teaser released

Will give it a go now, just sad it's enforcing TCS / ABS. :(

Hm, 1:30.297 after a few laps. I don't know, the car just doesn't feel right when braking - to me, at least.

Don't think you can in the taster.

Gave this is a spin this evening. My e-racer ego wasn't dented by the thought of running with AIDS.

Interesting.

I couldn't care less about graphics but they were shiny.
The in-cockpit sounds actually hurt my tender ears. Good stuff.

Unfortunately, I think the AIDS muted the feel of the game and the car didn't feel particularly connected to the track. A bit floaty, a bit lifeless, a bit non-engaging.

Potential is there. Fun is under the surface tension. Pokey!

Whether I could subscribe to an iRacing model for anything other than iRacing?
That's another question.

Looking forward to more tastes.

Only thing I definitely don't like? The name.
TOTALLY UNWIELDY DARLING.

[Insert Christian Horner joke here]

It was a no go for me, no mouse steering support, too bad.

After messing with the files, it seems that you can manually add mouse support.

Go to "\Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\ControlSet" and you should find the control maps files.

I'll assume that you are using the keyboard and mouse for your game, so open the keyboard.rcs file with notepad.

Right at the beggining you should find these lines

Mouse Steering="0" // Use mouse left/right movement to steer
Mouse Throttle="0" // Use left mouse button to control throttle
Mouse Brakes="0" // Use right mouse button to control brakes
Mouse Gears="0" // Use mouse wheel to control gears

Change the value of "0" for "1", and save, that should do the work for enabling the mouse for driving.

I tried changing them but it's still won't allow me to use the mouse as steering or anything else.

EDIT: I tried to copy the "keyboard" file from race injection, I got mouse steering now, but I can't use any keys to accelerate just the mouse left/right buttons. tried to select keyboard keys in the option but still no go, I think few more tweaks in the file will make it happen.

EDIT 2: after some tweaks, i finally can drive the way i want, but the steering is not the best with the mouse, but at least I can drive, my best lap is 1:28.9.

Struggling to get the x360 pad setup right, similar to GTR:Evo really. But I eventually managed it for that game so should be able to eventually here as well. Though my wheel might arrive before then ;)

Im getting a stable 70-80 fps but there seems to be some input lag, its not much but its enough to greatly reduce the precision of the steering. Feels a bit like codemasters to me :(

I hope its just me or that its going to be fixed, because input lag is the biggest turnoff for a racing game. The reason I got into sims in the first place is that they didnt suffer from input lag like the popular racing games (Shift, Codemasters).

Yeah that is really gutting too see tbh. Most sim heads will stay between the lines but as the sim is F2P it's gonna have a wide range of people racing this, paticulary now that Simbin have updated to a more pleasing graphical engine. Your never gonna have a fair crack at times on the leaderboards driving properly if this is not changed. Fingers crossed they adjust that.

For me the lack of feel of tyres in comparison to both GSC and rF2 was obvious, i'm not sure if this Get Real mode is gonna change this. Really hope so as i have been hyped about this title and was looking forward to that Hill Climb and BMW. The weight transfer and feeling of grip and aero building up though the fast turns felt nice though.

Lee, that you?

With the G25 it feels a bit hyped.

It lacks the thing realfeel does really well.
Feeling the car float.
It's a bumpy track and you see the nose move up and down.
But the FFB doesn't reflect this.
At the moment there's no incentive to avoid the bumps.

Sadly my setup doensn't gel with rFactor2 either.
I'm still getting the nicest FFB from GTR2 and rfactor 1 with all embellishments.

Hope that float thing gets done in the get real mode.

Btw, for me no steering- or framerate lag at all.

