rF2 Team Match GTR vs Corvette @ Poznan Circuit - Wednesday May 1st 2013

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Guys, I'm really sorry for my mistake at the harpin first lap and for the guy(s) I hit!:redface:
I was dead last after that incident, and even spinned 2 corners later. After that it was just driving my laps but I was in bad shape because I was 1 second slower per lap than what I should be able to do, but was enough to be third with the corvettes. After a while a Nissan passed me but startet braking into my braking zone, I couldn't do anything about it, nowhere to go, sorry. Just watched the replay and I was indeed just going straight. Was chasing Mclure but wasn't fast enough to close the gap in the time that was left, and was real unlucky to be lapped at the last lap, so I could do one lap less than Cullum and David.

Congrats for the winners!:thumbsup:

in the end, my engine went on fire dramatically in front of my teammate.
so i'm enduring quite a run here. lots of disconnections which seem to be ok now. one false start leading to wall collision (while fiddling with pit menu) and now an engine blow out. never thought to check the radiator. another lesson learned i guess.

well done to axel and all finishers. i didn't come last and calum - well done mate. bring home the points lol :thumbsup: your lap must have been very good to be up there near the top of the corvettes!

Cheers mate :D could see absolutely f**k all when your engine went, my cockpit was filled with smoke :roflmao: tip toed round then you pulled off to the side with flames pishing out your car :laugh:

Just a bit of bad luck but we'll both finish a race one day :D 2-2 now :p

Cheers mate :D could see absolutely f**k all when your engine went, my cockpit was filled with smoke :roflmao: tip toed round then you pulled off to the side with flames pishing out your car :laugh:

Just a bit of bad luck but we'll both finish a race one day :D 2-2 now :p
lol yeah, i realised that you were near so i thought, sh*t..better get out of the way. i was hoping for an explosion and to observe my own death..but it just kinda fizzled out - just like my race lol

It was a very entertaining race.Nice clean racing made it really fun tonight.Great battle with Lars in the closing laps.I made a little mistake with a couple laps to go and opened the door for Lars.Just as well i had no fuel left to drive hard for the last couple laps.Well done Axel for taking first in class/overall.

Whow, what a dissapointing race for me, with some great new experiences and a new issue to the learn curve. :p

In qualy I could ghet a pretty good lap together and could start on the the front row behind Lars who did an exellent lap. :)

I had a great start and could make a run on Lars in the second corner, which gave me the lead! :D
That was new experience for me, but I knew that somewhere soon The guys behind me would pass me.
After a lap or so, the warning light from the oil/water temperature came on. :confused: And than it came to me.... I forgot to set the radiator size back to 3, so now my car was not cooling down enough. I started to short shift and drive the corner is different gears than I had practised with. The good thing was, till than.., Axel didn't attack as he kept himself out of the smoke, making sure not to make contact (at least that was on my mind). After a lap or 5 I made a mistake with the gears and locked up the rear which made me spin. That was really unfortunate. Till than I could keep the overheating engine on a stable level and also my laptimes were acceptable and thought I was coming into a nice rythme. Now I had to let all GTRs pass by and rejoin safely as 5th. :cry:

I tried hard to keep up and I could, but unfortunatly was unlucky again with the gears, this time the second for last corner... Went a little wide and brushed the wall. My wheel was 40 degrees off and had to steer left to go stratight. Lucky I was close to the pit.. :p 230 Seconds repair.... Rejoined as 10th and could gain 2 more positions. Finished as 8th 1 lap behind my teammate Ian.

Thanx everyone for turning up and joining us on TS. It was a great evening with the racing and chats/laughs. :thumbsup: I love these wednesday nights! :)

Results:
Pos Team laps
1 David Gronvalls & Lars Brugman 39
2 Ian Franssen & Stefan Woudenberg 35 59 minutes and 16 seconds
3 Mariusz Wisniewski & Kevin Cox 35 60 minutes and 31 seconds
4 Andrew Ford & Calum McLure 30
5 James Andrew & Axel Moebius 29
6 Pete Bone & Matt Horst 28
7 Craig Booth & Stefan Mizzi 12
8 James Woods & Gledson Miranda 8

Guys, some seem to forget that this is a team effort.
If you decide to quit because you have some damage it will also effect your teammate.
Just go to the pit and fix it. :)
Look at Ian and me. We became 7th and 8th in race, but still we bacame 2nd overall, just by finishing. :)

Kevin Cox: Thanx for the result! :thumbsup: I totally forgot to make a screen shot after my dissapointing race.:notworthy:

I am not sure if it's a bug with the track or car...or maybe it's realistic...but at some point my car kind of floated 1 inch from the ground and shot into the woods! I had no control on it. It happened 3 times to me.

This got me frustrated and so I left. I'm sure Craig did not bother as he was cruising around himself.

The Corvette is not for me, I don't find it fun to drive. Maybe it's the bugs, not sure.

I prefer your MOD Stefan, that was fun!!!! Put it back up please! :D

I like the teammate battles too, definetly a keeper:thumbsup: I like the Corvette a lot (sorry stefan):p, so don;t wan't it to go, but enough cars to rotate and make combinations for every event with different cars, the Nissan's, LMP2, and Corvette.

Guys, some seem to forget that this is a team effort.
If you decide to quit because you have some damage it will also effect your teammate.
Just go to the pit and fix it. :)

I never quit. However, I had a huge tankslapper into the trees and was dumped back in the pits as a retirement.

All my practice had been done in the GT-R but then I had to race the Corvette. Mr Mizzi kindly sent me a setup but the game crashed as I tried to save it to my own folder and so I had to start from scratch during qually!

Is it my poor driving/setup or does the 'vette seriously munch through its tyres? After about 5 laps I was having to be careful.

I don't think it's your driving/setup, it was the same for me, they are terrible on the tyres on this track, was also tyrewear x2 during event. My left front tyre was always red after ten laps if I pushed every lap, and had to change tyres. I do have to force the car through corners, so perhaps with better setup that wouldn't be nescesarry, but I'm not good at setting up the car. We should ask David who was clearly the fastest, I think he's in the best position to answer that question.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back