Resource icon

Misc Telemetry application 0.99

Login or Register an account to download this content
Not sure if anyone's already asked about this, but - since you set the IP of the machine that runs the app, does sending/receiving the telemetry data work over LAN? I don't have a second monitor and running it on my notebook would be helpful :)

EDIT: Why am I asking instead of trying it out on my own? :laugh:

Not sure if anyone's already asked about this, but - since you set the IP of the machine that runs the app, does sending/receiving the telemetry data work over LAN? I don't have a second monitor and running it on my notebook would be helpful :)

EDIT: Why am I asking instead of trying it out on my own? :laugh:

You could just add the notebook's ip address to the hardware_settings_config.xml and then F1 201x will send the data to that address and you can run the telemetry app in notebook. I think in your case that would be the easiest. This is what I have done in the past.

(More exotic way would be to run my app on both computers and use my app to forward the packets to the notebook).

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. BUT... it doesn't work in my case. Seems like something (the router?) is blocking that kind of direct communication over LAN.
It might also be the system firewall... :unsure: I haven't had much time for testing yesterday, so I'll investigate tonight.

Totally dont understand how use this. Launch program, then launch game? I see only empty white window. How program receiving live data?
hardware_settings_config edited. I have this line -
<motion enabled="true" ip="dbox" port="20777" delay="1" extradata="1"

Totally dont understand how use this. Launch program, then launch game? I see only empty white window. How program receiving live data?
hardware_settings_config edited. I have this line -
<motion enabled="true" ip="dbox" port="20777" delay="1" extradata="1"
Change the that to ip="127.0.0.1"

I really don't know, as I haven't tested such a setup.
I use two screen setup, but with one 1920x1200 and one 1024x1280 (portrait mode) and I run the app on the portrait screen and F1 2012 on the bigger screen.
oh i ment when my friend plays with me on one PC. We tried it today but it showed only player one. Is possible to show both?

oh i ment when my friend plays with me on one PC. We tried it today but it showed only player one. Is possible to show both?
I guess that data feed from a split-screen would be from one player only. I looked at the config files and could not find quick solution.
After racing split screen, does your hardware_settings_config.xml get modified with new line like <motion2 ... > ? If it does, then that might be the way to enable it. If not, then at least at the moment I don't know, how to solve this.

I guess that data feed from a split-screen would be from one player only. I looked at the config files and could not find quick solution.
After racing split screen, does your hardware_settings_config.xml get modified with new line like <motion2 ... > ? If it does, then that might be the way to enable it. If not, then at least at the moment I don't know, how to solve this.
yes only for player one.
I checked hardware_settings_config.xml and there´s nothing new.
But if you don´t know how to do it or you don´t want to spend time it´s okay. it is not needed

Hey there, I'm currently doing a series on youtube where I play career mode with no hud/osd and i have to rely on my real life engineers to give me information, by looking at the live telemetry that you made.

But I need you to make some changes if that is possible?

• The live telemetry doesn't have fuel, tyre wear and temperature info.
  • Also it doesn't have any track info for example, positions of everyone on the grid and what lap times they are getting.
  • Finally, would it be possible to get all of the menus on one window, instead of clicking on map, statistcs and race info all the time because the engineers cant control anything since they are watching on skype because im racing and i dont have 3 hands!

Please reply soon.

Thanks
Michael Macedo
Aka MickeyMoTiOnZ
http://www.youtube.com/MickeyMoTiOnZ
Twitter @MickeyMoTiOnZ

But I need you to make some changes if that is possible?

• The live telemetry doesn't have fuel, tyre wear and temperature info.
  • Also it doesn't have any track info for example, positions of everyone on the grid and what lap times they are getting.
  • Finally, would it be possible to get all of the menus on one window, instead of clicking on map, statistcs and race info all the time because the engineers cant control anything since they are watching on skype because im racing and i dont have 3 hands!

I am using just the telemetry output from the game. For F1 201x (and other Codemasters' games) the output is quite limited. Some of the data you see in my program is calculated on the fly based on the output data.

To have the fuel, tyre wear and temperature, one would need to write a dll to get that data from the game. Same applies for the other cars' data, as the ouput from the game is for your car only.

To have a condensed tab containing all data (or key data), that could be done. For it I would need to understand, what data you would need to be in such special tab. The original idea was to have the 'race info' to be such page.

But if you know your engineers IP, you could forward the data to their IP address and they could use my tool and do the analysis on their own. You can enable that via the settings.xml file.

Cheers.

If I paid you £10 to do it for me and get the other cars data, fuel and do the forwarding stuff for me. Would you do it??
I am sorry, but I don't have any knowledge on how to create the .dll, i.e. for other car data, like fuel left or tyre temperature etc. so I cannot do it. If you find someone who knows, how to create the .dll for the extra data and is willing to create one, then I can make my software to use the.dll. For the forwarding, just check the 'Redirecting UDP feed' section in the help file in the program (press F1 to read it).

Hi Iko,
Can this be used on f1 2013?

I don't know, as I don't have yet 2013.

But if someone has checked/can check, whether the configuration files for 2013 are similar as in previous versions (2010-2012), i.e. they allow exporting the data feed. If that is the case, then my guess is, it should work.

//Iko

Last edited:
Iko Rein updated Telemetry application for F1201x with a new update entry:

Update Telemetry app for F1 2013

I have now updated my Telemetry app.

# What is new in 1.0
=========================
- New F1 2013 Standard and Classic tracks added. The application is now designed to be used with F1 2013. It works with earlier versions too, but the track data is based on F1 2013.
- In race info panel there is now graphical display for the laptimes.
- Comparison map panel. With this panel you can compare two laps for speed,
gears, throttle & braking.
- In the map panels you can use keys to move/zoom/rotate...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back