Tea Party and elections

Bram

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
Lol it's incredible how many dumb people are allowed to vote seeing the results of yesterdays elections in the US.

Bram

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
If she really gets elected (god forbid it) the US will be the joke of the globe :) I really thought this would never happen again after George W. Bush

Warren Dawes

Premium
Unfortunately, the nomination of Sarah Palin as a Vice Presidential candidate last election demonstrated just how sad the American political process has become.
BTW, I don't think that America is the only country suffering from this, we have had some hopeless people running for top positions in Australia in the last decade. It seems that intelligence is not important in politics anymore, it is about popular extremes and media propaganda.

Bram

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
But those politicians are selected by the people that vote for them. That is what surprises me most. In the US there were some solid candidates too (some even in the senate for a long time) and they were completely blown away by the tea party morrons.

Oh well, you can't blame a modern country that still needs to vote in a way my granddaddy's father did back in 1880 :)

If you repeat nonsense often enough and loud enough, the ignorant will take your word for it. If you then appeal to their hidden fears, you've got a movement!
It's happened before. Germany in the 30's comes to mind.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 88 18.9%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 9.0%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 9.9%
  • €3001-5000