Here my first impressions:
When I started on default settings for my G25 wheel(very clear accept I had to put throttle and brake myself) I thought; this is weird and feels very strange, even a bit Shift2. So after a few confusing laps I changed all my force feedback settings radically:

Everything maximum and 'on',also 'reverse FF' on. The result is stunning and it feels almost like ... GTR2 :inlove: I'm soo happy :D

So imo this experience looks very promising, thanks Simbin :thumbsup:

How the hell did you get those times to stand? ive been around like 35-40 times and soon as i hit the red and blue lined area its "Invalid lap"

I''m on 1 23.9 and that's not bad for an old man.
The fastest time this morning was a 1.21... and that's OK, I'm always 2-3 sec. slower than the fastest drivers. I know that if some body beats me by 10 sec. something is wrong.

Btw, for me no steering- or framerate lag at all.

Here my first impressions:
When I started on default settings for my G25 wheel(very clear accept I had to put throttle and brake myself) I thought; this is weird and feels very strange, even a bit Shift2. So after a few confusing laps I changed all my force feedback settings radically:

Everything maximum and 'on',also 'reverse FF' on. The result is stunning and it feels almost like ... GTR2 :inlove: I'm soo happy :D

So imo this experience looks very promising, thanks Simbin :thumbsup:

yep i can see what you mean...the abs is masking it but when the brakes lock up for a split second your wheel goes light ....:thumbsup:

if you turn to much and loose front end grip your wheel goes light

Lee, that you?

With the G25 it feels a bit hyped.

It lacks the thing realfeel does really well.
Feeling the car float.
It's a bumpy track and you see the nose move up and down.
But the FFB doesn't reflect this.
At the moment there's no incentive to avoid the bumps.

Sadly my setup doensn't gel with rFactor2 either.
I'm still getting the nicest FFB from GTR2 and rfactor 1 with all embellishments.

Hope that float thing gets done in the get real mode.
What do you mean, Lee, that you?

Yeah well i will try it again when they enable the adult mode but for now nothing can touch both rF2 and GSC2012 for me personally. Both sims feel sensational. This felt as poor as pCARS for me tbh, sloppy centre feeling down the straights and lack of tyre feel. The FFB reminded me of GTR Evolution tbh, i.e very canned and not raw. Can't comment on physics due to all the assists enabled but the feel i didn't dig

As other have said, bit of a mash up really.

Doesnt feel that tight, but most of it works pretty well.

You can adjust a lot more than usual with the menus, a lot of new steering ideas like steering grip, and a few others, I like that and no doubt it will feel better without aids and stuff.

The track is OK, nice layout, but the corner cutting tool is hopeless, some corner you can go wide by about 3 car widths and not get invalid laps, yet others are cut for s simple kerb hop.

Car doesnt feel too bad, bit vague with all the aids on, and agreed it feels a bit like PCARS for now, but without the sloppy steering.

Car has way too much grip, brakes are OK, you can sort of trail brake with ABS which helps, but you have to really abuse the thing and cheat somewhat with learning which corners you can really cut to get a laptime

No idea really how people can get into 1m20 area, that just feels plain odd as there is little you can do to find laptime. But I am around 1.23 low after a few good laps and learning the cut areas.

Menus are solid, sounds are good, gears worked well and steering though vague and wooly was fine.

Not bad, but certainly no betetr than simraceway so far for me, and that is not a game I would play much more!

Whether I could subscribe to an iRacing model for anything other than iRacing?
That's another question.

Its a question I don't understand :)

You will not subscribe to this - it's free to play.

And instead of a "conventional" game where you pay for a fixed selection of cars and tracks, with this you can choose which cars and tracks to buy. Provided these are at "Simbin" prices rather than "iracing" prices it seems like a good idea.

Graphics are nice but sometimes I notice a a weird microstutter even though Afterburner says I'm constantly at 60 fps.

The car feels and handles terribly for me on a G27. Gonna sound like JB but the understeer is MASSIVE, almost undrivable even though I turned up steering lock to 40. FFB feels very strange, tuggs back and forth around centre.

Why they released it with no option to disable driving aids is beyond me too.

Overall not very impressed.

The default FFB is very poor in all the Simbin games, thank god we can we can adjust them to what we think is best.
I took the settings from Race07 G27 profile.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 387 39.8%