Servername: RACEDEPT.COM TEAM
Class: Lotus Cortina / Toyota Corolla & Abarth 1000TCR / NSU TT
Track: Laguna Seca
Conditions: 16.00 GMT race time
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min
Race: 16 laps
Notes:
1. Click here to read the password and golden rules!
2. Teams will consist of 2 drivers
3. Teams will be randomly selected from the sign up list. Please do NOT ask if you can choose your own team mate.
4. Driver will be allocated as "Driver1" & "Driver2" within the Team.
5. In Race1, Driver 1 will driver either the Cortina or the Corolla, Driver 2 will drive either the Abarth TCR or the NSU TT.
6. In Race2, Driver 1 will driver either the Abarth TCR or the NSU TT, Driver 2 will drive either the Cortina or the Corolla.
7. Driver 1 & Driver 2 are NOT obligated to drive the same cars as each other in the 2 races. So, within a team, Driver 1 could race the Corolla & the Abarth, Driver 2 could race the NSU & the Cortina.
8. If you are driving the same car in either race, you should use the same livery.
9. Once I announce the teams - probably on the Monday before the event (so people can have a chat), I would like one of the team representative to nominate all the liveries they will be using on the night. Liveries will be on a first come first served basis, and no team may duplicate. Where possible, pls try and keep the liveries in similar colours for ease of identification. As last time, I will put up team pictures with the liveries for reference.
10. Scoring will be done the same as the previous Team event

P1 = 1 point, P2 = 2, P3 = 3 etc.

The team scoring the lowest aggregate points across the 2 races wins.

This was put up this far in advance so I can do the required admin, so people (hopefully) have enough time to consult within their teams a little if they want to.

My very truncated review.

Race one - good fun, arbath is a riot.

Race two - Total garbage, Toyota is a total shed that should have been drowned at birth.

Despite all the early problems, another good evening. Thanks Stu.

My very truncated review.

Race one - good fun, arbath is a riot.

Race two - Total garbage, Toyota is a total shed that should have been drowned at birth.

Despite all the early problems, another good evening. Thanks Stu.

I'm glad we teamed up Tom, because for me it was totally opposite:D

Race one - Total garbage, no love for the TCR tonight

Race two - good fun. The Cortina was a blessing after the TCR. Was getting a little tired though

Thanks for all the hard work tonight Stuart:good:

Race 1) I am still in shock. I am usually a mid pack driver at best. I will say that Sam helped alot. I was getting steady 1:50s, 1:51s until Sam let me use his setup and let me follow him around the track to learn his lines, with his help I was able to bring my times down to steady 1:48s with a best of 1:47s.
So I owe my first (and possibly only lol) win to Sam. Thanks Sam!!!

Race 2) Not much to say really, I qualied 2nd and finished third.

Stu, thanks for all your efforts in setting up the team event. I am sorry it didn't turn out the way you planned, but it was still awesome. Racing with you guys is always amazing, no matter what.

Ben, don't feel badly for what happened tonite bud, it happens to all of us at one time or another. Like Stu said, "part of GTL's rich tapestry".

OK - just for everyones info, I've done a sneaky cleanup and, I can now swap mods cars in and out as and when needed.

Please bear in mind, for Tuesday @ Le Mas Du Clos, I'm going to keep it to default cars, no mod cars, so some or all of you will have to re select, but I feel happier keeping it simple for a little while.

Stu, I don't know how everyone else feels, but I will tell you that I really don't care much about what track or car I am in as long as I am racing with you guys.

Keep it as simple as you like or need to. I don't think anyone will complain.

Plus, it's less demanding on you and more likely that no one will have any problems since it's the default stuff.

Race 1) I am still in shock. I am usually a mid pack driver at best. I will say that Sam helped alot. I was getting steady 1:50s, 1:51s until Sam let me use his setup and let me follow him around the track to learn his lines, with his help I was able to bring my times down to steady 1:48s with a best of 1:47s.
So I owe my first (and possibly only lol) win to Sam. Thanks Sam!!!

Mate - you were flying, thoroughly deserved win :good:

Race 2) Not much to say really, I qualied 2nd and finished third.

You had some good pace in the Cortina as well, drove some great lines in the first couple of laps, and gave me zero chances to get past cleanly. I had to drop back a bit so I had a bit more space to get up some momentum, and had to wait until I got that run on you up the hill to make it stick.

You, Tom & Lee have all fitted in nicely into the pack, so it's really quite close, top to bottom.

