TC72 Class @ Mo I Rana - Thursday 21st October

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyertc72.jpg

Servername: RD GTL RACING CLUB
Class: TC72
Vehicles: Abarth 1000TCR / Mini 1310 / Fiat 131 / Alfa 1300 Junior / Ford Falcon Rallye
Track: Mo I Rana
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 mins
Qualification: 10 mins - one timed lap
Race: 2 x 16 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: You can choose any 2 cars for these races - although you must use a different car for each race.
Note3: Default skins only
Note4: This is a NON Rankings Point event.

Problem not solved. Starting to have panic attack. I downloaded the mod again and unzipped. Still only see 1000TCR .....GameData....Teams....TC 65...Abarth1000TCR and individual car folders but no sound folder??? what am I doing wrong? Probably something stupid. Can't download from no grip for another 6 plus hours.

Not an eventful night, was too slow for anything really, but fun track.

Jack, Yves and myself had an interesting start at least :D

gtl2010102123335064.jpg

gtl2010102123361521.jpg

It all ended in tears shortly after this :rose-dead: :D

gtl2010102123355099.jpg

And a brown pants moment, I think this was Hans. Barely missed him.

gtl2010102123342285.jpg

Nice shots Senad, always great to see screenshots of Mini's hey, but then I'm biased. :tongue:

That last one was certainly Hans, he parked beside me after the race and I couldn't help noticing that most of the front was missing from his Mini. Hans was looking mighty sharp in qualy too. :wink:

Nice shots Senad,
That last one was certainly Hans, he parked beside me after the race and I couldn't help noticing that most of the front was missing from his Mini. Hans was looking mighty sharp in qualy too. :wink:

Had a great quali,and a great start, passed Nigel so I was driving behind you but I always find a place to take off making a complete head roll you must have seen it in your mirror Warren, so from second place to last driving back to p5, great race evening an happy to see you racing again Warren :D

that was great fun, first qualy was good and got pole with the Falcon ( what a cool car :) ) nailed my start but messed up the exit of the turn up the hill and got off track, rejoined last and made my way back up to 4th place but i was pushing so hard to try and catch the leading pack that i sun again, finished 5th.

race 2 was hell lol qualied 5th but lost a few place at the start which i regained a bit later on the first lap. on lap 4 i think i spun the car and off in the wall causing massive damages, pitted and got it fixed to only forgot to put the pit limiter back on and got a stop and go penality. by then i think i was already 2 laps down so i decided to call it a night.

That was a ton of fun, but each race was fun for different reasons.

I was feeling much better after my physio treatment yesterday, so made a late decision to join this one, I was really missing my GTL racing with the old crowd. Thanks again to Senad for fixing me up with the Falcon download. I gave the Falcon a quick test run with Yves on the Server yesterday, and quickly found out that I was hopeless driving it, it tried to kill me on nearly every tight turn. So scratched that car from my choices.

Race 1, Fiat 131: This was a cracker of a race, lots of lead changes and some close duelling all race. :D:D
I struggled with the handling of the Fiat, just couldn't dial out the understeer, but it seemed to have nice acceleration out of the turns. Qualified P2 (very surprised) behind Yves' Falcon, but a few of us were very close, so a good race was assured.
Despite my usual sluggish start, the guys behind took pity and let me settle into P2 through the first flowing chicane. Yves hit the gas too early through downhill right hander and the Falcon bit him hard. :wink: That gave me the lead, but had Stuart and Gary ready to pounce. The three of us had a terrific race, I lead for a few laps, then Stuart slipped past, a few laps later, I got a good run over the back chicane and nipped inside Stu at the hairpin, buit Gary was relentlessly hounding my tail. With only a few laps to go, the Fiat understeer caught me and I went off, letting Gary grab the lead. While Gary and I battled, Stuart was gaining again, and he returned the favour by slipping inside me at the hairpin this time.
Well done to Gary for the win, and Stu for 2nd, a really memorable race, and extremely clean. What made it more interesting was that each of us were clearly stronger at different parts of the track, but in the end our laptimes must have been very similar. Thanks heaps guys, I loved it. :wink:

Race 2, Mini 1310: How could I resist this car, I hadn't driven it in ages, but I slipped into it like an old favourite shoe. :love:
Unfortunately, during Qualy it became clear that this car was a mis-match to the others, but since there were plenty of other Mini's in the race, I was hopeful of some fun. After Qualifying P1, I actually got it off the line reasonably (for a Mini) and held the lead into the critical first chicane. After opening a big lead after the opening couple of laps, the level of the mis-match was obvious, I was already alone and not sure what to do, drop back and play with the others (not really fair when you have a huge advantage) or just try to test the car. My rear tyres were already red hot, so I decided to wring the neck of the Mini, see what it was capable of, and see if it could withstand some punishment. It held up exceptionally well, and I had a lot of fun thrashing it around this track. This car was made for Moirana.
So, I still enjoyed the race, always do in my favourite Mini's. This car is way too fast for TC65 Class though. :rolleyes:

Thanks to all who joined, great to be back with the GTL boys again. :D

I enjoyed that Fiat 131 a lot,Warren describes it fine there how things happened,i was mainly just a watching brief for most of it,then made good my chance late on and held it just to the line,agree with Warren it was a contender for GTL classics archive :).

Opted for "Junior" in race2 but was close to going new Falcon,not close enough to see what was going up front,like race one i tended to lose positions rapidly from the start,the main chunk of the race was hounding Hutcho for what panned out to be 2nd place,we somehow mysteriously picked up Nige in our affray about 2 thirds through the race,my battle came to a crunching end at T1 when i went for the Lenno muchacho loco bravado hang around the outside that inevitably went wrong for me,checked replay to confirm but Nige's car was totally invisible,no shadow or owt,but my recollection of events just leading up to the incident tells me a jury of 12 would probably say my fault by about 10 to 2,never heard from Nige afterwards so assuming hes less than impressed,sorry m8.

Thank You Stu/Carlos & RD

... I always find a place to take off making a complete head roll you must have seen it in your mirror Warren, so from second place to last ...

I just watched the replay, wow, Hans gets the flying acrobatics award for the night. :eek:

I almost cried watching a poor Mini being treated like this, hang your head in shame, Hans. :tongue:

Actually, I had a huge laugh, this was up there with many of our famous crashes in our Rally Club. :redface: :D:D

Attachments

• Flying Hans 1 .JPG
    Flying Hans 1 .JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 238
  • Flying Hans 1.5.JPG
    Flying Hans 1.5.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 471
  • Flying Hans 2.JPG
    Flying Hans 2.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 473
  • Flying Hans 3.JPG
    Flying Hans 3.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 258
  • Flying Hans 4.JPG
    Flying Hans 4.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 236
  • Flying Hans 5.JPG
    Flying Hans 5.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 227
I chose the Alfa in R1 and it was the first time I have ever used it and what a smooth handling car. I spent most of the race between Senad and Hans and we looked like we were playing an accordian. In R2 I was definitely out classed in the mini but I slowly started to get the hang of it and I posted my fastest lap of the day until I went wide on a turn, hit a wall, and developed steering problems. Overall I was not very consistant and I was eventually lapped by Warren. Well done goes to Gary, hats off to Warren for a tremendous showing...your my newest hero. Thanks to Carlos and Stu, fellow racers, and Hans and Senad for racing with me.

Awesome images and I was there to see it live.

After looking at the races, the times and using the RDHGP League times as a comparison, the TC72 class isn't going to work. :frown:

The Mini 1310 and the Falcon Rallye are way too fast for the class. The only thing keeping the Falcon times deceptively close to the others was the massive gradients and crested corners that affected it much, much more than any of the others. When you got it right or even close to right, it was a load faster than all the others bar the Mini 1310. Put it on a flatter track and it would blow pretty much everything else away.

Consequently, the Mini 1310 & Falcon Rallye will be competing in the GTC65 class from now on, with the Alfa Junior, Fiat 131 & Abarth TCR rejoining the TC65 class.

The TC72 class is no longer with us.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 246 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years