F1 2011 Teams to start your career with (merged)

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I love the fact they had a good selection of teams and i picked to drive for Williams and it was OK. You have a PC in the motor home for emails,calender,etc. and on the TV it shows a car going around the track. after finishing the first race i was relieved to finish 12 behind Heidfield. I had him with the DRS but suffered a KERS failure but when it got back on the next lap it was to late. Webber and Jensen got into an altercation when coming out of pits and he retired but Jensen zip straight pass me like i was Bruno Senna. SC was a great i had got my strategy to were i went an boxed for new softs overall awesome malay ill hope to beat Shumi as he had a mistake in the start that cost him a possible P6 and i did go pass my old buddy from last year Kamui as Sergio was a lil to quick
And thats all folks....
who did or are you starting with this season

I started out with Force India, pretending I'm paul di resta xD. I like the car well enough and I seem to have pace. I haven't played past p2 yet tho. (I unplugged the HDMI cable out of the back of my laptop in game and it crashed the game, then i lost my save.)

I started off with Force India, after tweaking my Melbourne set up I stopped @ Q1 and ended 7th on the grid. im aiming @ top 5 for Q2 and top 3 for Q3.

BTW Expert setting, the AI is actually decent with teh track times unlike 2010.

I've gotta say, the rain is brutal.

I couldn't get a competitive lap around melbourne in the wet w/ INT tires.

I was good for 16th on prime tires in the Force India on Legend AI in practice 2 tho. since the race is dry i might be able to move up, but starting from the back is gonna make points hard.

i started at 24th on primes, was up to 14th with 2 laps to go and...ran out of fuel. engineer never said anything

I had that same thing happen (running out of fuel)

I started p7, was up to p3 for a while, then the RE told me - after my stop when i dropped to p9, to push it, so i figure what the heck, only 5 laps left, lets mix 3 this thing and see what we can do.. well im back up to p3 again on the last lap, and just into sector 3, it sputters and im down power watching cars go by at speed...

where was the RE on that one to tell me i was running close (he does it in GP mode)?
Oh this was in the Virgin too

I'm starting with Lotus. IMO it's the best team with the lowest expectations, and the Renault engine is nice to listen to =) I'm putting my whole first year of my career on Youtube; my channel is PLynnJr95. I should have the first vid up within the hour

Trying to put the power down in the wet is very hard. I can't tell you how many times I spun in practice. Qualifying was dry and I put the Force India in 11th. Race is wet though, so it should be interesting.

Started with force India this year as they were my next team I was gonna pick in 2010.

P1. Well this was certainly a learning curve I started out on expert mod but I just could not get the hang on no tc so I had to turn it on for now. After P1 was over I was 17th.

P2. Was alot better for me I was starting to work out where the limit with the car was and I made some adjustments mainly to the gearing as I wasn't topping out 7th at all. I ended up 13th in the session on primes.

P3. Really starting the get the hang of drs and kers I did some running on the softs and I ended up 9th so looking good for getting into Q3.

Q1. Disaster it was raining! Not quite enough for wets I went out and did a coupe of easy laps with a wet set up on inters and then once the tyres were up to temp I went full throttle what a mistake! I opened the rear Wing On the long strait the back end went I tried to correct it but didn't have enough space and I was in the wall my session was over and I had qualified 24th! Not what the team or I wanted at my first grand prix with them!

So race day. And it was pouring down full wets on looking like it could be a sc start. I lined up at the grid Alonso on pole sutil in 14th and me 10 places behind. My main aim was to beat my team mate today and if I could get in the points. It was gonna be all about strategy. The red lights went out and we were off. I had a brilliant start bit of throttle then kers and I was side by side with luitzi in 19th we were comming up to the first corner and suddenly the whole back broke so early I had to swerve to avoid a few cars and I was suddenly up in 16th place. The next corner I was lining up barachelo and again all far to cautious into the braking zone as I pulled a banzi move on 5 cars I was up in 11th place right behind msc. After this lap I was finding it hard to stay with him on the straits kers was helping but I just couldnt get close enoug to pull a move off so I sat back and waited as the drying line appeared in the race track I was the first one to blink I went strait in for a set of slick tyres "what a mistake!" I was all over the place I had gone in a few laps to early. Luckily I had come out into some clear road so I didn't hit any other drivers as I was struggling for grip. I was 3-4 seconds off the pace then suddenly as the tyres warmed up and the track rubbered in the soft tyres came alive I was so much faster then the rest of the field I started to gain some time and I was back on msc who was still on the wets in 10th place then all the front runners pitted for slicks and I came out next to Mark webber. I knew he would have to be cautious on his outlap so I had a great opportunity to gain another place. I tried desperately to get in the 1 second zone comming up to the drs I slammed my kurbs button and hopes I had made it. I was .516 behind him I opened the rear wing and sailed pass a nice clean move into the braking zone I outbrakes myself and webber rear ended me damaging his front wing. I didn't have the speed to catch the top four so I just stayed defending again webber losing time for the next 7 laps then 1 lap from the end I hit the cliff because I pitted so early I had lost all the grip off the tyres defending from webber going off line! I was all over the road and the turn in was awefull I knew I had to keep webber behind me. I was all over the road parking it on the apex and slowing webber down if he was gonna take me it would have to be the long way round comming up to the drs zone I used all my kers but it wasn't Enough :( he sailed pass me to take 5th place with me ending the race in a respectable 6th place.