For me it wasn't a perfect evening. Late arrival due to traffic and then noticing that we had to use the Abarth in R1: never driven the thing and I had 1 timed lap in Q.... exciting :)
Started at the back due to a reboot as I had problems with the sound (despite installing the soundpack -> reason for my last reboot was a final attempt to get it working -> failed).
Then 16 laps in my 'electrical' Abarth: a wonder the engine didn't die as I was over revving constantly. Sometimes the lack of engine noise made me drive calmer and at the end I had some good times with almost all of you (not with Carlos though as he was way ahead. Gratz Carlos)

R2: C&C...though I only tested the NSU for Laguna :D the only car we couldn't pick.
Tried the Corolla first as it looks oh so good but that resulted in a lot of troubles. The sound was there, my controller input had crashed :( no response from my G25. Rejoined with the default Cortina but suddenly my entire profile was corrupted and I had to reset all my controller-settings. The entire feeling (Warren's G25settings) seemed to be gone and I got this very soft feeling in the car. This in combination with the worst setup ever driven resulted in a spin or 3-4 in every lap. Still a lot of fun with mr. Tusting who seems to be applying for a job in Disney's car-ballet :D A pit was unavoidable and so was the inevitable S&G. In the final laps I was chasing Hans (-1 lap) and ended the race with a smile on my face.

Thanks Stuart!

OK - just for everyones info, I've done a sneaky cleanup and, I can now swap mods cars in and out as and when needed.

Please bear in mind, for Tuesday @ Le Mas Du Clos, I'm going to keep it to default cars, no mod cars, so some or all of you will have to re select, but I feel happier keeping it simple for a little while.
OK - I feel that I need to clarify my stance a little further, as I'm wearing a bit of flak for last night's fiasco, even though I did what I thought was best to try and keep everyone included.

The mods have not been stripped out of the club. They will all return once I can - with 100% confidence - say to people having problems "it's you, at your end, we all work, sorry but we are now proceeding to race". I'm 99% sure of the validity of the installs anyway, but I want to give myself enough breathing room to test it to breaking point without sacrificing Club or League events.

The mods all worked perfectly well for everyone else except one person, and yet we conceded our night to allow him to race. I thought that was immensely inclusive of us, but I can see how that might be taken as putting one person's needs above the majority's. In retrospect, after it went on for more than, say, half an hour, I should have called a halt to the proceedings and moved on - possibly so should they. I stopped it being a Team event when it became clear that people had been disadvantaged by taking cars they had not practised in, or by losing their Team partner.

Please take this from me - I do not expect every event to be totally fault free. I strive for it, I test to make sure things are as good as possible with regard to cars, tracks, skins etc, but I know perfection is unlikely.

That being said, I do not expect people to be installing tracks, mods or skins during practice. It's not like I give 20 minutes warning with these events, there is ample time to get things squared away. If you aren't going to have time, I'd prefer you not to sign up rather than what happened last night.

In spite of all the probs in race 1 ,I had a very great race evening.

Quali.4't in race 1 with a 1.50.3xx fast for my doing especially with a 1 flying lap,In the race it last until turn 3 going to wide ended in the gravel an the whole field went by, so the rest of the race try to fight my way back ,finish place 6.(lost my 4 't place in the last 2 laps bugger)

I was amazed by Carlos his performance 1.48 ? great race Carlos.

Race 2 Quali. in 5't place (not bad) bud could not keep up with the rest,let Kris past a couple of times seems faster then me so good for the team,bud after reading Kris his story I understand his problems,so finish place 6.

Stuart don't take it all to your self,no body is making a problem out of it,
and there is always a next time, to be better prepared, so up to the next team event:)

my controller input had crashed :( no response from my G25. Rejoined with the default Cortina but suddenly my entire profile was corrupted and I had to reset all my controller-settings. The entire feeling (Warren's G25settings) seemed to be gone and I got this very soft feeling in the car.

Kris, not sure if this was your problem or if you know about this tip.

GTL has a random bug that results (very occasionally) in losing the FFB when driving on-line. It can be very quickly solved without even leaving the server:
Go to Options/Controls screen and open the Controller Force screen. Make a setting change and then change it back to the previous setting, I usually just uncheck the Reverse Effects and then check it again. This immediately resets the FFB again and off you go.

I was amazed by Carlos his performance 1.48 ? great race Carlos.

Thanks Hans. Your aren't the only one that's amazed, I'm still pinching myself to see if I'm awake and not dreaming, lolz!

I think one of the reasons I was able to win is that everyone was forced to drive the abarth and a lot of guys didn't have a chance to practice at all before the race. So I sort of had an unfair advantage. And lets not forget that I was besting 1:50s until Sam helped me out and gave me his setup along with letting me follow him around.

AAARRGGHH...I did it again :curse::doh2: I missed the feckin 1st
race due to a timed out entry to the grid I was sooo looking farward to that 1st race
in that car :damnit: Im kicking myself still

Carlos you had a great 1st race you was flying I was saying on TS how well you was doing...great race and amazing lap times:clap:

race 2 started good breaking away in a pack of the front 5 (I think)
then an off track moment just after the bridge b4 the SS's sank me back to the middle and again in the same place the lap after:tremble:
fought my way back and had a couple of good battles ended up
5th but race 1 I had expectations for and missing it made me loose a bit of hart I was gutted..
but hay sh*t happens
congrats to the winners and to the host stu cheers man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%