Technology Preview - Time Attack - Top 30 Leaderboard

So... to kill some time i decided to make a Top 30 board for all RD members.
To get your time official you need to make a post and post a screenshot/video of the time.

Car - Lotus Elise SC
Track - Magione

edit: nevermind, people will never learn.
1.23.456 - Hampus Andersson
*picture or video*

Do not edit your own post telling me you have updated it with a new time, make a new post.

1. 1.21.813 - William Levesque
  2. 1.21.942 - Martin Kroenke
  3. 1.22.203 - Luca Sodano
  4. 1.22.248 - Requiem84
  5. 1.22.272 - Luke Russell
  6. 1.22.320 - Tariq Gamil
  7. 1.22.434 - Aleksi Elomaa
  8. 1.22.482 - tHenOrthfACe
  9. 1.22.536 - Jan Coomans
  10. 1.22.536 - Arkadiusz Wawrzyniak
  11. 1.22.557 - 6e66o
  12. 1.22.563 - Hampus Andersson
  13. 1.22.602 - Graham Byford
  14. 1.22.647 - Maciej Dolinski
  15. 1.22.779 - Mitja Bonca
  16. 1.22.785 - TLiivo
  17. 1.22.824 - Pablo Lopez
  18. 1.22.872 - BaldApe
  19. 1.22.938 - nijeat
  20. 1.22.974 - Lee Ross
  21. 1.22.974 - Craig Booth
  22. 1.23.052 - Salajutsu
  23. 1.23.082 - Dino Paolini
  24. 1.23.145 - Marcel Pfister
  25. 1.23.199 - Tony Rickard
  26. 1.23.232 - JvMr
  27. 1.23.256 - Michael Hornbuckle
  28. 1.23.301 - Jack Sargent
  29. 1.23.304 - Maciej Dolinski (with aids)
  30. 1.23.310 - Manuel Darin

I know this problem... ~1:26.5 and can't break into 1.25... but damn this game is good.

AF x16, AA x8, medium shadows, low/3x cube map, 1280x1024, hdr on... 90fps.
on 5850, 4gb ddr2 800 and... intel pentium dc e5200 @3.15ghz.

Managed to knock another 2 seconds off my time by altereing the steering lock in the setting. I noticed that I wasn't getting a very good turning circle after using the wizard. Much better now.

Let me present the following situation:
Noob that never used a wheel to play racing games + DFGT + ACTP = the drunkest driving ever. :speechless:

The best I managed was 1:32, I have no possible clue how to get 10 seconds less than that with a wheel. I watch videos of people going faster on the same corners I have to CRAWL or else I'll end off track, and I can't understand why, this lack of ability is driving me crazy. X___X

Can someone give me a few tips on how I should approach the corners to go through them faster? :coffee:

For now I've just got close to 1:23, still a lot of things to improve but for now this is my lap :)

(I'm using an amplified compressor.wav file for the effect I've seen on many Elise SC videos, and using carbon fiber as a pattern on the car, both of which I either got the idea or found from the official AC forum :) )

Had a small time gain before i decide to drink beer instead. Figured i will only make more mistakes the more you are hunting for that 22 :)

434434.jpg

Funny thing is that it´s an identical time to Lee :D

Ah I misread some post then. My lack of skills is then confirmed! :)

I think given how well the car puts down power to the road traction control may slow you down if anything, I haven't actually tried it but I can't imagine it would help you go faster. Depending on how you approach the lap the stability can help you go faster, but it also makes the car understeer a fair bit, in the low speed this slows you down quite noticeably to the point where you're driving around the understeer issue created by the stability.

On the other hand the stability can help you in the high speed corners, especially after the high speed straight. If you get the braking right though you don't need the stability to go through there at full speed and the final few corners in the low/medium speed prefer an agile car which again favours no stability.

Ultimately I think the fastest way may just be with no aids, in other words PRO is the fastest way.

I think given how well the car puts down power to the road traction control may slow you down if anything, I haven't actually tried it but I can't imagine it would help you go faster. Depending on how you approach the lap the stability can help you go faster, but it also makes the car understeer a fair bit, in the low speed this slows you down quite noticeably to the point where you're driving around the understeer issue created by the stability.

On the other hand the stability can help you in the high speed corners, especially after the high speed straight. If you get the braking right though you don't need the stability to go through there at full speed and the final few corners in the low/medium speed prefer an agile car which again favours no stability.

Ultimately I think the fastest way may just be with no aids, in other words PRO is the fastest way.

It interests me very much how new Exige S V6 will work in AC. Because in most reviews of this car says that the car is faster with TC turned ON as it 'learns' the track and conditions on it. It's because of the new Bosch TC unit.
I'm really intrigued how Kunos will solve this problem.

1m24s738 - nijeat

My almost perfect one lap. 1m24s738 haha. Yes, bad indeed.
I have no any clues how to be fast beyond this. For the last 3 years I've been doing race games only three to four times a year, hence when I first watched the TP preview videos of others I've thought I could score um....around 1m23? haha I was overly optimistic on myself. But of course not now..

Any advice for me would be appreciated.

Managed to knock another 2 seconds off my time by altereing the steering lock in the setting. I noticed that I wasn't getting a very good turning circle after using the wizard. Much better now.

I'm now regulary in 26.5 Had a chance to break into 1.25 yesterday... but you know.... sand, oversteer, elise... these words don't like each other.

Also using only right foot to accelerate and brake isn't helping me and DFP pedals has too much space between to use heel and toe.

1m24s738 - nijeat

My almost perfect one lap. 1m24s738 haha. Yes, bad indeed.
I have no any clues how to be fast beyond this. For the last 3 years I've been doing race games only three to four times a year, hence when I first watched the TP preview videos of others I've thought I could score um....around 1m23? haha I was overly optimistic on myself. But of course not now..

Any advice for me would be appreciated.
I'm running similar times as you, but I think you have margin, you're not using the full width of the track (e.g. in the last corner). That should give you some tenths.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 104 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 278 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 405 40.1%