control using SLIMaxMngr (the EKSimracing software by Zappadoc). I have configured the hardware_settings_config.xml in the /MyGames/FormulaOne2013/hardwaresettings folder like this:

<motion enabled="true" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" delay="1" extradata="3" />

as it should be (also tried with extradata=”2”, with the same result). Both SLIMaxMngr and the telemetry software work fine for me when used SEPARATELY, but I am having problems when trying to use them together.

I have configured the telemetry software with an in_port=2077 and an out_1 port=40555 (set to “true” and with IP: 127.0.0.1) in the settings.xml file. Then I configured the F1 2013 plugin in the SLIMaxMngr software with an in_port = 40555 and an IP of 127.0.0.1 to match the out_port from the telemetry software. The result is that the telemetry works perfect and the SLI-Pro unit does indeed receive data, but the problem is that the data fed to the SLI-Pro is incomplete: revlights, lap number and gear work fine, but KERS, position, DRS, laptimes and other parameters are not correctly fed to SLIMaxMngr and are not displayed at all.

If I try a different strategy and use the CMPS (CodeMastersProxyServer, also from EKSimRacing, which receives the data from F1 2013 and splits it to different devices), it does not work at all. With the CMPS open, the telemetry tool does not even start (I click on the telemetry.jar icon to open the program… and nothing happens!).

Has somebody here had this kind of problem? There must be something I am doing wrong… I would appreciate some help. Cheers!

First of all, I want to say a big THANK YOU to Iko Rein for developing such a wonderful telemetry tool. It really adds a lot to games that do not include in-game telemetry.
Thank you for the nice words.

I have a problem I would like to comment here. I play Codemasters F1 2013 and own a SLI-Pro display from Leo Bodnar, which I control using SLIMaxMngr (the EKSimracing software by Zappadoc). I have configured the hardware_settings_config.xml in the /MyGames/FormulaOne2013/hardwaresettings folder like this:.

Has somebody here had this kind of problem? There must be something I am doing wrong… I would appreciate some help. Cheers!

I don't know the answer, but I will send you a PM and if we can find a solution, we can post it here.

With the forwarded UDP packets, the application doen't change anything, it just reads the data and pushes it to the OUT_IP addresses. The packet size might increase, but I have now fixed that for the upcoming version too.

//Cheers

Last edited:
Iko Rein updated Telemetry Application with a new update entry:

New version with automatic track detection and better fuel usage data

Hello,

Now I have played bit more with the F1 2013 datafeed with extradata="2". and extradata="3" values in hardware_settings_config.xml.

Based on this, in the new version there are:
  • Automatic track detection (all tracks including Classic). I found this really handy e.g. in short online races, as the tool automatically changes tracks, so you can just stay in the game all the time.
  • Fuel usage/excess fuel left for race (+ FP & Q). For race (online and offline) it...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Some notes on the Fuel usage data in the 'Race Info'.

First, I typically use the 'Race Info' tab, when I am racing. I typically set the 'Telemetry' tab to show fastest lap + previous lap (prev. lap), so I can quickly see, why the previous lap was slower/faster.

If you set the event to be 'Race' (key 'e' changes this), then in the 'Race Info' tab's top right you see:
  • Fuel left for race: this is actually adjusted so, that if 0 is actually 1 kg left, but when there is <1kg left fuel, the revs are limited and seriously limited when there <0.1 kg left, thus the factual limit is actually 1kg. So if at the start of the race there is 20kg of fuel, the amount shown is actually 19.
  • Fuel left per lap: this is the fuel left divided by distance left, except for the last lap the application shows all fuel left
  • Average fuel usage per lap: This is calculated on how far you have driven and how much fuel you have used.
  • Fuel usage bar: The bar shows in comparison how much fuel there is left per lap vs. fuel usage per lap this far. So if it is green, you have some excess fuel, if it is red, you need to save fuel at some point. On the first lap the fuel usage is much greater due to the start, thus it will take bit more driving to really see, where you stand with regard to the fuel usage. The red/green coloring makes is easy to manage engine modes during the race.
  • Excess fuel: This shows how much extra fuel you have available. This is technically a number for the above bar, but in my testing I found out that a number here makes it easiest to optimize the fuel usage at the final stages of the race. optimally at the end of the race this is 0 as well as fuel left.
Here is a screen capture:
RaceInfo_fuel.png

I hope this helps you guys.

//Cheers

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 243 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.3%
  • < 3 years