The team were very happy with my effort and so was I. Cant wait for
Malasia!

Started with force India this year as they were my next team I was gonna pick in 2010.

P1. Well this was certainly a learning curve I started out on expert mod but I just could not get the hang on no tc so I had to turn it on for now. After P1 was over I was 17th.

P2. Was alot better for me I was starting to work out where the limit with the car was and I made some adjustments mainly to the gearing as I wasn't topping out 7th at all. I ended up 13th in the session on primes.

P3. Really starting the get the hang of drs and kers I did some running on the softs and I ended up 9th so looking good for getting into Q3.

Q1. Disaster it was raining! Not quite enough for wets I went out and did a coupe of easy laps with a wet set up on inters and then once the tyres were up to temp I went full throttle what a mistake! I opened the rear Wing On the long strait the back end went I tried to correct it but didn't have enough space and I was in the wall my session was over and I had qualified 24th! Not what the team or I wanted at my first grand prix with them!

So race day. And it was pouring down full wets on looking like it could be a sc start. I lined up at the grid Alonso on pole sutil in 14th and me 10 places behind. My main aim was to beat my team mate today and if I could get in the points. It was gonna be all about strategy. The red lights went out and we were off. I had a brilliant start bit of throttle then kers and I was side by side with luitzi in 19th we were comming up to the first corner and suddenly the whole back broke so early I had to swerve to avoid a few cars and I was suddenly up in 16th place. The next corner I was lining up barachelo and again all far to cautious into the braking zone as I pulled a banzi move on 5 cars I was up in 11th place right behind msc. After this lap I was finding it hard to stay with him on the straits kers was helping but I just couldnt get close enoug to pull a move off so I sat back and waited as the drying line appeared in the race track I was the first one to blink I went strait in for a set of slick tyres "what a mistake!" I was all over the place I had gone in a few laps to early. Luckily I had come out into some clear road so I didn't hit any other drivers as I was struggling for grip. I was 3-4 seconds off the pace then suddenly as the tyres warmed up and the track rubbered in the soft tyres came alive I was so much faster then the rest of the field I started to gain some time and I was back on msc who was still on the wets in 10th place then all the front runners pitted for slicks and I came out next to Mark webber. I knew he would have to be cautious on his outlap so I had a great opportunity to gain another place. I tried desperately to get in the 1 second zone comming up to the drs I slammed my kurbs button and hopes I had made it. I was .516 behind him I opened the rear wing and sailed pass a nice clean move into the braking zone I outbrakes myself and webber rear ended me damaging his front wing. I didn't have the speed to catch the top four so I just stayed defending again webber losing time for the next 7 laps then 1 lap from the end I hit the cliff because I pitted so early I had lost all the grip off the tyres defending from webber going off line! I was all over the road and the turn in was awefull I knew I had to keep webber behind me. I was all over the road parking it on the apex and slowing webber down if he was gonna take me it would have to be the long way round comming up to the drs zone I used all my kers but it wasn't Enough :( he sailed pass me to take 5th place with me ending the race in a respectable 6th place.

The team were very happy with my effort and so was I. Cant wait for
Malasia!

Career is 5 seasons. You don't get to choose the length.

I started with Virgin, but I'm thinking of starting with Lotus. Virgin wants a P18 for the race, and if you don't do that then they'll be unhappy with you despite beating Glock who will never finish higher than 24th. It's either Lotus or Force India; I did some time trial laps in the Force India and I'm happy with it's handling.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%