TEAM RED - Using Crimson drivers with the old CCC

I used to be very happy man with the old CCC and all it's features like swapping between eyefinity for gaming and extended desktop for daily use by simply assigning hotkeys for each profile. Even if the UI was somewhat dated, I still think the features are better then what Crimson has to offer. As sim racer we all know that the important thing is what's under the hood.

Lets get to it, here is what you have to do:
1) Install latest Crimson software with drivers (you probably already have this)
2) Install CCC 15.11.1b amd-catalyst-15.11.1beta-64bit-win10-win8.1-win7-nov14
3) In Device manager, expand Display adapters, right click you graphics card and select Update Driver Software...
4) Select Brows my computer for driver software
5) Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
6) Click Have Disk...
7) Click Browse... and navigate to C:\AMD\Radeon-Crimson-15.12-Win10-64Bit\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF\C0296874.inf and click OK
8) Restart your computer

That's it, you should now have the newest Crimson drivers running with the good old CCC that we all know and love.

Does this include the: "use crossfire for games that don't support it" (or words to that effect!) Tick box that went missing in crimson?
That's really my only annoyance with the latest changes.

Thank you very much for this info. I don't have anything against Crimson, but I have 2x 270's and with every Crimson edition it would not save my settings for disabling CrossfireX on certain games. CCC always worked just fine making individual profiles for games but Crimson just wouldn't save that setting for me. And it was a game breaking issue in a lot of games. So I had been rolled back to the last CCC for months on end. Its nice to be up to date but still have CCC. I still would like to play around with some new Crimson settings like Frame Rate Target Control on some older games. But I'll take an up to date working CCC! Thanks again.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back