teaser released

Not to nag but this is not a validated leaderboard lap is it Roy? Running way wide over the run off in a few corners.

Nope 100% Legit, exactly demonstrating why i dont like leaderboard challenges like this, people running the fastest times will ofcourse drive the most insane line. (remember back in the Monza days in R06/R07?)

really hope they sharpen the cutting rules, these are most likely the ones used at gamescom too, they where wider there because of the public, but i rather keep it between the cerbs.

2012-09-07_00001.jpg

OMG!! is this the top times made like?....
I was FIGHTING to keep between the lines and did a 1.23.6....If i would go off line like that i am sure the time will change,but even if the"game" allowed,i won`t do it.
To be honest i didnt expect to be that easy to drive it, even if its made so....

Yeah that is really gutting too see tbh. Most sim heads will stay between the lines but as the sim is F2P it's gonna have a wide range of people racing this, paticulary now that Simbin have updated to a more pleasing graphical engine. Your never gonna have a fair crack at times on the leaderboards driving properly if this is not changed. Fingers crossed they adjust that.

For me the lack of feel of tyres in comparison to both GSC and rF2 was obvious, i'm not sure if this Get Real mode is gonna change this. Really hope so as i have been hyped about this title and was looking forward to that Hill Climb and BMW. The weight transfer and feeling of grip and aero building up though the fast turns felt nice though.

Tried, and after reading this stuff about the amateur mode I was not very excited anymore.

But actually, was better than I expected. Ofcourse some of the work of your right ankle is done for you, I was able to get some oversteer still. :D

Have you guys set the steering sensitivity to 100%? If not, by all means do it. :) MUCH better feel for me. Plus there are many other FFB settings (similar to earlier simbin titles) in there.

And ofcourse, those sounds are just brilliant, couldnt help but smile while lapping. :D

Tried, and after reading this stuff about the amateur mode I was not very excited anymore.

But actually, was better than I expected. Ofcourse some of the work of your right ankle is done for you, I was able to get some oversteer still. :D

Have you guys set the steering sensitivity to 100%? If not, by all means do it. :) MUCH better feel for me. Plus there are many other FFB settings (similar to earlier simbin titles) in there.

And ofcourse, those sounds are just brilliant, couldnt help but smile while lapping. :D

You should have left sensitivity linear (at 50%) and reduce the steering angle....alot

I dont think 50 is linear though, 100 felt linear to me. With the deadzone with 50 i also felt some lag so to speak.

But I'll experiment more later, where is the steering angle btw? didnt see it, or are you talking about profiler setting?

@Jay Ekkel, If this is the starter i cant wait for the main course.. Well done SimBin i'm not disappointed at all, :thumbsup:
As had said this has to appeal to all even those who've never raced before... :D
great graphics and sound 7.1 and the whole thing looks so next gen with its style...
I set it up as i did in race07... the options are all there and more, and you can get a sense of whats to come...:)

Ive not fallen asleep yet....no need to wake me up...:roflmao:

the flames out the rear look really good, and the flyby camera view is also so good

The FFB effects feel excellent on the curbs and bumps. What I am not liking though, is some lack of feel at the center of the wheel. Not linear to me at all. Doesn't feel as tight as it does in Race 07. I have G25. I have speed steering at 0%. Could increasing to 50% help? I have 540 deg., 20 steering lock. Apart from this, it seems the FFB is very similar to Race 07, which I like.

Too bad we are given kiddie's driving model and apparently you can cut/go wide in corners without penalty. No wonder my 1.23 was too slow. The sound is just perfect, Simbin never disappoints in this. Graphics are good.

I just noticed there is tire deformation in RRRE, it seems that RRRE might be using RF2 engine. The realtime shadow in smoke is also quite impressive.
The second RaceRoom Q&A stated SimBin are using it's new 'RendR' graphics engine.

I'm loving the RaceRoom RE demo - good graphics, great sound and decent physics as far as one can tell with the TC and ABS switched on. I can't wait for a release with the ABS and TC turned off.

For those that are going to try this sim, be aware that it doesn't like bezel corrected triple monitor setups with under 1080 vertical resolution. You will get errors when trying to launch if you use bezel correction in this situation.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back