Team Orders: "Fernando is faster than you"

Ricciardo is an extremely good qualifier (for example he managed P6 in Bahrain in a car that was vastly inferior to everything but the backmarkers), whereas Webber often ends up behind slower cars on the grid.
And as far as da Costa goes: I said he MIGHT be better than Vettel. At the very least he's by far the best driver RB has produced after Vettel.

Not always, and also Webber can get pole position at times and can also qualify reasonably well most of the time. da Costa may be very good like you said ;)

Well let´s not forget Ricciardo is nowhere in the races.
Vergne last year was insane in races while Ricciardo pretty much went backwards.

Position change on lap one average over a season,

+17 - Vergne
- 2 - Ricciardo

Total points last season,

16p - Vergne
10p - Ricciardo

And that´s with finishing 4 races less for Vergne. (One of them being a technical failure (Monza)
Three 8 places as best result compared to Ricci´s four 9th places.

The only area where Ricciardo really shined was in Qualifying but looking at this year it´s 1-1 right now.

In my opinion if there´s any of the STR drivers that should get a RBR seat it´s Vergne.

But the guy i think will get the next Red Bull seat is Felix Da Costa. now that´s a talent.
He´s reserve/test driver for RBR/STR now in China so if anyone is sick he will race.

That's exactly what I don't like. Comparing drivers while they race in different conditions (race engineer, car, etc.) Vettel is worse than da Costa, Hamilton better than Alosno, and so on. It is almost impossible to judge. There are hints if a driver belongs to the "upper class", midfield or is in the wrong sport but we have to wait until Vettel gets a freshman by his side and let the season 2014 begin (propably).

The reason I mentioned Ricciardo and not Vergne is because it was in regard to the question of who would be best to help RB win the WCC if Webber leaves.
Ricciardo is very consistent and given a good car, would likely be a very decent replacement for Webber. Plus, he even shares Webbers weakness of having terrible starts :-p
Vergne is scoring more points than him because in order to score any points at all in a Toro Rosso, you need to have an exceptional race. Verge is that type of driver - every once in a while, he manages something brilliant. If he was in the Red Bull, he would probably finish most races in P4-P6, but every now and then, challenge Vettel for the win. I'm pretty sure Vettel wouldn't like that and RB would probably also prefer someone who scores more points (on average, Ricciardo finished better in the races than Vergne, but since both of their average finishing position is over 12, that doesn't translate linearly into points) rather than a few shock results.

You're absolutely right. Hope Ricciardo is on the way to a surpreme cockpit ;-)
But Kimi at RedBull would be so amazing although I think he is going to stay at Lotus. But who knows, maybe his hunger for a Championship is big enough to go to RBR

Omer Said No. There is a clear difference between fighting and going too far. Senna in Suzuka went too far when he crashed Prost. Of course it wasn't the best thing Seb could have done but I don't like the way he is treated becuase of that. Alonso blocked Hamilton in Hungary and other drivers did comparable things but none of them got this kind of response by a lot of people. Sebastian is the black sheep of F1 and I don't really see a reason why he is so much worse in his behaviour than other comparable drivers
Alonso bloked Hamilton on Hungary?????? There was a team deal saying Alonso was doing one extra qualy lap there and as the team didn´t wanted tht deal to go on for some weird reason Alonso had to make it happen on his own.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.2%