Teamspeak

Dear TS agony aunts ...

I am having problems mapping key to TS for PTT ...

Issue 1
- if I map a normal keyboard key, it works when I am in the test TS window, but as soon as I am in game, I get beeped at like crazy by windows for holding down the key (error/keyboard buffer full type beep) :frusty:

Issue 2
- I cannot seem to map a button in my logi profiler for the above keyboard key (G25 wheel). When I do it, there is no response from TS :rolleyes:

Other info:

I wear headphones whilst racing, and recently got some funky new Sennheiser HD515's, so am not likely to be updating them soon for a pair with a mic.

I have quite a sensitive stereo microphone located on top of my monitor, but if I leave TS on voice activation then it activates itself from the noise of my wheel (G25), or alternativley I damn near have to shout if I turn down the sensitivity.

Be interested to hear how others are mapping keys or using TS ...
Regards
A curios but too lazy to spend hours fixing this himself TS chappy from the not so sunny [today] Algarve :)

Issue 2
- I cannot seem to map a button in my logi profiler for the above keyboard key (G25 wheel). When I do it, there is no response from TS :rolleyes:
what i do is i have teamspeak PTT set to key 9 on the numeric keyboard and then i remap a button on my momo to correspond to the same key and if i make sure the window for the logitech profiler is active then it works fine when the game is loaded. The same works if you want to use the whisper too button if you want to chat to a team member or whatever.

I still have trouble reaching the buttons when i drive but that is down to problems i have with my thumbs hence i am usually very quiet during the race.:disapointed:

bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing.....bing!

Is still all I hear when I do this (but the keyboard button mapping is not working either) :sad:

bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing bing.....bing!

Is still all I hear when I do this (but the keyboard button mapping is not working either) :sad:
i get the same if my game is not loaded so then i switch to voice.
No idea why your profiler mapping is not working as i have never had a problem with it myself, just click select keystroke/new keystroke/record(push whatever key you want) and hit ok after that.

yeah mapping always worked with my old momo force, this is first time I tried it with G25 - like I said, being a bit lazy here and have not spent hours on it, just wondered whether there was a simple stupid thing I was missing :D

OK, I'm completely new to this team speak thing. I have downloaded it, and I have a USB headset all ready to go, but I do not know how to get it all working. I have gone through all of the posts on this site for clues, but it is confusing me more than anything else! Is there anyone who can give some clear instructions on how to set Teamspeak up?

I would be really grateful for any assistance that anyone can provide on this!

not to worry, I've managed to get it up and running, and even signed into the RD section, however, my PC will not pick up any sound from the Mic (an old Logitech USB thing) so I think I will have to replace that before trying again.

• Michael Mcalister

what is teamspeak im new to all of this. how does it work, where is it. etc thanks for your help. michael

Teamspeak is a piece voice communication software. Go to www.teamspeak.com to download it. You will need headphones (speakers cause too much feedback and are annoying) and a microphone, preferably a headset.
You then set up the connection to the RD teamspeak server using the ip address and password (available to race club members-info here if you haven't read it already http://forum.racedepartment.com/applications/6717-how-can-i-join-racing-club-read-first.html) and a nickname, and away you go :)

Hope this helps

not to worry, I've managed to get it up and running, and even signed into the RD section, however, my PC will not pick up any sound from the Mic (an old Logitech USB thing) so I think I will have to replace that before trying again.

When you are in TS and go to Settings ---> Options, do you have the right input device selected? In your case there will be something like USB Logitech Mic or similar. If it is not on the list, did you install drivers for the mic and is it recognized?

Teamspeak Overlay

TSO - TeamSpeak Overlay

What is TSO?

TeamSpeak Overlay (TSO) is an Application designed to be use with TeamSpeak, that allows players to "see" who is speaking.
With TSO, an addition to your games HUD allows you to see whos talking without having to switch out of the game.

How does it work?

TSO works by overlaying a list of the current speakers into the games window, over the top of the game thats running. It does this by directly hooking the DirectX or OpenGL APIs. It then "reads" the Teamspeak Window, to obtain the current speakers. It then draws this on top of the running game.
What are the requirements for TSO?

• Windows 2000 or Windows XP SP2
  • TSO is not compatible with Windows Vista - please see this Forum Post
  • DirectX 9.0b or 9.0c
  • TeamSpeak 2 2.0.33 (Official Client)
  • Nvidia ForceWare Drivers 53.04 or newer
  • or ATI Catalyst Drivers 4.3 or newer
Where can I download TSO?

You can download Teamspeak overlay from HERE

Vista owners:

It is possable to install and run TSO but you have to run it in XP compatability mode.

Help

So you've just got TSO and your wondering "Now What?"

Well first things first things first, Install it. Once youve done that its time to run Teamspeck and then RUN TSO When you run it you'll get a little warning screen telling you this is a beta just hit "OK"

WhenTSO is up and running youll get a little box like so:

1_3.jpg

Once up and running it best to go to "Options" and start changing some details.

First thing to enter is your name as it is displayed in Teamspeak:

2.jpg

Now click on the "Diplays" tab and you'll see a little drop down box. In here we nedd to change a few things ( you dont have to if you dont want). Fisrt the "Log Roller":

3_10.jpg

That can be turned off (untick). Next the FPS Counter:

4.jpg

Again that can be turned off (unticked). Next the clock:

5_6.jpg

Turn it off (untick). Now click on the "Debug" tab and in the "Comaptability" section tick the "Use alternative DirectX Method":

8.jpg

Then click "Done"

Now all you have to do is click "Enable" and then "Hide" and kick up Race 07/Evo or STCC and your off:

7_5.jpg

I remember that Punkbuster had some problems with this tool. Luckily Punkbuster is not in these games, and i don't know if those problems are still there.

But it is a great tool. Although i rather like to use the TS mod for the G15.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back