1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Teamspeak 3

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by Jarrod Crossley, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Will RD be joining the revalution and swaping from TS 2 to TS 3?

2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Jup, once Ramon has finished his exams i'lll ask him if he has time to upgrade the teamspeak server :thumb:

3. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher
    #47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Does anyone know what's supposed to be better in 3?
    Sound quality (HOPEFULLY!)??

4. Sound quality, security for both Client and server. User Profiles and so much more!

So much more you could throw a wet kipper at it and it would still be standing!!

5. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher

Thanks Car-Picasso :)

6. Gareth Hickling

Gareth Hickling
    Premium Member

Push to talk is configurable to wheels now :) The 3d environment positioning is an awesome thing aswell!

7. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher

So JbindX is useless now :(

8. Shorely we can use Teamspeak 3 now. As we are still joining the same ip address

9. im new here guys, (a presto GP refugee :p ) and i was wondering what the IP was for the teamspeak server?

10. Bram

Bram

The TS server is currently running but not visible on the frontpage yet. Ill ask Ramon if we can upgrade to TS3 and also equip the server to the latest specs and then post an announcement

11. TS3 is way better in many aspects. Sound quality is just awesom compared to TS2.
    They still are in beta fase though, at this moment beta6. Some beta upgrades require to update the database.

12. tbh, Would wait with Teamspeak3 they are bringing out new Beta's each day.

13. Bram

Bram

Arent the different beta's compatible with eachother Tom? Still havent found time to install it, really curious how much better it is :)

14. Bram the sound quality has improved so much. It's just like being on Vent

15. Well some beta's require manual updates from the database. I am following it closely as we have one running. If i where you i would wait abit. Yes the sound quality is way better, like ben says its like Ventrillo.
    You can try it if you want as you can run it next to TS2 as it uses different ports. Wouldn't use it as a main system for RD at this moment tbh, to many bugs still in there going by the rate they are bringing out Beta's and by the comments on the forum.