Technology Preview - Time Attack - Top 30 Leaderboard

So... to kill some time i decided to make a Top 30 board for all RD members.
To get your time official you need to make a post and post a screenshot/video of the time.

Car - Lotus Elise SC
Track - Magione

edit: nevermind, people will never learn.
1.23.456 - Hampus Andersson
*picture or video*

Do not edit your own post telling me you have updated it with a new time, make a new post.

1. 1.21.813 - William Levesque
  2. 1.21.942 - Martin Kroenke
  3. 1.22.203 - Luca Sodano
  4. 1.22.248 - Requiem84
  5. 1.22.272 - Luke Russell
  6. 1.22.320 - Tariq Gamil
  7. 1.22.434 - Aleksi Elomaa
  8. 1.22.482 - tHenOrthfACe
  9. 1.22.536 - Jan Coomans
  10. 1.22.536 - Arkadiusz Wawrzyniak
  11. 1.22.557 - 6e66o
  12. 1.22.563 - Hampus Andersson
  13. 1.22.602 - Graham Byford
  14. 1.22.647 - Maciej Dolinski
  15. 1.22.779 - Mitja Bonca
  16. 1.22.785 - TLiivo
  17. 1.22.824 - Pablo Lopez
  18. 1.22.872 - BaldApe
  19. 1.22.938 - nijeat
  20. 1.22.974 - Lee Ross
  21. 1.22.974 - Craig Booth
  22. 1.23.052 - Salajutsu
  23. 1.23.082 - Dino Paolini
  24. 1.23.145 - Marcel Pfister
  25. 1.23.199 - Tony Rickard
  26. 1.23.232 - JvMr
  27. 1.23.256 - Michael Hornbuckle
  28. 1.23.301 - Jack Sargent
  29. 1.23.304 - Maciej Dolinski (with aids)
  30. 1.23.310 - Manuel Darin

I use a chair with wheels too but i managed to solve it with a pair of these :)

sblom2.jpg

Although i think that will be hard to use with G-pedals, not sure if i can do it with my T500 pedals either.

I put some old sportshoes on the wheels of my chair :D...

That is very strange. If you select 'use h-shifter' in the steering wheel options menu, autoclutch is automatically disabled.

You can shift the H-shifter without clutch when you are not applying throttle. Try to shift without using the clutch while you are on the gas pedal, you will hear a grinding noise, the sound of your gearbox getting beaten :).
Thanks for your help, well, i have a t500rs, with the +/-, if i don't choose the h-shifter and select the + or - for up and down shifting, the shifting works fine but independently from the clutch. If i turn on the h-shifter option, once i have only a +/- option my h-shifter, how can i select the gears? when the menu asks to press the axis in each gear how do i do it? Tried the + or - but it doesn't work, the clutch works but it does not change any gear, that's my problem. Not used to play with manual clutch, just to try did it in iRacing right now with no problem, but can't put it working here... Someone with a t500 h-shifter having the same problem?

For me it was a minor problem until finding out i'm losing 5/10kmh at the end of each straight only with that...

First it was 900 degrees now it´s DFGT and not using H-shifter.

The DFGT is a very good precise wheel. what it lacks is strength but that doesn´t allow you to not go quick.

I´ve always said wheel doesn´t really matter in terms of performance, only immersion. (unless it´s a wireless POS)
Pedals however i feel can be an advantage if you compare DFGT pedals to let´s say CSP´s or some pedals higher up on the list.

I´m sure if Martin (the only guy inside 21´s) could do 21´s with a DFGT,

Thats the problem. If only Martin can lap like that with DFGT then thats do show the disadvantage for a wheel without clutch & H-shifter.

By the way i actually didnt play this since 0.9.9 & not more than 10hrs sim racing experience before that so i cant blame the wheel for not being fast but i do believe clutch & H-shifter do play an important role in sim game that make me no interest to improve my current PB 1:24 using this wheel.

Of cause many many thanks if anyone can prove unmodified DFGT also have no problem lap inside 1:22, that definitely help me alot.

Many thanks for the response. Good day.

I´ve done 1.22.5 Without clutch or H-shifter.
DFGT is an excuse.

Post your best lap and we´ll see if it´s the DFGT or not.

I not finding an excuse for being slow, its too sad you think like that. I only want to make sure if what i thinking is right or wrong by some solid prove.Of cause i not expect myself to be fast since i have very little sim experience & in fact i never practice seriously.

Nvm now just forget what i say. No need prove or video or anything now.

Its my fault to start this kind of topic here. Bye.

Talk about over-reacting.

