TeamHRM: An up and coming Modding Group

Ladies and Gentlemen.

Introducing a new modding team... TeamHRM.

We are new to modding and learning as we go.
What got us into modding was the acquisition of a mod that people have wanted finished that stalled a fair while ago now. We have picked up the ARSimulations 1997 V8 Supercar mod.Hammie Stein and Richard (JFF-Coleman) are the ones doing the models and textures. Between us we are figuring out 3DS MAX, and various other tools of the trade as we go. I (Hammie) is faster than we anticipated with 3DsMax so things are progressing along slowly. Richard has taken up all the skinning duties for the cars. He has been skinning cars for a few years now.

We are both extremely excited to have picked up this mod. We have both been following it and were both seriously disappointed when it stopped. I (Hammie) got in touch with the ARSimulation project leader, Kyle Austin, and he was more than happy to let us take over the mod in a very primitive form a few months ago.

There was a lot of work that had to go into the models to get them to even show up in game. With most of this being learned from Scratch.

In it's current form, the VS Commodore has a body, wheels and primitive Interior in the spinner. It has a paintable body, wheels, towhook and bonnet pins. The car does run n track, but the physics and drivability are not that great as no work has been done in that area. The EL Falcon needs a lot of work to get it even close to the Commodore as of yet.
We have decided for our sake to just use the VS and EL models. Older models were used during the 1997 period but we both agreed that the VS and EL were the way to go, as they were the most popular cars in the series at the time. Also the numbers of older models were so low it isn't feasible to make them. We acknowledge this isn't entirely accurate, but in doing this, the mod gets to the community quicker.

We will stress again that we are new to modding and learning on the run. As such there will be no release date given other than next year. We are making this in our spare time and real life always comes first. So please do NOT ask us for a release date, as one is not known.

We have a few beta testers sorted out already, and they will get the mod in due time. We are currently not looking for any others, but at a later date, more may be picked up.

We are also negotiating (or will be) with a physics guru to help us on that front.

Sounds are last on the list. We will worry about these when the time comes.

At this moment in time, the mod will only be released for rFactor 1. Once it is completed, we may look at porting it over to other sims, but there is no plans for that at this point in time.

We will endeavour to keep you updated on the progress of the mod. Hammie has made a forum that we will manage and I will also use these threads to keep you updated as well. Hammie will contact VirtualR and run the rFactorcentral.com page.

Coming Soon: In Game Shots of the Commodore & Forum Link.

Regards,Richard (JFF-Coleman)/Hammie

TeamHRM Modding would like to Thank:

Kyle Austin: Providing us with the mod, and letting us continue/complete his work.

FlashQLD: Helping us out in our learning of 3DsMax. Without him, this would not be happening right now.

Dose the 1998 season have a full field of VS & EL? or is that mixed as well?
Doesn't matter I guess. Just a thought.
You may fined that the models ones done could be easy to revert to a earlier or latter model. When the models changed in some years the difference was more just front and back small changes.
Best of luck guy's.

I know its been a long time since this was announced, but the VS and EL could be done now, and down the track when there is more time the EB and other commodore could be done as an addon, then that way there is less pressure to get something out

I just got the new files last night (NZT). So I can start my work in earnest.

So stay tuned, this mod is most DEFINITLEY not dead. I'll add images as they become available/things get done.

Thank you all for your patience and I promise some more info will come soon.

I ask one thing of the community. If anyone had High Def pictures of the 1997 V8 Supercars Series can you please send them. I have plenty but some are terrible. I would greatly appreciate it.

Richard
TeamHRM co-founder.

How is this mod progressing, its still going isn't it. I personally would want it on rfactor 1, rfactor 2 for me is overrated. My opinion though, the option of where it goes will be whats easier and who wants it

Sadly this has taken a MASSIVE backseat. Hammie hasn't done much modelling wise n the last 6 months. Only model ingame is the VS Commodore. From memory the EL body was ingame but no templates exist for it
9as far as I am aware). No physics or sounds are done either.

After moving from the North Island to the South Island of New Zealand my wheel is at my parents place up north so physics are impossible for me to play with right now.

I intend to get the files off Hammie and get the VS completed by June 2018 (possibly on rF2 as well as rF1).

Liveries are in various stages for the VS.

So yeah. things are stalled right now but with free time I may be able to push the VS out.

There is one that I can share right now.

Hammie has left the team, leaving me the sole survivor. I have someone working on physics for the cars on an off again, on again basis. I have ALL the associated files on my computer for the EL and VS (only 2 cars in existence right now). I'm looking at modelling software currently as well.

If anyone wants to get involved in any way, please feel free to PM me. There is a LOT of work left to do.

Richard

There is one that I can share right now.

Hammie has left the team, leaving me the sole survivor. I have someone working on physics for the cars on an off again, on again basis. I have ALL the associated files on my computer for the EL and VS (only 2 cars in existence right now). I'm looking at modelling software currently as well.

If anyone wants to get involved in any way, please feel free to PM me. There is a LOT of work left to do.

Richard

Hey mate!

Sad to hear that this has stalled, perhaps its time maybe for it to be made for Automobilista, that being a modern version of rF1.

If its possible for you, i know a few people from Automobilista Australia who would be interested in perhaps helping you out, because this mod deserves to be finished and raced in all its late '90s glory :)

I havent got much ability with skinning or physics/modelling unfortunately, but as i said i do know a few people who have those skills.

Send me an email if your interested in this, because im rarely on here "My Email".

Best of luck with everything, i would love to see this completed, and yourself get the plaudits you deserve for trying to keep this mod alive and breathing.

Regards
Cameron

I would hand out the files if my laptop screen hadn't smashed today. It's going to be a few weeks for the local shop to get and install a new screen. As soon as I get it fixed I'll send the files.

Awesome that sounds like a plan, cant wait to see what can be done :)

That could be an option as Cam said. Then after that someone may convert it to rF1

I think converting it to rF1 isnt really a good idea considering how old the game is.
Automobilista is pretty much a modern rF1, with much better physics and track evolution, it would be a real joy to have these golden oldies running around in a sim deserving of their heritage

I may look at a rF2 conversion at minimum. Depending on how many people I can get together to work on the project. I don't personally have Automoblista but I can easily get it. rF1 the commodore is already on track... literally. It can be driven albeit with borrowed physics atm from memory.

Our group/league, Automobilista Australia, is huge and im sure it would be a better place to finish a mod considering the outstanding physics and tyre models that is within the game. Once the physics are locked in, then a conversion to rF2 would be a good idea, considering the supposed tie up Reiza have with Studio 397.

Alot of people within AMSOZ are really interested in this mod, and getting it on track to reward your continued efforts to complete it!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 209 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 213 14.4%