1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*tear* *jaw drop*

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by Bradley Wint, Aug 30, 2010.

2. Looks amazing. This is usually the video I show people (lately at least) who have doubts about this game. The cars definitely look to handle properly (and well) and it just looks amazing...

3. Can't wait for this game :D

4. It does look really good. My main issue with it is even in that video you still see the AI doing some wierd overtakes which make me think its going to be quite arcadey. I do hope i'm prooved wrong though as it looks fantastic.

5. Dustin whats the story with dx 11.
    Does the game come with these features (and ability to turn off and on the dx 11)
    depending on the card and op sys they are running
    when buy it in september or do
    people have to wait for a patch ?

6. The release does not come with DX11 support...DX9 unfortunately. Most likely a DX11 patch later on... all in the sakes of a streamlined release on all consoles.

7. You sure ,cause it seems SynGamer (Dustin) is saying there is dx 11 support in game on codies forum.
    http://community.codemasters.com/forum/f1-2010-game-1316/424722-no-dx11-support-pc-2.html
    but ive seen virtualr.net has referenced PC Games Hardware report saying what you are saying Bradley
    that its not in game in september but coming in a patch,
    and then ive seen another thread where the devs have said no patches for the game as they will
    be concentrating on the next game in the series.
    So its just confusing as to whats true and whats not true.

8. Guess we have to wait then :/ VirtualR has been bringing some rather faulty news pieces the last few days though.

9. What I'VE heard is the game will ship with DX11, which makes sense since the game requires 12.5GB for installation. I can't see DX9 taking up that much in terms of graphics. Then again, I could be entirely wrong. T4RG4 (Steve Hood) tweeted this the other day; http://twitter.com/T4RG4/status/22357536662

10. Edit - Ok, so DX11 is confirmed but it's still not known when it will come out... pretty sure it will be patched or something.

11. I would seriously doubt, that it would ship without dx 11, since Dirt 2 was released with dx 11.

12. Did it ship the same time with the console copies? I cannot remember if they delayed all the releases for the PC version to include DX11 or if the PC version alone was delayed

13. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I think the F1 game was already in development before Dirt 2 :)

@Brad: awesome vid man, really enjoyed it!!

14. Pc-version was delayed ebcause they wanted to implement dX11

15. Right... but this time Codies wants to drop all the games at the same time.. I guess so the PC marketing aspect doesnt get blown in the wind... so some kind of patch will come later... possibly to unlock the DX11 potential.. who knows.

16. Danny Asbury

Danny Asbury
    Premium Member

All this talk about DX11 and what not, I now have a question. How can you check what version of DX you have installed on your PC? Sorry for the n00b question, but I'm curious.

17. If you're on XP - Start > Run > type "dxdiag"
    Vista or 7 - Windows button > enter "dxdiag" in search box.

The thing is you can have DX11 but your card may nbt support it and just revert to an older version... just saying. I dont know the case for you. My loltop for example has DX11 but the card itself is only DX10 compatible so my games are maxxed at DX10.

18. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Looks awesome.

And this is what all this game is about :)

19. That is helpful information, thanks :)