Your wheel DFGT is not why you can´t hit 22´s. If you want to believe that then that´s fine.

First you were gobsmacked that we used 900 degrees now it´s H-shifter (which is the fastest way) and what wheel we are using.
Your DFGT is more then enough to hit 22´s if you have the skills to do so.

Well, a h-shifter is clearly faster than paddle shifting, right?

What do you guys think is the difference between the two? I'd say H-shifting is maybe 2-4 tenths faster a lap? It's much harder though and way easier to make a mistake!

I don't know how far this discussion has gone until now. But LazyBug, I have a DFGT and a G25 (predecessor of the G27) and I can assure you that the difference is only of low importance if you ignore extra features (e.g. h-shifter, shift paddles, clutch, buttons layout, etc.).

I used both wheels for endurance racing (driving max. 4 hours at one sitting) and I can tell you that my pace wasn't any different while using this or that steering wheel. Just to add, my teammates and I are quite some veterans in rfactor endurance racing lol.

Just to name a few of the differences that come to my mind.

DFGT made of plastic and rubber components; really strong, responsive and direct ffb; plenty of useful buttons; plastic but easy to use and sensitive pedalry (which is not a bad thing).

G25 made of plastic, metal and leather; many cables (careful: clutter); also strong but more subtle ffb (less noise than DFGT); only a few buttons (no really, too few); shift paddles, separate shifter unit with h pattern, pedalry with distinctive resistance on the pedals (use on a slippery floor is not recommended/forget your beloved office chair), clutch.

It basically comes down to familiarizing yourself with one wheel (then the car) to become competitive. However this is only the first step of your (hot lapping) career. Because then comes a steep learning curve. You have to learn how the car reacts to your input, then you have to make the car behave like you want, learn driving techniques, learn the track and a clean racing line etc.

The quick drivers who are setting top lap times today were at the same point as you a long time ago. Practice and persistence will eventually pay out. After all, this is a simulator and it asks for much more than a daily racer game. Familiarize yourself with the virtual environment, study racing theory, practice, back to theory, practice ... and so on. Start slow to drive fast. Your slow pace can build some solid skills, enabling you to race faster later. ;)

Well, a h-shifter is clearly faster than paddle shifting, right?

What do you guys think is the difference between the two? I'd say H-shifting is maybe 2-4 tenths faster a lap? It's much harder though and way easier to make a mistake!

Talking of the Lotus? It has a manual gear box, so yes it is faster to use the h shifter when you're good at it. Kunos said there is a little handicap included for those driver, who use the automatic clutch or automatic gear box on cars which do not support these "helpers" in reality. However it was said, that the drawbacks are only minimal to reward those drivers who have mastered the manual gearbox, throttle blipping, clutch etc.

Kunos said there is a little handicap included for those driver, who use the automatic clutch or automatic gear box on cars which do not support these "helpers" in reality. However it was said, that the drawbacks are only minimal to reward those drivers who have mastered the manual gearbox, throttle blipping, clutch etc.

I suspect the upshifts are where it matters, the downshifts with the autoclutch are fairly slow but aside from unsettling the car, aren't going to affect your speed much.

The upshifts are ~0.4 seconds, with full manual shifting you can be at 0.2 or less. I don't know how it corresponds to laptimes though, 0.2 extra seconds of acceleration per shift isn't a lot, and you could lose more by accelerating out of the corner late very very easily.

Here's my new problem, lol...Within the first couple days of the tech preview I got down to low 23's (pro mode, sequential stick) and now most of my laps are in the mid 24's with a VERY occasional high 23....the more I practice the slower I get; talk about overthinking stuff LOL.

Doesn't really matter though because when you put multiple people with similar skill sets (and the vast majority of people are running in the 23.5 - 25.0) together and have everybody do their best for 20 or 30 laps that's when the fun begins.

Don't worry about trying so hard to run a 22 that you stop having fun making laps that are 24's.

83013394.jpg

Here is my report, telemetry graph which shows the loss of the shifting of auto clutch+auto blip on+paddle shifter compared to no aids+H shifter, and tests trying to 30km/h rolling start on the longest straight and I tried to shift all as quickly as possible.

The yellow graph on the middle is no aids+H shifter, the red graph is auto clutch+paddle shifter, and red graph on the bottom is the difference between the two.

Well, given this graphs, one upshifting without clutch costs about 0.02s but practically taken as a whole it costed about 0.3s only for the whole longest straight. But OF COURSE when it comes to downshifting of no having to accelerate for straight the loss was so little. Although the paddle shift works slow a bit than H shift it seems almost to be up to you.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back